Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Announcements Posted on
Are you at uni? Can you help prospective students with their questions? We're looking for uni forum assistants 19-11-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone here know more about the characteristics of the course? I'm talking about things like number of weekly contact hours per module, the way modules are assessed... The JBS website is tremendously vague about all of that.. unless I'm missing something.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, is there anyone else still waiting at the department stage now, or is it time for me to lose all hope? I received an email (finally) a couple of days ago which basically stated that this is the final holding group, which I take to mean the last ones to pick from before the blanket rejectione come out. Just out of interest, has anyone's application been unsuccessful yet?

Good luck guys and congratulations to all those who got their offers through!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanshen)
    So, is there anyone else still waiting at the department stage now, or is it time for me to lose all hope? I received an email (finally) a couple of days ago which basically stated that this is the final holding group, which I take to mean the last ones to pick from before the blanket rejectione come out. Just out of interest, has anyone's application been unsuccessful yet?

Really? You got an email? I've gotten nothing so far and am still at 'under consideration by dept'. I applied very late tho, Jan 30 orso.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, hopefully you'll make it in!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Best of luck, hopefully you'll make it in!
    Seriously appreciated mate.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:

There's a rejection on GradCafe from Feb.
    Hope you make it in - so that it makes all this pain worthwhile!!!!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    amazing. simply amazing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by boysdontcryy)
    amazing. simply amazing.
    You hear anything?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. That's what's amazing.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I laughed. If it's any consolation neither have I. Only 7 or so months now, perhaps 8 actually!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Same here, no news yet. Still at consideration by department.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the real hurdle right? I mean, it's basically BOGS after this isn't it (a stage 99% should pass without problems)?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporary)
    Same here, no news yet. Still at consideration by department.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is the real hurdle right? I mean, it's basically BOGS after this isn't it (a stage 99% should pass without problems)?
    Yeah, I think that's the general consensus. Being left this late however, does make college applications a little difficult.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    BOGs is essentially a gurantee for admission, provided that there is no inconsistency in the information you gave to Cambridge. It took me 5-6 weeks to pass the BOGS stage.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lalafell)
    BOGs is essentially a gurantee for admission, provided that there is no inconsistency in the information you gave to Cambridge. It took me 5-6 weeks to pass the BOGS stage.
    You got an offer from JBS for the MPhil Management program? If so, can you give some details as to when you applied and when you heard something?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finally got my official offer today

I applied a couple of weeks before the deadline (so early February) and went into BOGS stage about 5 weeks ago.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mt heart attack)
    Finally got my official offer today

I applied a couple of weeks before the deadline (so early February) and went into BOGS stage about 5 weeks ago.
    Congrats! That's great news .

That lowers my chances I'm afraid. Applied around the same date and still at 'consideration by department'.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporary)
    Congrats! That's great news .

That lowers my chances I'm afraid. Applied around the same date and still at 'consideration by department'.
    I applied in September/October, still heard nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I applied in September/October, still heard nothing. I wouldn't worry about it.
    Yea I don't think the date when one applied means that much..

Best of luck to both of you anyway, don't give up hope.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mt heart attack)
    Yea I don't think the date when one applied means that much..

Best of luck to both of you anyway, don't give up hope.
    Thanks! I will post the outcome the moment I hear something. Good or bad...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    They way it normally works is that strong candidates will be given offer first... the rest will be on wait-list...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2013
New on TSR

GCSE English mock revision

Revise together & check out past papers

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.