Diablo 3

Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vox0)
    Have a look at this:

http://eu.battle.net/support/en/arti...m-requirements

Looks like you'll be fine unless you wan tto spend money to pay for an ever so slightly better graphics card.
    Cheers!
    I was considering getting a HD 6770, reckon it's worth it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moontoon)
    Cheers!
    Sorry, couldn't tell you the slightest thing about gaming hardware.

Infact, I need help of my own trying to figure out if I should get a new rig for myself
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinkangelgirl)
    anyone going to get it when its released on may 15th!
    Me me me!

Literally cannot WAIT for this game, just hoping it doesn't stray too far from Diablo 2 (which i loved). I haven't seen the beta or anything yet.

Just wondering, is it more CPU or graphics card intensive? I have a 2.4ghz dual core processor, and a ATI HD 4850 graphics card - and wondering which i should upgrade to be able to play it at a decent level?
    Ty!
    I do not know much about the ati cards, but I would suggest you get the nvidia gtx 460. Now if your current ATI card is equivalent to the suggested nvidia card, then you should be more than fine.

Also there are many many changes. Diablo III is not going to feel 100% diablo! If you want a game that you can play now for 6 quid (pre-release beta) check out Path of Exile. Now that is a modern Diablo game! dark, secretive and feels soooo gloomy and evil. It really is amazing
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now that I've actually got my exam timetable I've got this pre-ordered, really fortunate this year and I'm looking forward to recieving my copy.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cheers!
    I've been advised to get a gtx 550 after initially considering a 7750, although I want to do more than merely Diablo III.

http://www.ukgamingcomputers.co.uk/b...-pc-p-148.html

This pre-build has a 6570 as a default option and claims to run World of Warcraft smoothly so hopefully a 6770 should actually run Diablo III smoothly.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    So anyone know what there first class will be? I'm leaning towards monk as I want to play something a little different from the usual caster classes that I normally pick. I like the look of the witch doctor, but I think it's going to be overly popular due to the pets.
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecokid)
    So anyone know what there first class will be? I'm leaning towards monk as I want to play something a little different from the usual caster classes that I normally pick. I like the look of the witch doctor, but I think it's going to be overly popular due to the pets.
    Barbarian.

It's the only class to be.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Barbarian.

It's the only class to be.
    Seconded. My favourite D2 character by far, got to carry on with him!
    • 160 followers

ReputationRep:
    Good news for those who want to give the game a try, but didn't get into the closed beta - Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Download it now
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Good news for those who want to give the game a try, but didn't get into the closed beta - Diablo III Open Beta Weekend

Download it now
    I actually love you!

Excellent way to test whether my limited spec can handle this, or whether I actually need the upgrade that I think I might.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just booked in for this tattoo :

[IMAGE]143307[/IMAGE]
    Attached Thumbnails
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book-of-cain.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	143307  
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    So:

May I assume that no-one else has debuted their Mark of Valor for public scrutiny?
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lozzaa)
    I just booked in for this tattoo :

[IMAGE]143307[/IMAGE]
    Inks? Pfft. Clearly, cicatrisation is the only worthy homage.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)
    Inks? Pfft. Clearly, cicatrisation is the only worthy homage.
    I should have got Deckard Cain. Then whenever I get a girl back I could be all like "Stay a while..."

That's real homage.
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    I should have got Deckard Cain. Then whenever I get a girl back I could be all like "Stay a while..."

That's real homage.

I dare you.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Profesh)

I dare you.
    Yeah with the whole girl think I was thinking more "Stay a while... and perform acts of fellatio on me" as opposed to "listen".
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    The digital download price is £44.99, will the in-store prices be the same when it's released?
    Also with the download, can you download the client before 15th May - as i have slow download speeds!
    • 23 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah with the whole girl think I was thinking more "Stay a while... and perform acts of fellatio on me" as opposed to "listen".
    Good luck trying to fit all of that! (Would most likely be her response; but then I suppose 'hardcore' isn't for everyone.)
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    The digital download price is £44.99, will the in-store prices be the same when it's released?
    Also with the download, can you download the client before 15th May - as i have slow download speeds!
    The client download has been available since March 15th. You can't install the game yet but you can download all the game files.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Essay I wrote very quickly on skype to explain to a mate the general story from 1 and 2. It's probably got massive loopholes and stuff and bear in mind I was like 12 when I played through diablo 2 and 1. Anyway, here it is:

The Story starts (or does it - I guess something that has been occuring eternally has no time of inception) with the Eternal Conflict between the High Heavens and The Burning Hells. The High Heavens are preceded over by 5 Arch-Angels on some council of which Tyrael is a member (he bears a big role in the development of the story later on and so deserves a description). Tyrael is, at this stage, the Arch-Angel of Justice and is pretty rigid regarding right and wrong. He is still a pretty cool dude however and is almost peerless in combat aside from a few of the higher evils and the Arch-Angel of Valor (Imperius or some ****).

