The Student Room Group

Lush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by rainbow drops
Mask of Magnaminty is my favourite face mask ever. I like the bath bombs and bubble bars, too, but I always go back to MoM. It makes my skin feel so clean and amazing :smile:

Snow Fairy shower gel is my other favourite. The smell is gorgeous.

Did you buy the snow fairy lip tint at xmas? It rocks!
Original post by Lyde
We always wanted them to bring out a comforter fragrance with the other gorilla perfumes. E-mail them loads because the more people ask for things/new products the more likely they are to develop them :smile:

That would be amazing! I don't like any of the current gorilla perfume scents :frown: they're the only Lush range I've been properly disappointed by. They're too strong and smell a bit... odd :s-smilie: I'm not really sure how to describe why I don't like the smell of them, but they're definitely not perfumes I'd wear.

& yes, I did buy the Snow Fairy lip tint :biggrin: I'm trying to use it sparingly so it lasts as long as possible!

Original post by Lyde
Try again next year, I know they have ridiculous amounts of applicants each xmas, so its no reflection on you, I promise :smile:

Haha I will do! And that's good to know! :P
too expensive
Reply 24
I really do like Lush, and I used to buy stuff them all the time, but now I can't really justify the price. Especially when you consider the expiry dates on many of the products - Natural ingredients are great, but yeah, sometimes I like products to go further.

However, I adore their Angels On Bare Skin cleanser. It's great for my skin, though when my current pot runs out I'm trying something else, because I don't have a Lush near me so have to order online and pay £4 delivery for something that cost £6.
Reply 25
First male in the thread? Awkward :K:

I tend to buy for my girlfriend at birthdays/christmas as she loves most of the products - got to admit the shop does smell quite good :holmes:
Reply 26
Original post by Lyde
You have to approach and speak to everyone, so there is no hiding, you have to be confident and ready for people not to want to talk to you!

I always wondered if Lush get their staff to approach customers, thanks for the insight :smile:

When I was in the Covent Garden branch, I got really irritated with different staff approaching me all the time - If I need help I'll ask! :s-smilie:
Ahhh it smells so good :tongue:

And their stuff is amazing....i love that the soap is in MASSIVE blocks in the shop, i swear i'll buy one someday :wink:

One thing i would say....the shop assistants are SOOOO in your face there! It's nice that they want to help but they come up to you and shove something unidentified in your face screaming 'SMELL THIS ISN'T IT AMAZING???? SAY YES OR DIE'

One guy told me to taste a face mask :lolwut:

That said....they're really helpful and nicer than most shop assistants! And the products are gorgeous! So thumbs up :biggrin: xx
Reply 28
Original post by piano_penguin
Ahhh it smells so good :tongue:

And their stuff is amazing....i love that the soap is in MASSIVE blocks in the shop, i swear i'll buy one someday :wink:

One thing i would say....the shop assistants are SOOOO in your face there! It's nice that they want to help but they come up to you and shove something unidentified in your face screaming 'SMELL THIS ISN'T IT AMAZING???? SAY YES OR DIE'

One guy told me to taste a face mask :lolwut:

That said....they're really helpful and nicer than most shop assistants! And the products are gorgeous! So thumbs up :biggrin: xx

Yeah, the staff have to approach everyone or you won't have a job for very long! That said, there are different ways of doing it, I wasn't an in-your-face type, and generally just approached people to talk about whatever they were looking at/suggest other things they might like. I found the approaching people thing the hardest part of the job, tbh.
Original post by Lyde
Yeah, the staff have to approach everyone or you won't have a job for very long! That said, there are different ways of doing it, I wasn't an in-your-face type, and generally just approached people to talk about whatever they were looking at/suggest other things they might like. I found the approaching people thing the hardest part of the job, tbh.

