The Student Room Group

Is it worth staying up all night for Biology exam tomorrow?

Hi,
I'm so scared - I have revised(-ish) but the information isn't in my mind yet... I may have time for that tonight but I haven't done a SINGLE past paper! So I thought it would be good for me to pull an all-nighter and do past-papers. What do you think? (If it helps I don't get much sleeps on normal days anyways)
Also, the exam tomorrow is in the morning, and so unlikely that I will be that tired. What should I do?
Thanks for any replies

Bonus Question:
Anyone know how to explain how active transport/co-transport in the small intestine works? The way they explain it in the textbook is rubbish...
Reply 1
Stay up till midnight max and GET OFF TSR NOW.

Oh wait, I should probably do that too *Signs out*.
Reply 2
You won't retain anything - better get to sleep.

source: neuroscience research and student ancedotes
Reply 3
Get off TSR and go to sleep now, get up 2 hours before you normally would and cram then as your brain functions better in the morning (don't know where I heard that from)
Reply 4
NO. You'll be better of getting a good night sleep on doing so last minute reading on your way to your exam.
You probably will be tired, to the point where you will not be able to concentrate at all and may fall asleep in the exam. Silence + sitting with a table in front of you + sleep deprivation = I'll just rest my eyes for a few minutes...
Get off TSR now. Revise until midnight max (a good 2 and a half hours left of revision to do 3 or so past papers) and get at least 7 hours sleep.
I wanna stay up all night, revise Biol until we see the sun.
I wanna stay up all night, and get an A and then revision's done!

One Direction - Up all night.
No it's really not worth it. Only stay up all night if doing an essay and even then, make sure you have a clue what you're talking about and know the majority of what you have to do.
Staying up all night will mean that when you get to the exam room your mind will go blank and forget even the simplest of things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending