The Student Room Group

Can someone advise me whether I should bother with another choice?

Basically I did my A-Levels last summer, got BBC didnt get my firm or insurance and took a course in clearing. The course wasn't what I wanted to be doing so I left.

Ive re-applied through UCAS for English at a University. I rang the Course Director a few months ago to ask if he could guarantee me a place as the course asks for BBC or 280 points. I have BBC plus a music exam that brings me to 360 points. The course director said on the phone although he couldnt guarantee me a place over the phone, he could say im 99% certain.

So I have that choice down on my UCAS now and its been sent to the uni. Now though my parents have been telling me, "shouldnt you put down another choice" just to be absolutely sure.

Now I dunno whether to bother. Its another 11 quid for no reason to a uni in England or whatever that I dont wanna go to and am probably 99% never gonna need to think about (I live in Northern Ireland). Is there any reason the uni that ive applied to would reject me when ive A: spoken to the course director B: Have a good reference and personal statement C: More than meet the requirments D: Have my grades now so its not like im waiting on results?

Thanks.
IMHO, it's worth it - it's only £11, and it will give you more peace of mind, and options should you not get an offer.
Reply 2
bump

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending