The Student Room Group

Lush

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by remiquaver
Oh wow I love the adding lemon juice bit! Does it turn out really red? I don't want ginger hair (not that I have any problem with ginger, I just don't think it's for me! :tongue:)

It goes a lighter red, I wouldn't do it on my fair hair as it would go really bright, but on dark hair it gives it an extra kick!
I'm going to put lemon juice in mine next time I do it. Probably some time this week or the weekend, seeing as it seems to be dulling a bit since the last time, although it was only around 4 weeks ago. :redface:
Thank you for the tips, I really appreciate them :smile:. The sympathy for the skin body lotion looks amazing and I'm just reading through the rest of them now! I'm more liking Lush for their skincare range than their bath stuff (mainly because I'm not one to take long baths and use anything fancy), that's why I've not really gone in there until now. I will ask about toners and cleansers as well.
Thank you:smile:! From looking I am definitely considering Celestial and Sympathy for the skin, I'll get some more if I can but that depends on the cost. I'll ask about toners/cleansers as well.

It's strange, I never thought about Lush for skincare products but I'm really liking the Skin Drink moisturiser I have and the facial scrub. I can never find moisturisers as good from other shops.
thread BOOOOMMM
*chucks blackberry bath bomb in thread*
Original post by peach.plum.pear
awww yeah thats the name! I had a bath with that like after a hard day of just writing assignments it was sooo omg :sexface: i finished my creamy candy a little while ago so i deffo need to pop back and stock up! i bought my sister a whole bunch of bath stuff from there for xmas, the cupboard i hid her present in smelt amaziiiiiing :O ive been having a browse on their website ever since i saw this thread and im just like making a list of everything i need to check out next time i go haha :tongue:

hahaha I do that too. it's dangerous; I need to ban myself from the website.
Also, Dexter/Michael C Hall :sexface: now that is someone I wouldn't mind taking a bath with... :sogood:

Original post by Lyde
It goes a lighter red, I wouldn't do it on my fair hair as it would go really bright, but on dark hair it gives it an extra kick!

Oooh nice! xD well thanks to this thread, I'm watching all the videos of the bath bombs and stuff! I love it! :smile:
Reply 67
I have tried most of them, i'm using up the last of the ultra cleanse and sea salt scrub. I have combination and spotty skin. Seriously though, nothing works so im not worried or fussed.
I've had my eye on this for ages but I just haven't got round to it yet. I guess it's my subconcious trying to be sensible, I have soft smooth skin already but still spend ludicrous amounts on making it EVEN SOFTER! but that just seems an odd product.

Also, I used Dream Cream for a while, went back to random cheap conditioners having run out and today I bought Retread, what are your thoughts on that?
Yes, I don't really wear many face masks, I agree with you that they're a short term solutions. I like them as a treat but it probably wouldn't warrant me buying a pot of it, as I wouldn't get much use out of it.

I prefer a more regular routine of cleansing/toning/moisturising to get my skin looking ok, so I'll look for some cleansers and toners in Lush tomorrow :smile:.
Reply 70
I'm using the yellow cleanser atm, I've used the rose toner in the past, I have the spot treatment which is useless and the exfoliating sea salt which I use maybe twice a week to get rid of the dry bits but not too often to stimulate the grease bits. I use Witch do antibacterial tinted moisturiser or if my skin is super bad just a little aqueous cream.
Their moisturisers are so good. Although the cost seems a lot at the time, they last so long as you need to use so little. I did try one of their shampoos but sadly found it to be crappy...no idea why :s-smilie:
This one

I found that it did not clean my hair that well and irritated my scalp at the same time :frown:
Reply 73
Like i said, none of it works and i'm not particularly inclined to spend what they charge of products that don't work. Its the ultra clean cleanser, yellow, consistency of wax and smells of honey.
Reply 74
Original post by No Future
Maybe there are some good products but I am put off Lush since:

- the smell is so overpowering
- the staff won't let you just browse
- things expire too quickly for me to use them
- not convinced the quality justifies the prices. Wasn't wowed by the products

Having said that, I am curious about the massage bars...what are they like?

Totally agree with everything you said.

And even though the solid stuff doesn't go "off" as such, it does lose it's smell after a certain time.

The massage bars are OK, I like the 'Fever' one.

But I do like Lush for many reasons, however their choice of charities that they choose to support can be bizarre at times...
(edited 12 years ago)
yeah i guess it depends, i get migraines easily so i doubt i could work there.. :smile:
I'd like something quite sweet or citrusy, but i wouldn't really want to smell like the product afterwards so that it interferes with my perfume :s-smilie: Does the fragrance stay for very long?
Reply 76
The HSA, I am not pro-hunting but have personal experience of this association's pretty stupid tactics and don't think it's right for a high street cosmetics company to fund them.
Don't like lush anymore as when I went in with my younger sister to buy christmas presents, the guy at the checkout (even though there was only one other in the Que.) couldn't wait to get rid of us fast enough. He also refused to put the bath bomb in a "christmas" bag opting for the green and yellow, then rooted under the desk for a generic lush bag to give rather than the christmas ones right behind him! And it turns out he was the owner of Lush!
Reply 78
I LOVE lush, I go in there just to smell the smell.

One thing I was wondering recently though- I was looking at the Marilyn hair conditioner/treatment- it says that it makes your hair more blonde. Has anyone used it? And did it work? It says you have to use quite a lot (and I have really long hair) so I'm not sure how worth it it would be for the money. I used to have highlights underneath my hair (so my hair is light brown fading into more blonde at the bottom) but highlights are so expensive anyway. I want it to just lift the blonde colour of my hair a bit.
Reply 79
Throwing stuff at horses and dogs (and they claim to be animal lovers), shouting and swearing with young kids around and generally behaving like total arses at a drag hunt (which are legal!)

Quick Reply

Latest