The Student Room Group

Good pen for exam

So am looking for a decent pen for english exams- 2 hours and a half each! :eek:

Nowadays, you can get pens which don't take much effort to write with and glide easily across the paper. Also something with a soft grip!

Any help please!!! :smile:
thanks!!

Edit: Not a fan of biro pens, get massive painful cramps after writing in them for more than 15 mins!
Also NO GEL PENS!

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I would also love to see answers to this :smile:
Reply 2
a pencil-like pen. (dont know if that exists)
Reply 3
I'm also on the look out for a good pen. Any suggestions anyone?
Reply 4
Easy. You need a uniball eye micro pen. They are On offer in Rymans actually fr about 3 pounds for 3 Pena.
What's good about these pens is exactly what you asked, smoot consistent ink that glides. so no need to press hard another good pen is those pens which have a rubber at the top to erase pen mistakes, I think the company Pilot make them.

For the rubber grip, you can buy those separately :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Bic Soft Feel:

Unbeatable.
Reply 6
Original post by Miss Sweet
So am looking for a decent pen for english exams- 2 hours and a half each! :eek:

Nowadays, you can get pens which don't take much effort to write with and glide easily across the paper. Also something with a soft grip!

Any help please!!! :smile:
thanks!!

Perfect pen for an exam

http://www.savingmyfamilymoney.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/bic-pen_06242010101918.jpg
Reply 7
How is this not the least of your problems with exams?!

Anyway, I use this pen for all my writing.

Normally the black one at the bottom.
It's useful for me because I need to to diagrams, but even for english, you can use black and blue to make headings stand out. Just don't use any other colours.

I also use the more odd colours (a pen with orange, purple, and something else I can't remember) for lecture notes and making my own notes-they stand out.
Reply 8
lol more worried about learning the stuff than what I'll ryt it down in...haha a normal ballpoint? - An make sure it writes in black! On second thoughts take 2
Reply 9
Personally I couldn't recommend these more: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pilot-Needlepoint-Liquid-Ink-Rollerball/dp/B000J69KXS. The writing seems to glide with these and it doesn't even smudge (unless you really try to). Ever since I discovered them I've been using them for years.

An alternative that I also use for any instance where I need to write fast are black ink parker pens. Once you've broken them in, they're smooth to write with, don't smudge and are comfortable to use. Parker pens are the only type of ball point pens that I use tbh. These have seen me through many 3 and a half hour law exams without any problems, so you'll be fine :smile:.
Reply 10
Original post by nmudz_009
lol more worried about learning the stuff than what I'll ryt it down in...haha a normal ballpoint? - An make sure it writes in black! On second thoughts take 2

Lol truu truu
but it's good to have a decent pen to write down the stuff without getting cramps in your hand just 20 mins into the exam.
Reply 11
Pilot V5 liquid ink pen. They're £6 for 3 in a pack usually. I got a box of 12 for £13 from Amazon, they last aaaaaaaages - I used one pen for all my semester 1 exams in uni.
Reply 12
I just use plain old biro's, I find them the most simple and easy to use and they don't smudge at all :smile:
Reply 13
Pilot pens or Parker fountain pens.
I'm quite a fan of medium-thickness Uniballs (black, ofc).
Reply 15
I use a uniball vision elite, but I buy refills now, because they're poor value. All my exams usually use up one or two, so they don't last AGES, but they write really well.
Not sure why but I really enjoy writing with fountain pens although I am left handed, it's far easier than the cheap biro pens, and you can get a decent one from Parker at around £7. Failing that, the Uniball black ink Rollerball pens are a quality purchase and you can get 3 for under a fiver.
In my first year university exams - we're talking hundreds of people in the Great Hall - I was writing with one of those liquid ink reservoir pens and the ink doesn't immediately dry. I went back to correct something I had previously written and ended up putting my hand in wet ink, lifting it off the page and looking at the mirror image of my work on my hand, just as an invigilator walked by.
Reply 18
I usually use Z-Grips.
Cheap as chips in Tesco and they on't break easily.
Plus the rubber grip is soft enough to be comfortable.
Original post by maskofsanity
Bic Soft Feel:

Unbeatable.

I have pen envy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending