The Student Room Group

Guys who are 5ft10-6ft1 tall, how much do you weigh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Anonymous
Just curious what a normal weight should be.

This post misuses the anonymous function.
Before posting as anonymous please read the guidelines here.

Just use a BMI (body mass index) calculator you lazy oaf.
Reply 41
6.0ft, 84kg. Very active, not chubby or fat.:smile:
Reply 42
5 ft 10, 153 pounds and growing.
6ft 3 182 pounds, 15.7 % body fat (i just measured it all :P)

i know i'm over 6ft 1 but oh well :redface:
Reply 44
6ft 1 and around 14 st 5-7. I'm quite bulky/broad/muscular, but not toned at all really and a little bit chubby in the stomach region. Looking to get down to a comfortable 14stone. Need to cut out alcohol, but it's far too tempting!
Reply 45
6'00"

~88kg (193lbs, just under 14st)
Reply 46
6'1" and 220 lbs (15 stone 10lbs). Oh, and I have a gym rather than a pie eating obsession!
6ft 2, 130kg

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9300
Original post by Venom
6'2ft and last I checked in the area of 7-8 stone.

:wtf: Seriously?
I'm over 6'1" but oh well, I'm 6'3" and 110kg.

Reasonably muscular and chubby around legs and a bit around stomach. Hoping to be 100kg or less by the end of the summer.
6'1 82kg ... wish more of it was muscle and less of it body fat ¬_¬
bulking to 90 then cutting, hoping to end up a lean 82

Long term goal is 90kg lean (maybe in 5 years?)
(edited 11 years ago)
5'10
65kg
187 cm (6"2)
Was around 76KG last time i weighed myself but probably around 70Kg now as i've dropped three inches off of my waist
Original post by HFerguson
6'1 82kg ... wish more of it was muscle and less of it body fat ¬_¬
bulking to 90 then cutting, hoping to end up a lean 82

Long term goal is 90kg lean (maybe in 5 years?)

Always try your best. You'll get there :smile:
I'm 6'3" at 82/83kg just over 13 stone. My BMI apparently is 24, but I lost nearly 10kg of fat recently.
I'm 18...6ft 1 and weight just over 11 stone
I'm 18, 6ft 1 and weigh just over 11 and a half stone.

I guess I should state that I don't really work out. (Or at least, I've only just started). I'm also a vegetarian. (I lost over a stone when I converted over 4 years ago, but since put it back on)
Original post by Aisha~~
Always try your best. You'll get there :smile:

Dont worry bro lol I'll try
Original post by #JayJay
that's what I tried to do but I didn't gain very much weight. I just ate more and more, even if it's junk food and whatnot but it got me nowhere.

but i'll follow your advice

At my gym there is this machine that tells you your weight, fat %, BMR etc. You should use one of these to get a rough estimate of your BMR. Your BMR is your basic metabolic rate, it will be about 2000-2500 calories. Mine is just below 2000. Basically, eat below this you will lose weight, eat above this and you will gain weight, assuming no major exercise is done on that day.

Basically, the reason why you're not gaining weight is because you're not eating enough. You're probably an Ectomorph - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectomorphic like me. If you have an iPod/iPhone, Android or Blackberry handset, i suggest you get this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/ It's a wonderful app for counting the calories, so easy to use too! Then you can really find out if you're eating too much, you can also adjust it for exercise, as being active causes you to lose calories but the app can calculate approx how many calories were lost to give you an accurate description to how many calories you have consumed in that day,

Just keep eating like a boss :tongue: but a bulk is also harder if you're not at gym. If you just eat lots and lots without lifting then it is likely that all you will gain is fat.
Reply 59
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
At my gym there is this machine that tells you your weight, fat %, BMR etc. You should use one of these to get a rough estimate of your BMR. Your BMR is your basic metabolic rate, it will be about 2000-2500 calories. Mine is just below 2000. Basically, eat below this you will lose weight, eat above this and you will gain weight, assuming no major exercise is done on that day.

Basically, the reason why you're not gaining weight is because you're not eating enough. You're probably an Ectomorph - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectomorphic like me. If you have an iPod/iPhone, Android or Blackberry handset, i suggest you get this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/ It's a wonderful app for counting the calories, so easy to use too! Then you can really find out if you're eating too much, you can also adjust it for exercise, as being active causes you to lose calories but the app can calculate approx how many calories were lost to give you an accurate description to how many calories you have consumed in that day,

Just keep eating like a boss :tongue: but a bulk is also harder if you're not at gym. If you just eat lots and lots without lifting then it is likely that all you will gain is fat.

I just checked and i'm definitely an ectomorph...that doesn't shock me haha, I think i've known for a long time. i'll download the app that you said and i'll track the amount of calories that i'm intaking per day

to be honest at this point, I don't even mind just gaining fat :/

Quick Reply

Latest