Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The 2012 STEP Results Discussion Thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: Should we include the AEA in this thread?
    Yes
    33.76%
    No
    66.24%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jilebinator)
    My invigilator decided to talk to me in the middle of my exam yesterday. so annoying.
    i had a pe exam going on in the same hall as me today, the guys thought it would be funny to fart the whole way through the exam (loudly). They also thought it was ok to start talking loudly when they're exam was over even though mine was still on. i wanted to punch someone
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    i had a pe exam going on in the same hall as me today, the guys thought it would be funny to fart the whole way through the exam (loudly). They also thought it was ok to start talking loudly when they're exam was over even though mine was still on. i wanted to punch someone
    was just me and the pe crew as well and also made silly noises leaving the hall lmao, snap
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by like_a_star)
    (Original post by Troll the Trolls)
    was just me and the pe crew as well and also made silly noises leaving the hall lmao, snap
    You got nothing on me... there was a wedding at the church next to my school... 20 minutes of bell ringing argghhh!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thrug)
    You got nothing on me... there was a wedding at the church next to my school... 20 minutes of bell ringing argghhh!
    ok u win
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Both of my exams started early at 12:30 so the first hour of both of them was lunch hour, and people eat their lunch right by the exam hall apparently :mad:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone tried registering to the online website where you get your STEP results from? It's saying my D.O.B is invalid :|
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desijut)
    Has anyone tried registering to the online website where you get your STEP results from? It's saying my D.O.B is invalid :|
    I got the same problem. I was told we are suppose to register about 10 days before results so it might have something to do with that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam-jennings)
    I got the same problem. I was told we are suppose to register about 10 days before results so it might have something to do with that?
    cheers, our school told us nothing
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troll the Trolls)
    It was the 4 STEPpers, the Latin people and that PE crew in my school. But I was actually happy to have some music (travelling from the music block after school) during the exam.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it also won't work if you're using Chrome
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, are the chances of getting in high if you miss your STEP offer slightly, but exceed your A level offer?

Ie, instead of A*A*A 1,2 you get something like A*A*A* 1,3 or S,3?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fruktas)
    I was wondering, are the chances of getting in high if you miss your STEP offer slightly, but exceed your A level offer?

I'm thinking along the same lines as you...Someone from my school got in last year with 3A* and 1A at A Level and 1,2 in STEP when the offer was 1,1 but I think they weren't far from the 1 in the step paper they got 2 in
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CharlieAdam1)
    I'm thinking along the same lines as you...Someone from my school got in last year with 3A* and 1A at A Level and 1,2 in STEP when the offer was 1,1 but I think they weren't far from the 1 in the step paper they got 2 in
    Do you know how far they were (i.e. 1 mark or 5+ marks) and also do you know which college they applied to?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

The standard STEP offer is 1,1. Some lucky applicants get 1,2. Once places have been taken by those who meet their offer, colleges with spare places will look first at their own near-miss applicants. Whenever I've tried to find out more about this process, A level grades have never been mentioned. It's all about STEP - marks as well as grades.

Near-misses then get summer-pooled, and may be fished out by another college. In a typical year, a 1,2 has a less than evens chance of getting a place.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ian.slater)
    The standard STEP offer is 1,1. Some lucky applicants get 1,2. Once places have been taken by those who meet their offer, colleges with spare places will look first at their own near-miss applicants. Whenever I've tried to find out more about this process, A level grades have never been mentioned. It's all about STEP - marks as well as grades.

Near-misses then get summer-pooled, and may be fished out by another college. In a typical year, a 1,2 has a less than evens chance of getting a place.
    Oh, well, then I guess I can't afford to miss my offer haha
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh, it was nice of my school to tell me about that. Oh wait..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it also won't work if you're using Chrome
    Here we go, i just tried it on firefox and it

Oh, it was nice of my school to tell me about that. Oh wait..
    It was a blue A4 sheet of paper
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It's going to feel really weird not doing any STEP when I've done like 2 or more questions a day for I don't know how long. I'm not even sure what do with myself now all exams (except fp2) are over
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Here we go, i just tried it on firefox and it

It was a blue A4 sheet of paper
    Didn't get one of those :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    It says:

Please make sure you register no earlier than 10 days before the advertised results release date.

Right by where you click register :P

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 18, 2012
New on TSR
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.