The Student Room Group

severe panic attack in exam and consequences?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by npaul4
thx, it must have been really hard for you too. hopefully the more things that you get through, the exam on tues being one of them, the more positive things you have got to think of when you are struggling.

how many exams have you got coming up?

yeah, i'm hoping summer exams will be easier to cope with. I have four in january - 10th, 11th, 13th and the 16th. How about you?
Reply 21
Original post by suicidaloverbusiness
yeah, i'm hoping summer exams will be easier to cope with. I have four in january - 10th, 11th, 13th and the 16th. How about you?

ah thats not good, you've got barely any gap between them so bet thats going to add to all the stress :frown: Ive also got four- one on 12th two on 23rd and one on 24th.

let me know how it goes on tues, try not to worry too much about it (i know thats a lot easier said than done but just try to distract yourself). if you're quite prepared for this test maybe scrap the revision altogether as this is only going to make you think about the exam, maybe watch a film instead. I'll be online tomorrow afternoon if you've got anymore queries or if you just want a chat as i bet you'll be nervous about tues, i know i will be for thurs.
Original post by npaul4
ah thats not good, you've got barely any gap between them so bet thats going to add to all the stress :frown: Ive also got four- one on 12th two on 23rd and one on 24th.

let me know how it goes on tues, try not to worry too much about it (i know thats a lot easier said than done but just try to distract yourself). if you're quite prepared for this test maybe scrap the revision altogether as this is only going to make you think about the exam, maybe watch a film instead. I'll be online tomorrow afternoon if you've got anymore queries or if you just want a chat as i bet you'll be nervous about tues, i know i will be for thurs.

Thank you, that's very sweet of you :h: I have study leave for this week but I have to go in tomorrow to attend a mandatory ICT revision class for my exam. :| and, I have to see a few teachers which is compulsory too.

I'm actually terrified of tuesday looming, I haven't managed to sleep for three days now. I spent literally all of yesterday from 12:30am til 7:30am awake. I can't seem to sleep and i'm on sleeping medication, i'm just trying to be positive because this time next week i'll be preparing for the final exam. Fingers crossed things will start to look up soon.

Good luck with your exams and they're quite nice-ishly spaced out.
Reply 23
Thank you, that's very sweet of you :h: I have study leave for this week but I have to go in tomorrow to attend a mandatory ICT revision class for my exam. :| and, I have to see a few teachers which is compulsory too.

I'm actually terrified of tuesday looming, I haven't managed to sleep for three days now. I spent literally all of yesterday from 12:30am til 7:30am awake. I can't seem to sleep and i'm on sleeping medication, i'm just trying to be positive because this time next week i'll be preparing for the final exam. Fingers crossed things will start to look up soon.

Good luck with your exams and they're quite nice-ishly spaced out.

we dont get study leave at my sixth form :frown:
good luck for tomorrow i hope everything goes ok
Original post by npaul4
we dont get study leave at my sixth form :frown:
good luck for tomorrow i hope everything goes ok

Hey, thanks for the support :h:
Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse on Sunday night where I felt suicidal for the first time since my hospital discharge. I was in such a state so I called my sister (living away at uni) but she called an ambulance...taken to A&E...assessed...thankfully i'd calmed down by the time the doctor managed to see me.

I didn't make the ICT revision class yesterday but was adamant that i'd sit this exam. It wasn't too bad, I might not have completed it to my expectations, but, given the prior weekend it's just a miracle that I managed to get through the exam at all.
Reply 25
Hey, thanks for the support :h:
Unfortunately things took a turn for the worse on Sunday night where I felt suicidal for the first time since my hospital discharge. I was in such a state so I called my sister (living away at uni) but she called an ambulance...taken to A&E...assessed...thankfully i'd calmed down by the time the doctor managed to see me.

I didn't make the ICT revision class yesterday but was adamant that i'd sit this exam. It wasn't too bad, I might not have completed it to my expectations, but, given the prior weekend it's just a miracle that I managed to get through the exam at all.

im so sorry about sunday, i hope you're feeling bit better now. well done for getting through the exam, thats a massive achievement particularly after the weekend as you said!! i know its hard but try to focus on this positive now, particularly if youre having a really low day like sunday, you should be really proud :biggrin: well done
Original post by npaul4
im so sorry about sunday, i hope you're feeling bit better now. well done for getting through the exam, thats a massive achievement particularly after the weekend as you said!! i know its hard but try to focus on this positive now, particularly if youre having a really low day like sunday, you should be really proud :biggrin: well done

Thank you :h: I appreciate it. I have another exam tomorrow and will have to get through the week day by day until exams are over. Hopefully, by then my mood will have lifted and I won't have such frequent panic attacks. I've come too far to just let it all go to waste.

How's your revision going?
Reply 27
Thank you :h: I appreciate it. I have another exam tomorrow and will have to get through the week day by day until exams are over. Hopefully, by then my mood will have lifted and I won't have such frequent panic attacks. I've come too far to just let it all go to waste.

How's your revision going?

yeah just take it step by step. my revision is going all right i guess, just not finding enough time to do loads thats all
Original post by npaul4
yeah just take it step by step. my revision is going all right i guess, just not finding enough time to do loads thats all

lol, isn't it always.
I'm going through a similar situation at the moment and was wondering if the rule of being allowed to leave to calm down and getting time back from it applied in all countries or just your specific school or counrty
Original post by hiddens0ul
I'm going through a similar situation at the moment and was wondering if the rule of being allowed to leave to calm down and getting time back from it applied in all countries or just your specific school or counrty

The rules for Edexcel (AQA, OCR, CCEA and WJEC) exams are the same the world over. In the case of a medical need (nose bleed, vomiting, severe panic attack) you can be taken out of the exam room under supervision and given time to recover (which doesn't count for the exam time) before returning to the exam room, You do have to be supervised at all times.

Quick Reply

Latest