The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Nursing at De Montfort Sep 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hello has anyone got an adult nursing interview feb 27th? jw if anybody had any tips:smile:
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by coolclar

Hello!
Anyone have an interview on 27 Feb at DMU? :smile:

Hello, yeah I have! What times yours x
Original post by ChocButton
Well I tried to do it on Direct.gov but it said because im entitled to NHS bursary I cant apply for that or something, kinda confusing! But I'm guessing it will explain more when I get a letter through. How did you do the loan bit Auralia? Is it Adult Nursing you will be studying?

Have a read of this thread.
Reply 43
Well I tried to do it on Direct.gov but it said because im entitled to NHS bursary I cant apply for that or something, kinda confusing! But I'm guessing it will explain more when I get a letter through. How did you do the loan bit Auralia? Is it Adult Nursing you will be studying?

yer its adult nursing - you should be able to apply for a loan - i did it through the direct gov website to be honest the letter from dmu didnt really go into detail about that stuff, i went onto the student finance website and went onto apply 2012, filled in all the details - one isnt able to get a tuition fee loan as the nhs pays for that and that comes much later, but you should still get the minimum maintence loan its £2324 (thats off the top of my head so i maybe slighlty out), then they were a little confusing because orriginally they were asking for evidence for me to send from nhs bursary people which obviously i dont have yet so i left it a week or so and then they'd clearly changed there minds beacuse it said they were sending me a declaration for me to sign and it was all sorted.
Reply 44
Original post by xxAuraliaxx
yer its adult nursing - you should be able to apply for a loan - i did it through the direct gov website to be honest the letter from dmu didnt really go into detail about that stuff, i went onto the student finance website and went onto apply 2012, filled in all the details - one isnt able to get a tuition fee loan as the nhs pays for that and that comes much later, but you should still get the minimum maintence loan its £2324 (thats off the top of my head so i maybe slighlty out), then they were a little confusing because orriginally they were asking for evidence for me to send from nhs bursary people which obviously i dont have yet so i left it a week or so and then they'd clearly changed there minds beacuse it said they were sending me a declaration for me to sign and it was all sorted.

Hey,

I managed to do it in the end! I realised that i was ticking the box that said it wasnt an income based bursary, when really it is income assessed.
So thats another thing sorted :smile: I just need to consentrate on getting the grades now :smile:
Reply 45
Hey,

I managed to do it in the end! I realised that i was ticking the box that said it wasnt an income based bursary, when really it is income assessed.
So thats another thing sorted :smile: I just need to consentrate on getting the grades now :smile:

Glad you sorted it out, i reakly is a great feeling to start ticking things off the massive lists we have.

Good luck im sure you'll do well .... what course are you taking?
Reply 46
Original post by xxAuraliaxx
Glad you sorted it out, i reakly is a great feeling to start ticking things off the massive lists we have.

Good luck im sure you'll do well .... what course are you taking?

I'm doing access to nursing at Loughborough College, are you currently studying, if so what??
Reply 47
I'm doing access to nursing at Loughborough College, are you currently studying, if so what??

That good, one my collegues is going to start the access to nursing in september.

I'm not currently studying (have been away from education for about 2 and a half years), I did done A-levels before my break - pyschology, sociology, and biology.
Reply 48
Has anyone offered a place at DMU to study Mental Health nursing in Sept 2012?
Reply 49
Original post by prince7

Has anyone had all there mental health nursing interviews yet? I've got one for Cardiff on the 15th of Feb.. I'm so nervous as this is where I really want to go! I've already had an offer from Keele an interview for Leeds. I hate the waiting! HELP! :frown: xx
Reply 50
Original post by Berny:)
Hello, yeah I have! What times yours x

Mine is at 1pm. How about yours? Oh, how did you confirm your interview? :smile: xx
Original post by clareeyy

There are no tests, well there werent any on my interview day.

literally i got to the uni and found the building, and then everyone sat in the room and you went to one person who checked your documents/took the photocopies you take with you for your CRB check. Then you go to the next person who checks through your a levels/gcses and makes sure you have enough predicted points.

then you get a scenario to read through and you sit there. i'd encourage you to talk to other people around you, helps with the nerves (i was really nervous)

and its a one on one interview and they ask you about the scenario you were given, like what you notice about it and what you would do etc.

then they questioned me on what roles i thought a nurse would perform, how a nurse might act. and they asked me a little bit about my a levels. i'd also ask the people who are interviewing you some questions at the end, to show you really are interested in the course i.e what sort of settings the placements are in

the people are really lovely there.

Hope i helped, and good luck!!!

Thanks for the info and tips, i am really nervous too! :smile:
Reply 52
Was the interview day hard? I'm nervous :frown:
Reply 53
Was the interview day hard? I'm nervous :frown:

Don't be too nervous. I was MEGA nervous before mine and it was my first interview so i was even more nervous!!!
the day wasnt heard tbh, the day started at 9 and i was out at about half 12 and there were only a few people who were being interviewed after me.

the main thing they are looking for (i think) is what you say about the scenario you get handed (everyone in the interview group gets the same one) you have to talk about it, just talk about whatever you think is important however small you think it is. Also dont just talk about the illness, if there is one, there should be other things like the person doesn't like going to hospital for treatments or something so you could talk about how they could be referred to a GP because its less intimidating or a community nurse could go and see them regularly.

but dont worry, you'll be fine, just take a deep breath before you go in for your interview. and ask questions at the end of it, to show that you're interested in the course.

and it helped me to talk to other people when i was sitting in the room waiting to be called for an interview.

:biggrin: good luck
Reply 54
Don't be too nervous. I was MEGA nervous before mine and it was my first interview so i was even more nervous!!!
the day wasnt heard tbh, the day started at 9 and i was out at about half 12 and there were only a few people who were being interviewed after me.

the main thing they are looking for (i think) is what you say about the scenario you get handed (everyone in the interview group gets the same one) you have to talk about it, just talk about whatever you think is important however small you think it is. Also dont just talk about the illness, if there is one, there should be other things like the person doesn't like going to hospital for treatments or something so you could talk about how they could be referred to a GP because its less intimidating or a community nurse could go and see them regularly.

but dont worry, you'll be fine, just take a deep breath before you go in for your interview. and ask questions at the end of it, to show that you're interested in the course.

and it helped me to talk to other people when i was sitting in the room waiting to be called for an interview.

:biggrin: good luck

Thank you for the advice! Really helped! So there weren't any group interviews? How long did you hear from them and will de montfort uni be your firm?
:smile:
Reply 55
Anyone due to study Mental Health nursing in Sept 2012 at DMU?
Reply 56
ive got an conditional offer for sept for MH. Had my interview on the 6th and found out a day later
Reply 57
Thank you for the advice! Really helped! So there weren't any group interviews? How long did you hear from them and will de montfort uni be your firm?
:smile:

No group interviews!! And I heard from them in 2 days! And I'm not sure if its going to be my firm, I haven't had any other interviews, but if it isn't my firm I'm pretty sure it will be my back up.
I had my interview on the 6th! It was nothing like I expected, and I honestly thought I had naffed up my chances of a place as soon as I stepped foot into the room! I have been given a conditional for Adult Nursing- and already firmed my place, can't wait to start September this year!! :smile:
Reply 59
Original post by hannah-bethaney
I had my interview on the 6th! It was nothing like I expected, and I honestly thought I had naffed up my chances of a place as soon as I stepped foot into the room! I have been given a conditional for Adult Nursing- and already firmed my place, can't wait to start September this year!! :smile:

Congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending