Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Diablo 3

Announcements Posted on
TSR Movie Madness is down to only 8 films! Help decide on the final 4 now! 15-07-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimbo1234)
    :facepalm: Servers seem to be down and people have already completed Inferno. Although most of the game is fun, Blizz have seriously ****ed up on some major parts of this game.
    I'm on inferno now.

Here's how to abuse the game and get to inferno whilst still having a life/exams (I was out at bodypower all of yesterday - actaully won £100 of fitness equipment - so I didn't just grind to inferno).

Abuse the AH.

You can literally have the best items for nothing then sell them for as much as you paid for them 5 levels later and repeat. Look for reduced level req on weapons to jump the "tier" of dps (like level 50 + weapons have +100 dps over 40-49 weapons so look for a level 52 weapon with -5 level requirement so you can rinse nightmare easier etc etc).

Don't waste your gold on upgrading crafting

Gold comes easy at 60 - you could go and farm easier hell/nightmare areas and make thousands in minutes.

Get loads of armour and hp and stack your main stat.

literally all there is to it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    I'm on inferno now.

Here's how to abuse the game and get to inferno whilst still having a life/exams (I was out at bodypower all of yesterday - actaully won £100 of fitness equipment - so I didn't just grind to inferno).

Abuse the AH.

You can literally have the best items for nothing then sell them for as much as you paid for them 5 levels later and repeat. Look for reduced level req on weapons to jump the "tier" of dps (like level 50 + weapons have +100 dps over 40-49 weapons so look for a level 52 weapon with -5 level requirement so you can rinse nightmare easier etc etc).

Don't waste your gold on upgrading crafting

Gold comes easy at 60 - you could go and farm easier hell/nightmare areas and make thousands in minutes.

Get loads of armour and hp and stack your main stat.

literally all there is to it.
    Cheers for the tips. Seems like you and others are powering through the game quite easily, would this be fair to say? Is there gonna be any real replayability for D3?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Cheers for the tips. Seems like you and others are powering through the game quite easily, would this be fair to say? Is there gonna be any real replayability for D3?
    At the current rate people are playing the game at, not really. The game will probably be pretty quiet in the coming weeks when people have maxed out a few characters and can't be bothered doing the same levels for the 30th time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Yeah I am powering through. There's a lot of re-playability/it's still fun!

Inferno is really really stupidly hard at times when the mobs get ridiculous combinations of abilities. I currently am stacking armour/resistances on my Demon Hunter to just not get one shotted.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I'm really struggling as a Witch Doctor in Act 2 Nightmare. :L
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SilentIdea)
    I'm really struggling as a Witch Doctor in Act 2 Nightmare. :L
    What are your stats? Seriously, Auction House is cheating it's that good. Spend your gold on keeping your items up to date. For weapons just get the highest damage one (damage > stats (within reason)) and then get intellect:vitality on a 2:1 ratio ish and make sure you have ~35% armour for nightmare (40% + hell and ~50% inferno)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Do most of you play on the US or EU servers?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    EU for me
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    EU for me
    I've decided to go down the reduced level requirement item route. Only thing is that the level it states on the item is the the actual reduced level. I'm now stuck with a 340odd dps ceremonial knife that I can't use until I get to lvl 47, when atm I'm lvl 43. :L

Thanks for the tips btw. As for stats my vitality is roughly 500, intellect is roughly 300 and damage is 390 odd. I'm using a very low dps 2h item atm though. 85~
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Switching weapons every 5 weapons or so is the single biggest dps boost you can get. Just play the AH. Buy a weapon and sell the one you just replaced. That's the beauty of not having bind on equip items.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just beat Hell and I have to say, some fights are getting damn tough. Just had an epic fight (after multiple wipes) on Izual. I'm loving how it's taking more thought into my stats and skills in order to beat things. Some epic packs are absolutely rediculous though...even on hell...and I'm expecting heavy repair costs throughout inferno. Things like Arcane-knockback-firechain, especially in tight corridors, are nigh on impossible.

Still love it though. It's good to have a game that's actually challenging for a while.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Just beat Hell and I have to say, some fights are getting damn tough. Just had an epic fight (after multiple wipes) on Izual. I'm loving how it's taking more thought into my stats and skills in order to beat things. Some epic packs are absolutely rediculous though...even on hell...and I'm expecting heavy repair costs throughout inferno. Things like Arcane-knockback-firechain, especially in tight corridors, are nigh on impossible.

Still love it though. It's good to have a game that's actually challenging for a while.
    Inferno elites have 4 abilities. It's sad times all round. The worst combo I can think of for melee would be waller, jailer, desecrator and arcane enchanted, or as I call it, lasers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roobsa)
    Inferno elites have 4 abilities. It's sad times all round. The worst combo I can think of for melee would be waller, jailer, desecrator and arcane enchanted, or as I call it, lasers.
    Yeah, I've taken to guerilla-style warfare of running in, poking and running for my life until I find time to poke again. Takes ages but I've found good survivability now I'm stacking vit and using a shield. Just hoping in the very end that I can actually stand still and do some sustained damage to mobs.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Mmm I'm excited to get this. Must hold out until after June, though!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hassi94)
    Mmm I'm excited to get this. Must hold out until after June, though!
    you're gonna have an amazing time you know! it's amazing... yesterday I went home after a 10 hour shift and BAM servers were down ... tonight they should be up so gonna do some serious merkage
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a diablo 3 guest pass ?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just hit 60 on my barbarian... (my second character)

With regards to gear for barbs in inferno (it works in hell etc too - but most people have been on forums saying barbs can't solo inferno etc etc)

resist all > vitality > +armour > strength > -% damage from melee/ranged attack >phys resist

(this is assuming you take the passive that gives 1 armour per point vitality, too)

Why?

Well,

Damage done = Damage * [1-armour%] *[1-resist%] *[1-other modifiers...] * ...

for example

I have 73% armour reduction, 65% resistances, 30% reduction for being a barbarian, and -4% from melee attacks (perk on shield)...

this means damage done =

0.27 * 0.35 * 0.7 * 0.96 = ~6%

to take into account dodge chance (mine is like 11%)

E(damage) = E(damage) * [1-dodge chance] = ~5.5%

inferno is still hard, though. In act 3 base damage is upwards of 150k from WHITE mobs, meaning even with 6% I would take like ~10k per hit from WHITE mobs.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any special tips for Monks?

Apart from the ones already mentioned here.

I am currently lvl 30 with 530 of dexterity.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wants to help me out on Hell mode act 3 here? =.=
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guigao)
    Does anyone have any special tips for Monks?

Apart from the ones already mentioned here.

I am currently lvl 30 with 530 of dexterity.
    You should pretty much be able to cruise through the whole of normal as a Monk, just keep upgrading your main wep. What skills are you using?

Closer to hell though... you'll need to be thinking about vitality and consider using a shield because you will get hit and die.

I'm at inferno now and struggling. Mobs hit so hard that I need to kite and thus, lose a big part of my DPS/spirit regen. Not sure what to do apart from continually farming for gear up to the point that I have gotten to (fields of misery). It doesn't help that as soon as we reach elites and die, people start leaving :/

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 27, 2012
New on TSR

Naughtiest thing you did at school

Did you get away with it or were you punished?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.