The Student Room Group

MPhil in Management Cambridge 2012-2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
"Application unsuccessful". Good luck to those that did get in!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 141
What offer conditions are people being offered? If any?
Reply 142
Original post by Hanshen
What offer conditions are people being offered? If any?

First-class undergraduate degree and proof of ability to pay for tuition and other expenses. English is not my first language, but apparently I don't need to provide any language test results - quite happy about that!
Reply 143
Original post by viggo
First-class undergraduate degree and proof of ability to pay for tuition and other expenses. English is not my first language, but apparently I don't need to provide any language test results - quite happy about that!

Thanks,

I wonder, how they expect people to prove their ability to pay?
Reply 144
Original post by Hanshen
Thanks,

I wonder, how they expect people to prove their ability to pay?

You just sign a financial undertaking form and upload it online. Did you get accepted?
Reply 145
Original post by Akkuz
You just sign a financial undertaking form and upload it online. Did you get accepted?

Not yet. Still waiting, hope if I do I can still stand a chance at college membership with one of my selected colleges. I don't want to be in a graduate only college, although I suppose it would be quite good either way.
Reply 146
Original post by Hanshen
Not yet. Still waiting, hope if I do I can still stand a chance at college membership with one of my selected colleges. I don't want to be in a graduate only college, although I suppose it would be quite good either way.

What are your choices?

There is probably little or no chance of getting into a Category A college now. Most if not all of us on the Cam. thread got rejected from our 1st choice colleges. I was extremely lucky to get Selwyn which was my 2nd choice. I got rejected from my 1st choice which was Trinity.
Reply 147
Original post by Akkuz
What are your choices?

There is probably little or no chance of getting into a Category A college now. Most if not all of us on the Cam. thread got rejected from our 1st choice colleges. I was extremely lucky to get Selwyn which was my 2nd choice. I got rejected from my 1st choice which was Trinity.

Yeah I know. I opted for Queens, and Darwin (it was my favourite of the Cat C colleges). Selwyn is lovely, I spent some time there a couple of years ago.
Reply 148
Original post by Hanshen
Yeah I know. I opted for Queens, and Darwin (it was my favourite of the Cat C colleges). Selwyn is lovely, I spent some time there a couple of years ago.

Most, if not all people have been rejected by Queen's. However there's probably a good chance of getting into Darwin.

At the end of the day college allocation is just a formality, seen as a lot of grads don't even end up getting college accommodation and most of the time is spent in department.

The hard part is getting the grades :tongue: Which is driving me looney at the moment.
Reply 149
Is anyone here planning to live off campus for the year? I don't really know how likely it is to be allocated on-campus accommodation, and to be honest I've had my fair share of university housing over the past three years. In the end I'd probably decide based on the relative cost - if the only way to go off campus is a 12-month rental that would probably be rather expensive.
Reply 150
Good point. I'm not sure I would get accommodation in college anyway because I won't have my final transcript until July. Which leaves me in a bit of a tough spot in some ways.
Rejected from Pembroke.
Offer confirmed.

I'm not seeing anything about a deposit, so I assume we don't need to pay one.
Reply 153
Hii,

Accepted! waiting to receive my final transcript to confirm my spot. I am hoping to get a housing on campus, but i guess that's not very realistic is it?
Original post by Hanshen

I like Darwin too! How do we tell which category does a college belong to?
Reply 155
Original post by findingsuede
I like Darwin too! How do we tell which category does a college belong to?

Here you go, this may be of interest :smile:

http://www.admin.cam.ac.uk/students/gradadmissions/prospec/studying/colleges/facts.html

Thanks Hansen, I regret that didn't see this earlier...I thought most of the colleges don't take graduate students...

Anyway, I am happy to be with Darwin too.
Hi! I received my formal offer last week, haven't been accepted into a college, but I am thinking of living off campus so I'm not too worried.

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group for offer holders?
Reply 158
Original post by 16eighteen
Hi! I received my formal offer last week, haven't been accepted into a college, but I am thinking of living off campus so I'm not too worried.

Anyone know if there's a Facebook group for offer holders?

I was wondering that too, should we form some sort of informal, "get to know each other" group?
Original post by Hanshen
I was wondering that too, should we form some sort of informal, "get to know each other" group?

yeah that sounds cool! it should be really helpful. would you like to do the honours? :smile:

just wondering if anyone's got a First in the bag? I'm stressing so much over my exams...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending