The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Will I recieve news of an offer before Applicant day?

Hi all,

I've just recieved an invite to an Applicant Day at the University of Hull (Department of Politics) and I'm just wondering if they will wait until after it to make me an offer? In other words will they base an offer around the impression they get of me on that that? Or is it likely that they will send me an offer before?

I don't know whether I'm supposed to treat it as a sort of interview or whether it's the Uni trying to convince applicants to go there? They've given me three dates to choose from: either the end of Feb, mid March or the end of March.

Thanks in advance,

gtfcmariner
Reply 1
I honestly don't know. I got my offer (also for Politics) before I got the email about the applicant day and I'd imagine if they were going to reject you they wouldn't bother inviting you.
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hmm I don't know, still doesn't make sense as other people have recieved offers before invitation to Applicant Days. What grades did Hull offer you to get in?
Reply 3
280 UCAS points inc. a B in Government & Politics, for the Politics course :smile: A few other people I know applied for Politics and IR and got the standard 320 offer though so I'm confused about it being 40 points lower but not really complaining as it's my first choice lol. Hope you get your offer soon :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by .gina
280 UCAS points inc. a B in Government & Politics, for the Politics course :smile: A few other people I know applied for Politics and IR and got the standard 320 offer though so I'm confused about it being 40 points lower but not really complaining as it's my first choice lol. Hope you get your offer soon :smile:

My mate was offered 340 for politics!
Reply 5
:eek: seriously?! I'll consider myself lucky there then. What are their predicted grades?
Reply 6
Got an offer through the other day 320 UCAS points from 3 A-Levels including a B in Government & Politics. Pleased that it wasn't higher than the typical offer.
Reply 7
P.S. Gina have you booked your applicant day? They've obviously sent me an invitation via email but also said I should have recieved an automated email from them with a link to register for the applicant day (which I haven't recieved). I subsequently emailed them but I had no reply so I'm just wondering if you managed to book it?
Reply 8
Yes I managed to book it, I got the automated email. Might sound stupid but did you check all your spam folders and everything? Cuz mine ended up there.

Glad you did get your offer though :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9
Politics at Hull is awesome!

Quick Reply

Latest