I had an interview and then a trial shift, and I didn't get the job because I wasn't confident enough :colondollar: :sad:
Ooh, and I use caca rouge (red henna) to dye my hair, and also Karma shampoo, mainly because my mum likes it because it doesn't irritate her sensitive skin, and I use it because it's in the bathroom and it's lovely :colondollar: :biggrin:
Original post by Amwazicles

Ooh, and I use caca rouge (red henna) to dye my hair, and also Karma shampoo, mainly because my mum likes it because it doesn't irritate her sensitive skin, and I use it because it's in the bathroom and it's lovely :colondollar: :biggrin:

Is the hair dye any good? I'd like to try it but I want to know it works first! :smile:
Original post by remiquaver
Is the hair dye any good? I'd like to try it but I want to know it works first! :smile:

Yeah it's really nice. The final colour depends on your starting colour (mine was middlish brown and came out a lovely copper), but it's great for your hair, makes it super silky and smooth. Mine used to be frizzy and manky, but now it's just perfectly loosened the waves so they are shiny swirls. :biggrin: It's tricky to use (I had some minor disasters the first time), but if you have either a) someone to help, or b) lots of time, newspaper and towels you don't mind ruining, then it's OK, and quite fun once you get into it.

I highly recommend it, and I don't even work for Lush! :tongue: :yep:

Ask me anymore questions if you want, I expect I have missed things. :smile:
I love:

Herbalism face wash
Vanishing Cream moisturiser - so soft!!
Love Lettuce face mask
and this pink soap that's to prevent oily skin and help repair or something - I don't remember what it's called.

Also, bought the Snowman gift set for a colleague - lovely smelling stuff!

I also love the fact that you can get loads of trial sized pieces :yy:

Yeah it's really nice. The final colour depends on your starting colour (mine was middlish brown and came out a lovely copper), but it's great for your hair, makes it super silky and smooth. Mine used to be frizzy and manky, but now it's just perfectly loosened the waves so they are shiny swirls. :biggrin: It's tricky to use (I had some minor disasters the first time), but if you have either a) someone to help, or b) lots of time, newspaper and towels you don't mind ruining, then it's OK, and quite fun once you get into it.

I highly recommend it, and I don't even work for Lush! :tongue: :yep:

Ask me anymore questions if you want, I expect I have missed things. :smile:

Thanks for the info! :smile: I think I might have to invest! It sounds like a challenge but I'm totally up for it, especially if your hair's quality improves! :smile: Paha maybe you should! :P And thanks!
Original post by remiquaver
Thanks for the info! :smile: I think I might have to invest! It sounds like a challenge but I'm totally up for it, especially if your hair's quality improves! :smile: Paha maybe you should! :P And thanks!

No worries :h: It is great fun, and I feel so much more confident (cheesy as it sounds), the combination of nicer/more manageable hair, a stand-out colour, plus the general self-pampering aspect required to actually do it, far as I'm concerned everyone should henna their hair :tongue: Haha, well they rejected me when I had an interview :tongue: No problem :biggrin:
Reply 36
I never really got "into" Lush as it always seemed to be full of massive blocks of solid soap and shampoo etc which I am not so keen on, but a couple of my friends really love it and were constantly buying me stuff from there for birthdays etc. Was also put off when one of the massive bath bombs with loads of leaves and bits in it really clogged up my plug which was a bit of a PITA... kind of ruins the relaxing effect when you then have to start a major declogging action after your bath, but the stuff does smell good. I might try some new stuff in more standard formats and see what it is like. Personally though I prefer the Body Shop I have to admit!
Reply 37
Original post by charcharchar
I love the smell of the shop, it stays on my skin foreveeer :biggrin:.. the shampoo bars rule! :biggrin: also, perfect gifts for mums when you're not so sure what to buy them :wink:

i thought that, and it turns out my mum is a wierdo who is allergic to natural scents and not synthetic ones :mmm: wont be making that mistake again! more luch for me, i suppose :biggrin:
I have the skindrink moisturiser and it doesn't have a pleasant smell (sort of like nuts), but it's so rich and moisturising! I love the Ocean Salt facial scrub they do too.
Are you employed by Lush, by any chance? :curious: :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest