The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Your experience with Sheffield interviews?

Hi,

I have mine next month and would really appreciate any insight/advice. I've heard they're fairly laid back but I don't want to under-prepare or be too relaxed about it.

It is for Zoology, after a recent Oxford interview I'm guessing it can't be any worse, but they've not revealed too much about the Sheffield interviews and I'd like to make sure I'm appropriately prepared.

Many thanks and happy new year! :biggrin:
Reply 1
What's the letter like? Is it basically phrased: we will make you an offer when you attend the open day where there will be an informal interview?

If so, mine was fine [Chemistry]. I first got asked stuff about why Chemistry, what interested me and that sort of thing - largely a lot of what should be in your personal statement. I think he then asked me about how college was going, A-levels, which subjects I was enjoying (and why/why not). Bit about the course - like why i'd applied for the industrial year, and whether the MChem/BSc was better. After kind of general stuff like that he asked me some Chemistry-based questions, he steered towards the topic area i'd mentioned I enjoyed doing during AS/A2. Some stuff i'd done, and some sort of using stuff i'd done with an unfamiliar thing. I didn't answer those great, to be honest, making a mess with simple stuff. I had chance to ask any questions about the department or course I had, I think he told me my offer(s) - I applied twice - then and there.

It didn't really last that long, and they certainly weren't out to grill us to the bone like I suspect Oxford might have!
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending