The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Psychology at the University of Glasgow offical thread 2012

Hey just wanted to start a thread for anyone, who has applied/had offers or unconditionals for Pyschology at Glasgow. Thought it would be nice to talk to everyone in the same boat as me:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
(edited 12 years ago)
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
anxiously waiting for a reply on ucas, first choice! :smile:
Reply 3
Yeah me too, Have you recieved anything from them ? Im so worried im going to get a rejection as I sent my application of ages ago, and I havent even had so much as an email from them :frown: I only want to go too glasgow, will be distraught if I get a rejection !
Reply 4
are you borderline with grades? usually they are only instant with definite yes' and no's.
Its the only place i really want to go too :P we shall seeee,
Reply 5
No not really I exceeded the entry requirements, my predicted grades were A*AB so I will be sooooo confused if they dont want me, mabey my personal statement wasn't very good. Dammmmit!
Reply 6
I have an unconditional for psychology at Glasgow, soooo happy as I only got A*A D (with special circumstances though). Can't believe they want me!!

Original post by Laurelcs
No not really I exceeded the entry requirements, my predicted grades were A*AB so I will be sooooo confused if they dont want me, mabey my personal statement wasn't very good. Dammmmit!

I am pretty positive you'll get in - unless your personal statement is really bad which I doubt it is. If I got in then anyone can I reckon. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by laauurraa
I have an unconditional for psychology at Glasgow, soooo happy as I only got A*A D (with special circumstances though). Can't believe they want me!!

I am pretty positive you'll get in - unless your personal statement is really bad which I doubt it is. If I got in then anyone can I reckon. Good luck! :smile:

Yeah I was being impatient ! haha got an Offer yesterday ABB SO HAPPY !! :biggrin:
Reply 8
ooh rejected, kinda hurts :frown:
Reply 9
I have received a conditional for glasgow, also for strathclyde and cali. so decision time - Glasgow is my main choice I think as it gets good feeback re psychology dept. There is also an applicant day on 27th March that would be very informative.
Reply 10
Waiting for a second reply. Glasgow Uni e-mailed me and said my grades were enough to compete for a spot, but not to offer me an unconditional straight away. So I have to wait until "mid March" for a response. Nervous as hell. I really want to study Psych at Glasgow :smile:

Otherwise, it's English Language for me! But what'ya gonna do with an English degree, right? :wink:
Reply 11
I got an offer for English Lit, but I've already asked to change it into English Lit & Psychology. So I hope I'm welcome here! :smile:
Reply 12
ooooooh i got my rejection changed, offer for glasgow psy, def firm. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 13
Original post by ingridd
ooooooh i got my rejection changed, offer for glasgow psy, def firm. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Mind if I ask you HOW ON EARTH?
Reply 14
They offered you a place when they first rejected you? what the hell? HOW?
Reply 15
well turns out my school hadn't sent some stuff about circumstances, bit odd :P but i aint complaining! Got an email from glasgow with an offer the next day :smile: haaaappy
Reply 16
Original post by ingridd
well turns out my school hadn't sent some stuff about circumstances, bit odd :P but i aint complaining! Got an email from glasgow with an offer the next day :smile: haaaappy

Can I ask you how you contacted them? They don't seem to respond e-mails, did you call? Also who did you contact? I'm finding that a little confusing.
Reply 17
Man, I am so jealous. I just got rejected by Glasgow (Psychology) today. Really depressed. Still have my English Language tho, but I'd muuuuch rather study Psychology for 4 years. FML
Hi all... curious to know which of Glasgow's Psychology course codes people have been accepted under? I applied for all 3 (C800, C801 and C802) but got rejections (no reason given) for 800 and 802. Still nervously waiting for a response from the C801 Psych course... anyone in the same boat?

Unlike (I expect) most of you guys I'm a mature applicant (I have better than the listed higher requirements, but I did mine in 1998, so I don't know if they count anymore!) - not sure if this affects the order they deal with applications or not?
Reply 19
Original post by Ahlbergo
Man, I am so jealous. I just got rejected by Glasgow (Psychology) today. Really depressed. Still have my English Language tho, but I'd muuuuch rather study Psychology for 4 years. FML

Well, in Scotland unis, for your 1st and 2nd year you choose two additional subjects, o I don't really see a big problem here, you can take psychology. :wink:

Quick Reply