The Student Room Group

AUCB / Bournemouth Arts College University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Well. They gave me a conditional place but it says...

Congratulations; The Arts University College at Bournemouth (Formerly Arts Institute at Bournemouth) has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Make-Up for Media and Performance, W45G; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Pass the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

What the actual F? 2013!!! I'm sure I applied for 2012 with no deferred entry so I checked and...

The Arts University College at Bournemouth (Formerly Arts Institute at Bournemouth) (A66)
Make-Up for Media and Performance (W45G)
Campus: Main Site (-) Live at home while studying?: No
Start date: September 2012 Deferred entry?: No

Im really confused. Think I'll talk to tutor tomorrow about this.

Really shiz that you guys didn't get in :frown: x
yeah, its not good enough is it. i need real actual reasons like what more do they want to see exactly. and i don't see how doing a foundation course again would benefit me in anyway because i know what it entails and if its that they want to see me using a wider range of media and experimenting in different styles and different art subjects they could just tell me that because i'd rather teach myself stuff in my own time then waste another year on another foundation incase its **** again. it costs alot of money when i don't even know if i would get into this course afterwards anyway and its not even makeup related. and i learnt nothing on my foundation degree at epsom, apart from that i definatley didn't want to do a degree in fine art , media, graphics or fashion because my passion doesn't lie there. its just frustrating because i know what i want to do and what i want to be taught but i don't know if i will ever have a chance to do it. i wish i was rich so i could just pay for loads of these 8 grand courses. i know a girl whos parents lent her 40 grand to do a makeup course in l.a and now she's doing all the big movies and working for mark coulier. do you have photos of your work? did you do a foundation degree aswell?
Original post by Jstreeton
Well. They gave me a conditional place but it says...

Congratulations; The Arts University College at Bournemouth (Formerly Arts Institute at Bournemouth) has asked us to tell you that it is offering you a place for Make-Up for Media and Performance, W45G; starting in September 2013 at point of entry 1.
The conditions of the offer are:

This offer is subject to you obtaining

Pass the Foundation Diploma in Art and Design.

What the actual F? 2013!!! I'm sure I applied for 2012 with no deferred entry so I checked and...

The Arts University College at Bournemouth (Formerly Arts Institute at Bournemouth) (A66)
Make-Up for Media and Performance (W45G)
Campus: Main Site (-) Live at home while studying?: No
Start date: September 2012 Deferred entry?: No

Im really confused. Think I'll talk to tutor tomorrow about this.

Really shiz that you guys didn't get in :frown: x

well done! thats really good youve been offered that though! so basically they are saying you have to do a foundation with them first anyway? have you done one already though? that sounds rather confusing!? im just going to email them and be like hi, so i didn't get on my course and was told to email you if i want to apply for a foundation course instead but as ive already done a foundation degree i'm a bit confused as to why doing a foundation course again will benefit me anymore so i was hoping i could be given some extra feedback as to why i didnt get in or any other sort of courses i could do that would help me so i know whether to bother applying next year, thanks.-but more formally obviously ha. i know they have very high standards and it must be really hard trying to decide who they believe really want it especially when some people are just amazing blaggers but i believe im good enough and im someone with very little confidence in myself but one thing i do know is that i have a talent when it comes to art and drawing people which i would think is very important in makeup.it would be nice to be told what they thought of my work atleast and where i could improve and develop my skills. id love to see peoples portfolio work that did get in so i can get an idea of what they like. do you have photos of yours? its just quite disheartening cos i didnt feel like she cared at the interview or that i was given much of a chance. they obvs dont realise ive done a foundation degree though :s-smilie:
Reply 103
Original post by lipglossandblack
well done! thats really good youve been offered that though! so basically they are saying you have to do a foundation with them first anyway? have you done one already though? that sounds rather confusing!? im just going to email them and be like hi, so i didn't get on my course and was told to email you if i want to apply for a foundation course instead but as ive already done a foundation degree i'm a bit confused as to why doing a foundation course again will benefit me anymore so i was hoping i could be given some extra feedback as to why i didnt get in or any other sort of courses i could do that would help me so i know whether to bother applying next year, thanks.-but more formally obviously ha. i know they have very high standards and it must be really hard trying to decide who they believe really want it especially when some people are just amazing blaggers but i believe im good enough and im someone with very little confidence in myself but one thing i do know is that i have a talent when it comes to art and drawing people which i would think is very important in makeup.it would be nice to be told what they thought of my work atleast and where i could improve and develop my skills. id love to see peoples portfolio work that did get in so i can get an idea of what they like. do you have photos of yours? its just quite disheartening cos i didnt feel like she cared at the interview or that i was given much of a chance. they obvs dont realise ive done a foundation degree though :s-smilie:

Thanks! I thought they wanted me to do a foundation year with them, but it appears not after looking into this with my mum. I was surprised as I am currently doing one already.

I've got photos of my portfolio yeah, or at least I did have. Most of the portfolio wasn't particularly makeup based though, more 3D but character influenced.

Properly not feeling all this shiz atm as well. x
Reply 104
Ok. So apparently I have a place for next year and they would have given me a place this year but they had already given away all the places on the course.

So I go on to a waiting list now.......
Original post by SophieLouL
I just got a reply today as well. I also haven't got in :frown: they said my application was not up to the standard as others they have interviewed or would expect to see. How lovely :/ keep us on tender hooks for ages and then tell us were not good enough. I'm gonna contact admissions as well, hopefully they'll be able to give us a better answer.

Don't expect them to contact you to be honest. I'm a second year student (on a different course at AUCB) and the lecturers don't even contact me!
Ok. So apparently I have a place for next year and they would have given me a place this year but they had already given away all the places on the course.

So I go on to a waiting list now.......

Really! Thats really bad! Do you reckon they had already filled the spaces when they interviewed us because I seriously got the impression she wasn't interested in interviewing me at all. You would have thought she would have asked me something about my work atleast wouldn't you? What does being ont he waiting list mean? Do you definatly have a place next year? Thats reeally out of order if you dont immeadiatly be put through for it, like if they interview you again or anything. What are you guna do for the year? My mums guna help me pay back a loan that im going to get so I can do a course at Neill Gorton's studio. frickin expensive though! and she thinks I should do a foundation but I haven't been able to find anywhere I can get funding for it yet as im a mature student so I cant see it even being possible if I really wanted to. I've emailed them asking about it all and if they actually saw on my interview notes that I have done one and asked them to put me forward for the foundation interview if they think there is a point so I'll probably give them a ring if they don't replyint he next few days.long x
Reply 107
Hi!

Has anyone here got an offer for Make-Up for Media and Performance course or everybody here has been rejected? :frown:

I've got conditional.
Reply 108
As anyone got into BA Interior Architecture?
Reply 109
They've now changed it to a conditional for this year haha.

So...
Original post by Oliskova
Hi!

Has anyone here got an offer for Make-Up for Media and Performance course or everybody here has been rejected? :frown:

I've got conditional.

Yes. Me. Conditional offer :smile:
Reply 110
They've now changed it to a conditional for this year haha.

So...

Yes. Me. Conditional offer :smile:

Great! What conditions? Can I contact you somehow to talk? (facebook?) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending