The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Best Accommodation in Nottingham

Can you list the best self-catered campuses in Nottingham Uni. from best to worse?

Also, what if I wanted to attend the gym, do all the campuses have one? Can I attend the gym of another campus other than the one I'll be located in?

EDIT: I forgot to ask, what the difference between en suite and single?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jaja
Can you list the best self-catered campuses in Nottingham Uni. from best to worse?

Also, what if I wanted to attend the gym, do all the campuses have one? Can I attend the gym of another campus other than the one I'll be located in?

I can't answer the first two, but ensuite = bedroom and bathroom for your own private use, single = own room but have to share the shower with others.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
The only self catered accomodation is broadgate park - I was catered myself but I heard Broadgate was pretty good - don't know much else though
Reply 3
Original post by jaja

For self-catered there is Broadgate Park, Raleigh Park and St Peter's Court but I don't really know much about any of them, maybe take a look at this: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/accommodation/accommodationoptions/selfcateredsites/selfcateredsites.aspx
I'm in self catered.

You get more for your money at Raleigh than at Broadgate, and St Peters is miles away.

But i'm going to be biased right now and say: Broadgate, Raleigh and then St Peters... I am a Broadgate ranger afterall :wink:
Reply 5
I'm in a catered hall on university park, but from what I've heard from other people who are in self-catered places Broadgate park's generally the most preferred one (it's right next to UP so you don't have to get a bus to lectures unless they're on Jubilee/Sutton Bonington), followed by Raleigh Park and then St.Peter's Court, because it's so far away from the main campus.

I know that there are gyms on University Park + Jubilee campus, and i thiiiiink a gym membership includes both of them (not positive about that though). There might be other gyms, but if there are I don't know where they are :tongue:

En-suite means you have your own bathroom and in single rooms you have to share with other people (I'm not sure how many, but one of my friends got lucky and only has to share with 2 others).
Hope that helped a bit :smile:
I'd say:
1. Broadgate
2. St Peter's Court
3. Raleigh Park

St Peter's Court is only marginally further away than Raleigh Park, and there's a free bus to and from campus every 20 minutes (which Raleigh have to pay for). Plus, all the rooms at SPC are ensuite and seem nicer than the rooms I've seen at Raleigh. From my experience though, I would definitely go for the accommodation closer to campus if you want self-catered (ie. Broadgate), as it becomes a real pain trekking back and forth, especially at night/on weekends when the bus doesn't run. Although in all fairness, if your course is based on the East side of campus, there probably isn't much difference in the walk from Broadgate or Raleigh/SPC.
Reply 7
Out of the three I'd say Broadgate is the worst just for it's location. Ok, it's very close to University Park campus but a long way from the city centre.

My favourite so far though is the Cotton Mills which is round the corner from St. Peter's Court.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending