Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to have your say on this topicNew here? Join for free to post

Got 5 offers - how would you rank these unis ..

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    in terms of experience, quality of teaching and graduate employment.

Course is History & Theology and Religious Studies.

Offers:

Leeds: ABB [A in History]
    Lancaster: AAB
    Glasgow: ABB
    Cardiff: ABB
    Newman University College: 280 points

Trying to decide what to firm and what to insure. Thanks for any help.
    ETA: since I'm a EU passport holder from Northern Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid for me at Glasgow by SAAS.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Probably Lancaster, Cardiff, Leeds, Glasgow then Newman... but I'm not student I'm going on what Ive heard from others and the grades!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...dies-theology-

Sorted.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lancaster, Leeds, Cardiff, Glasgow then Newman.

So basically the order of the offers from high to low. And since you only get two choices, it's pretty clear you should firm Lancaster and backup one of the others (maybe not Newman unless you're convinced you're likely to mess up more than one subject)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I love how everyone uses the Guardian tables since the Times got put behind a paywall.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first 4 are all pretty equal I would say? Just firm the one you like the most, where you'd feel the most comfortable. Leeds is a big city, with lots do to and it'll be completely different to Lancaster which is by the sea and is much smaller. Also it depends what modules you do in each course and whether they interest you - I would have applied to Leeds if I had the grades for the course, and I know they had modules that I'd love to do.. it's ashame they changed their entry requirements
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'd go:

Leeds > Cardiff > Lancaster > Glasgow > Newman

But I know a lot about Leeds and Cardiff, and nothing about Lancaster, so I'm almost certainly wrong :P
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callum828)
    I love how everyone uses the Guardian tables since the Times got put behind a paywall.
    Yup, that's my reason. Dam you Times!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Leeds
    Cardiff
    Glasgow
    Lancaster
    Newman
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    forget rank, it means nothing if you aren't enjoying it
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    darn, tried to give a thumbs up to all who replied just to say thx for the input, but seems there's a limit you can do each day grrrr. Good to see other peoples opinions so thanks all. edited my original post to include info that since I'm a EU passport holder from Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid at University of Glasgow for me by SAAS.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmtdevlin)
    darn, tried to give a thumbs up to all who replied just to say thx for the input, but seems there's a limit you can do each day grrrr. Good to see other peoples opinions so thanks all. edited my original post to include info that since I'm a EU passport holder from Ireland I'll most likely get full tuition fees paid at University of Glasgow for me by SAAS.
    Not bad.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmtdevlin)
    are you south of the border though?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: January 8, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.