The Student Room Group

Barts and The London - 2012 Interviews, Offers and Rejections Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by Q.T
Twice? And no friends?! Not worth the trip in that case! :biggrin:

Good point! :wink:
Reply 81
I've got my offer from Barts through ucas now, but it says conditional on passing police checks. How do we get these done, or do they perform these for us?
Reply 82
Original post by CaseySD
I've got my offer from Barts through ucas now, but it says conditional on passing police checks. How do we get these done, or do they perform these for us?

You have to call 999 and ask them to send you a printout of your record which is on their system.
Reply 83
Original post by CaseySD

They sent me an e-mail saying that in June they'll send me a form to complete a CRB :smile:
Anyone firming Barts? I have! :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by DentalUniApplicant

Just waiting for sheffield to get back to me then i will too :biggrin:
Original post by zara_x

Ooh yay :smile: are you going to that open day on the 3rd too?
Reply 87

Original post by zara_x

Yeah I've just got to wait for Glasgow. I'm not sure if I'll go to the open day...? What about you? :P
Reply 88
got the offer now through track
Original post by Floramb
Yeah I've just got to wait for Glasgow. I'm not sure if I'll go to the open day...? What about you? :P

I think I will go to it :smile: would be nice to explore London for the day too xD
Not sure about them saying we can't bring family/friends though... it can't be that crowded can it? :L
Reply 90
Ooh yay :smile: are you going to that open day on the 3rd too?

Original post by Floramb

I would go but I'm not in the country! I liked the uni on the interview so hopefully thats enough...more of a surprise in spetember :colondollar:
Reply 91
Anyone got confirmation for their place at the open day ?
Original post by bertstare
Anyone got confirmation for their place at the open day ?

Yep, I have. Have you? :smile:
Reply 93
Anyone looked at the accomodation yet? I'm leaning more towards Mile End than Whitechapel i think. France house looks nice...if a little expensive.
Original post by Kartace
Anyone looked at the accomodation yet? I'm leaning more towards Mile End than Whitechapel i think. France house looks nice...if a little expensive.

I agree Mile End does look better than Whitechapel, especially for the first year. Haven't heard anything about how to apply though, would you happen to know when we will be able to? :smile:
I agree Mile End does look better than Whitechapel, especially for the first year. Haven't heard anything about how to apply though, would you happen to know when we will be able to? :smile:

Google my friend. :smile:

http://www.residences.qmul.ac.uk/college//application/index.html#newpolicy
Reply 97
Original post by Kartace

Weekly charge: £137.48 single ensuite premium, inclusive of all energy and cleaning costs
Minimum contract period: 38 weeks (15 for 1st semester Associates, 22 for 2nd semester Associates)

£137.48 * 38 = £5,224.24 if I'm correct. Isn't that reasonably priced considering you're allowed a maintenance loan of up to £7,500 if studying in London?
Reply 98
Original post by Q.T
Weekly charge: £137.48 single ensuite premium, inclusive of all energy and cleaning costs
Minimum contract period: 38 weeks (15 for 1st semester Associates, 22 for 2nd semester Associates)

£137.48 * 38 = £5,224.24 if I'm correct. Isn't that reasonably priced considering you're allowed a maintenance loan of up to £7,500 if studying in London?

I suppose what i should have said was...that it's the most expensive of all the accomodation that queen mary provide for the undergraduates. Although tbf....just over £2000 to cover all other maintence costs seems a bit of a stretch to me? Tbf though, i have literally NO idea what it costs to be a student in london. My gut would say probably more than £2776.76 though...I dunno, guess thats all part of the fun eh!? :tongue:
Reply 99
Original post by Kartace
I suppose what i should have said was...that it's the most expensive of all the accomodation that queen mary provide for the undergraduates. Although tbf....just over £2000 to cover all other maintence costs seems a bit of a stretch to me? Tbf though, i have literally NO idea what it costs to be a student in london. My gut would say probably more than £2776.76 though...I dunno, guess thats all part of the fun eh!? :tongue:

Living off a fiver for the final month! :biggrin:
Yeah I guess that'll be the biggest problem with London supposedly being more expensive. I think it'll be a good idea to stalk somebody whose finished their first year at Barts and ask them how it went financially :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest