The Student Room Group

Adding a choice in TRACK after 15 Jan 2012 deadline.

Hi all, I had read up a number of threads and there had been many versions to it. Would appreciate all opinions and advices.

Current I had used up 4 out of the 5 choices after submission (before the 15 Jan 2012 deadline).

If I intend to use the remaining choice by adding through TRACK after 15 Jan 2012 would the choice be given equal considerations as long as it is before 30 June 2012, or do I have to contact the university direct on the availability. What are the chances of the choice made after 15 Jan 2012 deadline?

Thank you.
Original post by ds27
Hi all, I had read up a number of threads and there had been many versions to it. Would appreciate all opinions and advices.

Current I had used up 4 out of the 5 choices after submission (before the 15 Jan 2012 deadline).

If I intend to use the remaining choice by adding through TRACK after 15 Jan 2012 would the choice be given equal considerations as long as it is before 30 June 2012, or do I have to contact the university direct on the availability. What are the chances of the choice made after 15 Jan 2012 deadline?

Thank you.

It's possible to get an offer - however, the 15th Jan is the deadline for equal consideration, so chances of an offer are lower, especially the later you decide. If you know your choice, why would you wait until after 15th though?
Reply 2
Original post by ds27

Thank you.

You will sadly probably be disadvantaged if you apply after the deadline.
Original post by ds27

Thank you.

No one can say what the chances are but as far as that one choice is concerned, you've applied after the equal consideration deadline. They wouldn't be obliged to even consider your application.
Reply 4
Thank you for all the replies. :smile:

I think I had come to a conclusion that although we are still able to add choices after the 15 Jan 2012 deadline thru TRACK (given that we had submitted the application before the 15 Jan 2012 deadline), the chances of the remaining choices diminishes with time.
Reply 5
Oops another question.

I understand that we can make changes to our university choices within 7 days from the date of application submission.

If within this time frame, an offer had been given out on a particular choice, can we still change that choice ?
Reply 6
Original post by ds27
Oops another question.

I understand that we can make changes to our university choices within 7 days from the date of application submission.

If within this time frame, an offer had been given out on a particular choice, can we still change that choice ?

As far as I am aware, you can however I would phone up UCAS just to make sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending