The Student Room Group

Maastricht Applicants 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by b-beauty
The first exam is in paper and pen format. This one is quite hard to categorise ...i would say you need good foundation of AS-Level Human Biology. If you have ever sat the UKCAT, there is a bit of Abstract reasoning and Verbal reasoning as well. Then there is a bit of 'what would you do' type of questions if I can call them that, a few questions about the healthcare system in the Netherlands (They dont ask you about the organisation itself. Instead they give you a scenario and ask what you make of it, why you think other parties may view it differently etc etc)
The second exam is approximately 80% Medical Ethics and this is a computer based exam. The best way to prepare for this is to simply go on the GMC website and look for the article called 'what makes a good doctor'. Have a good read of that and you will whizz through the exam. Its dead easy but time is your enemy as your answers need to be coherent and grammatically correct. It really helps to be a fast typer here.
Hope I have answered your questions. Dont hesitate to keep asking.:smile:

I would also like to apply to Maastricht next year but I think I'll have to take the Biology exam since I only have one hour per week. How would you categorize its difficulty? Apart from that I fullfil all their requirements for the other subjects and I also have my CAE exam at grade B.
Reply 941
Original post by fijo kay
am really searching for an eu school that has a very low tuition for an international student,am african but iam schooling in north cyprus.:frown:

where about are you studying right now?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending