The Student Room Group

Guys who are 5ft10-6ft1 tall, how much do you weigh?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Im 5ft 10.5 n weighed 12 stone 13 at the end of my 5 month bulk which was like 4 weeks ago. I'm more like 12 stone 6 now n prob like 10-15% bodyfat
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm 5"11 and weigh a bit under 12 and a half stone. I think my BMI is just about normal
Reply 62
5'11, i'm 85kg (13 stone 7lb)

EDIT: BMI means nothing, according to that i'm overweight but i lift weights so i'm not really...
Reply 63
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
At my gym there is this machine that tells you your weight, fat %, BMR etc. You should use one of these to get a rough estimate of your BMR. Your BMR is your basic metabolic rate, it will be about 2000-2500 calories. Mine is just below 2000. Basically, eat below this you will lose weight, eat above this and you will gain weight, assuming no major exercise is done on that day.

Basically, the reason why you're not gaining weight is because you're not eating enough. You're probably an Ectomorph - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ectomorphic like me. If you have an iPod/iPhone, Android or Blackberry handset, i suggest you get this http://www.myfitnesspal.com/mobile/ It's a wonderful app for counting the calories, so easy to use too! Then you can really find out if you're eating too much, you can also adjust it for exercise, as being active causes you to lose calories but the app can calculate approx how many calories were lost to give you an accurate description to how many calories you have consumed in that day,

Just keep eating like a boss :tongue: but a bulk is also harder if you're not at gym. If you just eat lots and lots without lifting then it is likely that all you will gain is fat.

I second using myfitnesspal. Its good for counting calories although the goals they set arent for bodybuilding. When you find your bmr which is usually your weight in pounds x 12 (i think) you can go from there. Lean bulk is easy. Just add around 500 cals to your bmr n tap it in on myfitnesspal. Manually adjust your goal...n the optimum for a lean bulk is 30% protein 40% carbs 30% fat. Then just track it daily...easy as that
6ft and around 73kg
Reply 65
Apparently BMI is not a useful measure of health because it doesn't take into account aspects such as muscle. Your waist size would be a more accurate measure.
I'm 5'11-6'0 in height, 18 years old and weigh 77 kg at the moment due to having lost like 5 over the last four weeks. I've sprained my ankle and barely had any appetite at all. For people who want to lose weight, injure yourself :smile:
Reply 67
I am 5ft 11 in height and my weight is 68 kg and my body structure is Medium neither very over weight nor under weight . .
6 ft and about 74kg.

And I'd like to point out I consider myself to be very scrawny atm (due to major lack of gym).
(edited 11 years ago)
You'll be very skinny. But not unhealthily so.
6 foot and about 9 stone 4
I've got a decent amount of muscle but I would say I look normal

But I go to the gym quite a lot, and have a really low body fat % so I'd say I'm lean.
(edited 11 years ago)
5ft 10, maybe 5ft 11 on a good day
11st 10/164lbs/74.4kg
Reply 73
Original post by Spaz Man
Apparently BMI is not a useful measure of health because it doesn't take into account aspects such as muscle. Your waist size would be a more accurate measure.

This is true. I think it says im obese. Same with most bbers
6' 1" and 11 stone 8 last I checked. Want to hit around 13 before cutting.
I'm about 5'11.5 and 14 stone, I go to the gym though and don't really have much bodyfat, probably 12% ish
Original post by rattyryan
I second using myfitnesspal. Its good for counting calories although the goals they set arent for bodybuilding. When you find your bmr which is usually your weight in pounds x 12 (i think) you can go from there. Lean bulk is easy. Just add around 500 cals to your bmr n tap it in on myfitnesspal. Manually adjust your goal...n the optimum for a lean bulk is 30% protein 40% carbs 30% fat. Then just track it daily...easy as that

#JayJay

@JayJay, good post from rattyryan i think you should read if you already haven't
Reply 77
Original post by DontBeJelBeReem
@JayJay, good post from rattyryan i think you should read if you already haven't

thanks man, I appreciate it :thumbsup:
Reply 78
6ft, 75KG
Reply 79
1.88 77kg cba to covert this.

Quick Reply

Latest