The Student Room Group

Barts and The London - 2012 Interviews, Offers and Rejections Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Got an offer too!

Original post by Kartace
Whooooo Unconditional Offer! It's been a long two years!!! I could slay the people who made my predictions!

well done kartace! you deserve it :smile:

Original post by Floramb
Omg!!! Got the intending offer email!!!!

Nice one! :biggrin:
Reply 61
Original post by marijuana
Nice one! :biggrin:

Thanks! :biggrin: i'm so relieved!!
Reply 62
offer, finally. reapplying was totally worth it
Reply 63
Hey, anyone with an offer returned their medical form received confirmation? or a UCAS update?
Reply 64
Original post by zara_x
Hey, anyone with an offer returned their medical form received confirmation? or a UCAS update?

Nah not yet, sent it on the day i got the email too. I guess we'll get it soon. I post on here, when i do.
Reply 65
Original post by Kartace
Nah not yet, sent it on the day i got the email too. I guess we'll get it soon. I post on here, when i do.

how did you get your vaccination done so quickly?
Reply 66
I've already had 2 of them. I had the first one back in october when I was doing some dental nurse work. I think i might get a BCG vaccination too. Anyone else think of this?
Reply 67
Original post by Kartace
I've already had 2 of them. I had the first one back in october when I was doing some dental nurse work. I think i might get a BCG vaccination too. Anyone else think of this?

Thanks for replying! I just had my BCG vaccine done today! It hurt! lol
Reply 68
Original post by zara_x
Thanks for replying! I just had my BCG vaccine done today! It hurt! lol

No problem, and oh dear 0.o was it bad? I'm getting one soon. I'm not too bothered with needles though tbf...i'm just curious. Have you had your hep B yet? What was it like in comparison with that?
Reply 69
Original post by Kartace
No problem, and oh dear 0.o was it bad? I'm getting one soon. I'm not too bothered with needles though tbf...i'm just curious. Have you had your hep B yet? What was it like in comparison with that?

Yep finished all my vaccinations now, erm I'd say its a little sharper but its left my arm dead! But the nurse said everyones different.

Is Barts your first choice?
Reply 70
I got the offer updated on ucas the other day after sending in the form, so you guys should hear soon, bear in mind if your a gap year applicant like me, the offer will appear conditional on ucas just on the basis of a crb check and health check. Look forward to seeing you guys at the post offer open day :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by zara_x
Yep finished all my vaccinations now, erm I'd say its a little sharper but its left my arm dead! But the nurse said everyones different.

Is Barts your first choice?

Oh right, yeah the arm deadening thing happened when i got my tetnus and polio booster. I was rough for about 3 days after too, fever and sore throat. I had a liverpool open day aswell! euchhh that was a pain.

Yeah Barts is my first choice i think, i haven't heard from Liverpool yet, but theres something about barts thats quite attractive. How about you?
Reply 72
Original post by Kartace
Oh right, yeah the arm deadening thing happened when i got my tetnus and polio booster. I was rough for about 3 days after too, fever and sore throat. I had a liverpool open day aswell! euchhh that was a pain.

Yeah Barts is my first choice i think, i haven't heard from Liverpool yet, but theres something about barts thats quite attractive. How about you?

Oh well apparently with this you can also get a fever, rash, swollen glands and brusing but you shouldn't worry, sounds great :tongue:

well its my only offer, still got to hear back from sheffield but I really liked it when I went, everyone seemed so friendly! Just can't wait to get there now!
Reply 73
Original post by zara_x
Oh well apparently with this you can also get a fever, rash, swollen glands and brusing but you shouldn't worry, sounds great :tongue:

well its my only offer, still got to hear back from sheffield but I really liked it when I went, everyone seemed so friendly! Just can't wait to get there now!

Oh wonderfull! Sounds like i have a treat in store doesn't it! I live in the country next to a farm with TB though...so i may very well have been exposed to it. Which would be nice...no painfull needle.

Same here...except i'm waiting on Liverpool. I agree, i wish i was going off tommorrow, i just want to start. I wonder what the accomodation is like there. Defo gonna be needing an onsuite i think lol.

The post offer open day clashes with a national youth music course for me though :s so i hope i can get there.
Reply 74
Original post by Kartace
Oh wonderfull! Sounds like i have a treat in store doesn't it! I live in the country next to a farm with TB though...so i may very well have been exposed to it. Which would be nice...no painfull needle.

Same here...except i'm waiting on Liverpool. I agree, i wish i was going off tommorrow, i just want to start. I wonder what the accomodation is like there. Defo gonna be needing an onsuite i think lol.

The post offer open day clashes with a national youth music course for me though :s so i hope i can get there.

Oh well hopefully! I had a montoux test about a month ago, but no reaction so had to have it. Try get the ball rolling as soon as possible beacuse I'd say it took me about 8months to get this! The referal to the hospital took ages!

I know I've been looking online at the various ones. I want an en-suite too but it'll mean a 20 minute walk everyday to whitechapel but still going to do it lol

I cant go to the post offer open day either, wont be in the country lol which is a shame. Where abouts are you from?
Reply 75
Original post by zara_x
Oh well hopefully! I had a montoux test about a month ago, but no reaction so had to have it. Try get the ball rolling as soon as possible beacuse I'd say it took me about 8months to get this! The referal to the hospital took ages!

I know I've been looking online at the various ones. I want an en-suite too but it'll mean a 20 minute walk everyday to whitechapel but still going to do it lol

I cant go to the post offer open day either, wont be in the country lol which is a shame. Where abouts are you from?

Yeah i should be having my test within the next few weeks from the respiritory nurse. I went into the hospital and asked while waving my barts letter around...i figured it would be quicker than a referal :tongue:

I agree, i think the walk would probably combat the inevitible student diet :tongue: I'm from a little place called Haverfordwest in south Wales. You?
Reply 76
Original post by Kartace
Yeah i should be having my test within the next few weeks from the respiritory nurse. I went into the hospital and asked while waving my barts letter around...i figured it would be quicker than a referal :tongue:

I agree, i think the walk would probably combat the inevitible student diet :tongue: I'm from a little place called Haverfordwest in south Wales. You?

Ah good thinking! Haha thats what my mum said, a little exercise won't do any harm! On the webiste it says only a small number of rooms will be reserved for medical and dental students.hope we manage to get one!
Oh quite far away then! Im from just outside of sheffield! :smile:
Reply 77
Congratulations on the offers guys! I received an email telling me they were intending to give me a formal offer once I'd sent proof of my first vaccination. Quick question, is anybody from here actually going to attend the post offer open day?
Reply 78
Original post by Q.T
Congratulations on the offers guys! I received an email telling me they were intending to give me a formal offer once I'd sent proof of my first vaccination. Quick question, is anybody from here actually going to attend the post offer open day?

Yeah I got mine on track too. I'm not sure if I'll got to the open day. I've already been twice and you're not allowed to bring a friend! :frown:
Reply 79
Original post by Floramb
Yeah I got mine on track too. I'm not sure if I'll got to the open day. I've already been twice and you're not allowed to bring a friend! :frown:

Twice? And no friends?! Not worth the trip in that case! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest