The Student Room Group
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
think i'mgoing to chose furness as my 1st choice - new accommodation, people reccomend it, quite central!

then lonsdale as my 2nd
Student in the Laboratory, Lancaster University
Lancaster University
Lancaster
Visit website
Reply 2
Pendle as 1st, nice accomodation!, and read it was 'Venue of Legends?' sounds gud to me!
Prob furness as second, like their college appearance in the guide to the colleges :party:
Reply 3
I think i am going to choose County, because it is far enough away from Alexandra park to not be surronded by the concrete buildings but close enough to roll out of bed whereas Lonsdale and the other South West colleges are quite a walk away. Also they are all en suite (expensive) and the spine ends halfway to them and i like to be dry.

Sorry that turned into a bit of a rant but come on County 'for the tree' or whatever their saying is,

Sam
Reply 4
Yeah, County for me as well Sam123! :biggrin: Because I've heard it's very sociable, you share kitchens with about 25 people, there's a big tree plonked in the middle of it, it's got a new bar, and it's next door to Theatre Studies :biggrin:

Come on County!

Joe
Reply 5
I've voted Lonsdale (although most people choose there because its new etc) because i felt 'at home' there. but my second choice is fylde because it seems a cool place and very competitive and sporty so i should fit in just great :p:
Reply 6
I haven't really decided what college I am gonna choose but I'm leaning towards Lonsdale since there are about 70% girls:P

I would want a college that would meet the following criteria:
-Very social and good college spirit
-Nice accomodation
-Situated near the management school
-Mixed halls(both guys and gals)
-Some foreign students would be nice:smile:

Which college would be best for me would you say?
Reply 7
LMAO. i can confirm that girls thing. was a pleasant surprise to me at the beginning of the year :smile: . ground floor in my house is all boys and 2 girls and then it's 3 more floors of all girls and i think 2-3 boys!
Reply 8
judge john
LMAO. i can confirm that girls thing. was a pleasant surprise to me at the beginning of the year :smile: . ground floor in my house is all boys and 2 girls and then it's 3 more floors of all girls and i think 2-3 boys!

Judge John you are at Lonsdale college? Do you recommend it?

I would like to be at a quite lively, partyish college.
Also which has the hottest girls?
Lonsdale is known as the party college and it's true- also it definitely has the hottest girls. I'm not biased at all...
Reply 10
SWE_Ranger
Judge John you are at Lonsdale college? Do you recommend it?

I would like to be at a quite lively, partyish college.
Also which has the hottest girls?

yeah I’m in Lonsdale.
well you have to understand that the majority of students in every college will change ever year as loads more fresher’s come. so you can't say one is a party college or one has loads of fit girls :wink: , it's just the luck of the draw. i don't know to much about other colleges but form what little i know Cartmel seems a little quieter than most and Bowlands bar has always been empty when i have passed. I’m sure you will find many people to party with in any college.
but as ‘Carolinedoodle’ says Lonsdale is know as the party college and this year it certainly has plenty of girls! but it can have it's downsides. i once ended going out with 8 girls, me being the only guy, and it was somewhat of a famine evening :wink: .
Reply 11
bumping this up, it should get more of a response now people have chosen! and it'll say if you've already voted!
Reply 12
Furness! Because it's close to everything and looks like the most fun and really friendly! Plus brand new rooms
I've voted Furness which will be my first choice with Pendle as my second.

I was in Cartmel last year before I dropped out (I chose the wrong course - long story) and it was crap. I ended up with third years and foreign people on my floor with only two other freshers, added to that I dont think that college community was all that great.
I chose Bowland as my first choice and i'm not the only one! :biggrin:
Reply 15
this from the uni website says that most colleges are evenly chosen http://www.lancs.ac.uk/depts/cro/frontpage.htm
Reply 16
furness for me...i liked the look of the pictures and also fancied slumming it without a washbasin for the full student experience!

x
3 bowlanders now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
Does anyone know the dates the accomodation will be sent out/ if they already have?

I presume it's after grades are released but I'm not entirely sure.
what about Grizedale college, it's nearest to the management school, any takers !!!

Latest

Trending

Trending