Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What style and trends DO you like?

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    With there being lots of trend-hating threads and clothes-that-annoy-you threads I thought it would be nice to have a positive one!

So what is your favourite style - what do you like to see guys and girls wearing, or what are the trends that you DO actually like?!

It's quite funny how fashion rarely correlates with what guys find attractive haha. I know so many that HATE wedges, but girls love them, me included! I shall wear them anyway.
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well personally I hate wedges and heels!

Edit: Why all the negs? :erm:
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Jeans are eternal.

The normal types.

Not the ridiculously skinny tight ones. Not the ones with lots of trampish cuts and holes in them. Not the ones with lots of pockets of varying sizes. Not the overly baggy ones. Not the ones with some atrocious writing down the sides.

Just normal looking jeans

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugoDuchovny)

Jeans are eternal.

The normal types.

Not the ridiculously skinny tight ones. Not the ones with lots of trampish cuts and holes in them. Not the ones with lots of pockets of varying sizes. Not the overly baggy ones. Not the ones with some atrocious writing down the sides.

Plain Jeans.
    Something that is SO hard to find these days..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    There's a lot of hate for Crocs around but I love my pair for comfort reasons!

(Original post by x-Sophie-x)
    Well personally I hate wedges and heels!
    The point of this thread. You missed it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like chinos. Granted I hate the look of them rolled up with a super tight vest and vans.. But with a nice polo and some nice brown shoes it is a good look imo!
    • 15 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F Ellen)
    There's a lot of hate for Crocs around but I love my pair for comfort reasons!

The point of this thread. You missed it.
    True. Sorry.

Well.. jeans, bodycon skirts, and just plain vest tops, or long shirts..And dresses and shorts in summer.

I hatee leggings, cos most people wear them as jeggings. And in terms of shoes.. pumps suit me fine!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HugoDuchovny)
    Also these I don't like:
    Hugo you're in the wrong thread, lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I like:

High tops, chinos, jeans, joggers, shoulder pads, elbows patches, thick winter jumpers, plain hoodies.

Brands I like:

Vans, Converse, Lyle and Scott, Abercrombie, Superdry, Nike.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^you didnt even come up with that joke.

Anyways I like bodycon skirts, skimmers, turban headbands, satchels, crop tops, off the shoulder tops, cardigans, lacey stuff
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophie_girl)
    With there being lots of trend-hating threads and clothes-that-annoy-you threads I thought it would be nice to have a positive one!

So what is your favourite style - what do you like to see guys and girls wearing, or what are the trends that you DO actually like?!

It's quite funny how fashion rarely correlates with what guys find attractive haha. I know so many that HATE wedges, but girls love them, me included! I shall wear them anyway.

There's a huge difference between trends and styles. What's fashionable and what's stylish is very rarely the same thing.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    There's a huge difference between trends and styles. What's fashionable and what's stylish is very rarely the same thing.
    Maaaaate which is why I said what is your favourite style OR what are the trends that you do like?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I like lacey things, cardigans, brogues, nice cambridge satchels, maxi skirts (I know some dislike them, but I am quite tall so they look ok on me, I especially like plain black ones as they're easier to wear). I also like nice tea dresses with black tights, oversized plain jumpers, dainty jewellery etc etc.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Maaaaate which is why I said what is your favourite style OR what are the trends that you do like?
    I don't like any trends really, the majority are poorly conceived and offer a narrow range of possibilities. I like classic styles and combinations, sartorial honesty, and prefer to follow guidelines such as the style pyramid, the 10% rule and the law of adjacent formalities.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I don't like any trends really, the majority are poorly conceived and offer a narrow range of possibilities. I like classic styles and combinations, sartorial honesty, and prefer to follow guidelines such as the style pyramid, the 10% rule and the law of adjacent formalities.
    I bet you're fun at parties.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I bet you're fun at parties.
    I am, yes. We always play hide and seek, and I get to go first.
    They don't seem to try very hard to find me though
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a jacket/hoodie that's navy blue with a fluffy lining... I lvoe it so much
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I like blazers, my Cambridge satchel, skater skirts/dresses (really flattering), button-down shirts and knitted tights. I'm very picky when it comes to shoes, but I love my brogues and Converse.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    In terms of styles, love love Kate Middleton. It's classic and elegant, and not slutty (because she is a Duchess) but stylish too
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This is a nice thread. ^_^

I like anything that's a bit gothic. I like opulent-looking fabrics like velvet, lace, brocade and jacquard and my favourite colours are jewel tones as I'm quite pale. Trend-wise, I like all the ponyskin leather that's around just now and I love dalmatian prints. Ohh and tights! Patterned tights are awesome.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 1, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.