Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodsir)
    They way it normally works is that strong candidates will be given offer first... the rest will be on wait-list...
    [sarcasm_mode] Pfieuw! That's a relief! ;-) [/sarcasm_mode]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    my understanding is they send out mass acceptances on the 30th or so, right?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaaalieboy)
    my understanding is they send out mass acceptances on the 30th or so, right?
    What makes you think that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies.

Woot! Just came in today.

Has anyone ever heard of someone not being accepted after reaching this point? I'm seriously considering letting Imperial lapse for it

It looks like the board of graduate studies meets the 8th of May. Hopefully they'll approve my app by then. How long did it take for all of you to get to the final acceptance stage?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by findingsuede)
    Lol, we are in the exactly the same situation....
    How long did it take for your offer to come through? What was the date, if you dont mind me asking.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got into the BOGS stage as well... hoping to hear from them soon! I had written this one off quite a long time ago actually - it took them more than 5 months to get back to me. Oh well..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Still heard nothing here. Looks like I'll expect a rejection in the next few days. Bugger
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hanshen)
    Still heard nothing here. Looks like I'll expect a rejection in the next few days. Bugger
    Same here. Really disappointed I didn't hear anything yesterday.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hey everyone,
    same with me I have applied since late January! just to let you know I send and e-mail to ask about the status being stuck at" under consideration by the department" and they replyed that : "We have received an enormous number of applications for each of our
    programmes. Generally, Admissions Committees do not meet to consider them
    until February. Applications are then reviewed in the order in which they
    were received. A significant number may then be put into a holding batch,
    to be re-reviewed when all applications have been seen. As you will
    appreciate, this means some applicants may be waiting for some time. Because
    of this, you may not hear anything until April at the earliest, but please
    bear in mind that it could be later." today is public holiday in the uk???
    thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I've already been told I'm in the holding group. I suppose that means my odds are extremely low. I'm so disappointed.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    what do you mean you have already been told? it might not be a bad thing ..i mean its noot a rejection after all
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I received an email ages ago now telling me I was in a final holding group. Considering the total number of places given already on this forum alone, plus that clearly now the holding group itself has begun to receive offers, it is seeming increasingly unlikely I will be sent the offer I am looking for. Which is enormously disappointing, especially after an 8-9 month stressful wait.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Now with the BGS. Just updated.

Hopefully this will lead to an offer and not a rejection. Would be a bummer otherwise.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I received an email ages ago now telling me I was in a final holding group. Considering the total number of places given already on this forum alone, plus that clearly now the holding group itself has begun to receive offers, it is seeming increasingly unlikely I will be sent the offer I am looking for. Which is enormously disappointing, especially after an 8-9 month stressful wait.
    Try to think positively. The fact that you applied in the first place and also that you made it into the holding group probably means that you are extremely highly qualified. Even if it's not going to be Cambridge, you'll find that other universities offer quite similar courses of comparable quality at much lower cost (why not try Bath, St Andrews etc.?). Chin up! :-)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I don't suppose they look entirely at people's academic performance. Experiences you've made outside of your degree will count, as will the overall quality of your application.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Had a fair few of those too, from national level competitive sport to charity to... well a fair old bit really. Like I say, I really don't know what I could have done better. I have had scholarship offers for all my other offers, it's just frustrating that Cambridge seem to hate me.

At the end of the day it's their choice, it's just frustrating however, I really put a lot of heart into that application and was holding out on it.
    Do you actually have a rejection yet, or are you just assuming that because you haven't heard back yet while others have?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj27)
    Do you actually have a rejection yet, or are you just assuming that because you haven't heard back yet while others have?
    bingo. :P

[to the assumption]
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chaaalieboy)
    How long did it take for your offer to come through? What was the date, if you dont mind me asking.
    Sorry for the late reply. Was busy with exams and final year project...It took me 6 weeks to get an informal email from the program director to confirm place and another two weeks for a formal conditional offer. Don't worry, you are safe in this stage.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    bingo. :P

[to the assumption]
    Don't be upset man! School is just a symbol, keep the hard work and it will pay off one day. When you look back, the steps you took were more important than the places you have been to.

Cheer up, and you will achieve what you can achieve in Cambridge at another school!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Acceptance.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 8, 2013
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.