So anyway, the denizens of the High Heavens and Burning Hells are battling as usual until one day a renegade Angel, Inarius, who also happens to be Tyrael's brother, was like "sup' guys lets not be doing this **** no-more and just live peacefully". So off Inarius went with some other Angels and Demons and created Sanctuary (which is where the story takes place and is the "mortal" world). He chilled there for a bit but in creating Sanctuary he also created the World Stone (this big crystal with the power of creation and stuff like that). He used the worldstone to conceal sanctuary from both the heavens and hell and Inarius and his hippy angels and demons had loads of Offspring known as the Nephalem. They turned out to be like hybrid Angel-Demons and were more powerful than either Angel or Demon.

Anyhow, time passed and these regenade Angels and Demons chilling in Sanctuary were starting to get bored and have ideas of their own. Inarius wanted to control his Nephalem and so warped the worldstone to weaken them. Over time, the Nephalem became mortals (humans) and this is why humans have the capacity for both good and evil (their angelic and demonic roots). Inarius' lover (some demon queen) wanted to kill everyone else on sanctuary except herself and Inarius and **** went down.

This all attracted the attention of the three Prime Evils (of which Diablo is one) and they were like "sup homies (to the Nephalem) you should join us". This obviously pissed Inarius off and a war ensued until one Nephalem, Uldyssian, began to unlock his true power and basically kicked the **** out everyone and restored order to Sanctuary. In so doing however, he sacrificed himself and never reached the godlike status he could have easily gotten. The High Heavens at this point became aware of Sanctuary and the self-sacrifice of Uldyssian changed Tyrael's outlook on everything and he became very attached to mortals and less anally-retentative. The High Heavens decided that Sanctuary should be allowed to remain and made a pact with mephisto (another of the trio of the prime evils) trading with them Inarius as a prisoner for him to leave the mortals alone.

Time passed and Sanctuary was all good until some of the lesser evils were like "why aren't we corrupting those mortals and unlocking their power to kick some Angel ass" and basically revolted against the Prime Evils, casting them to Sanctuary. They cause all kinds of **** and eventually Tyrael is the only Angel to intervene because he is just a bad ass mother****er like that. He gathers a group of super-strong Mages (the Horadrim) and from the essence of worldstone in Sanctuary crafts three soulstones with which to trap Baal, Mephisto and Diablo. Tyrael and his mages manage to trap Mephisto and Baal (Baal had be imprisoned within the leader of the Horadrim, a mage called Tal-Rasha) but Diablo escapes them.

This sets the scene for Diablo 1, where the protagonist you play basically is a Human who has some of his Nephalem power (which is why in Diablo every other human is gimp but you're some super badass barbarian or whatever). Diablo has basically been hiding near the town of Tristam and corrupts everyone there to basically get a big **** off army so he can go free his two brothers (Baal and Mephisto). You as the hero stop him and drive Diablo's soulstone into your head but in so doing Diablo actually ends up possesing you, which is a bit of a downer.

Diablo 2 thus follows the Dark Wanderer (who is the hero from the first game) from the narrative of the memories of the companion of said Dark Wanderer (who at the time wasn't aware that this was in fact Diablo). The companion believes he is talking to Tyrael and is continually asking for forgiveness. He explains the Dark Wanderer is derping around Sanctuary looking for his brothers in order to free them and stuff. He (the narrator dude) tells of how he followed the Dark Wanderer into the tomb of Tal'Rasha and sees Tal'Rasha fighting with the spirit of Baal inside him. Diablo is basically about to release Baal until out of know where Tyrael shows up and is like "FREEZE FBI" and stops Diablo in his tracks. Baal tricks the narrator and through the tormented Tal'Rasha tells him to release him of his agony, which he does. This pisses of Tyrael (who at this stage is beating on Diablo) and Tyrael is all like "what have you done omg wtf" and tells the Narrator to take the soulstone and go East and go into Hell itself, to the Hellforge there, to destroy it. The narrator recalls that he did in fact travel East with the Dark Wanderer (who he still doesn't realise is Diablo but has noticed him becoming more and more Demonic looking) to where Mephisto is trapped inside his soulstone. The Dark Wanderer frees Mephisto and in so doing reveals his true form. The narrator recalls how he ****s himself at this stage and does not follow Diablo and Mephisto through the gates of Hell. Fortunately however the protagonist of Diablo 2 (the hero you play) catches up with Mephisto and Diablo and kills them both and destroys the soulstones.

The ending of Diablo 2 ends with the narrator begging (who he believes is) Tyrael for forgiveness and explaining to Tyrael that he has the last remaining soulstone (the one he got from Tal'rasha). The hooded character the narrator believes is Tyrael now reveals that he is Baal, and is all like "sup, bitch, i'll have my soulstone back" and this twist sets in motion the expansion, Diablo 2: The Lord of Destruction (which is Baal).

The expansion is pretty simple in that it's you following Baal to Mount Arreat (where the worldstone is) as he wants to take its power. At the Worldstone Summit Baal is defeated and Tyrael shows up to cast his sword into the WorldStone (as he claims it has become too corrupted from Baal), destroying it (or so it appears). The other Angels are pretty pissed off at Tyrael (mainly because he keeps intervening on behalf of the mortals against their wishes) and because he destroyed the worldstone.

Diablo 3 will focus around :

- What happened to Tyrael after he destroyed the worldstone
    - The other Angels being pissed off with Tyrael
    - The other evils in hell (the ones who kicked out the three prime evils).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: October 27, 2012
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.