The Student Room Group

TSR Biology Society

Scroll to see replies

<a href=
Has this thread/group died off or still running?

I'm studying A Level Biology.
Original post by maggiedavies
Has this thread/group died off or still running?

I'm studying A Level Biology.

there's still some people who post!

welcome to the thread :h:
Original post by lilGem
there's still some people who post!

welcome to the thread :h:

That's good! And thank you :smile:
That's good! And thank you :smile:

which exam board are you with? how are you finding it? :smile:
Reply 705
when a 2004 thread is still alive... the maker must be proud :tongue:
Original post by lilGem
which exam board are you with? how are you finding it? :smile:

AQA. I love Biology a lot and enjoying the lessons very much. I do fine with the homework tasks but when we do assessments / past papers, I just can't get good grades despite how much effort and revision I put in. I missed all of unit 1 (Biological Molecules) because I was doing a different subject from September and ended up switching. I also only did Core Science at GCSE and feel at a major disadvantage to everybody else in the year and the country taking Biology!! But yeah I guess so far it's ok...
AQA. I love Biology a lot and enjoying the lessons very much. I do fine with the homework tasks but when we do assessments / past papers, I just can't get good grades despite how much effort and revision I put in. I missed all of unit 1 (Biological Molecules) because I was doing a different subject from September and ended up switching. I also only did Core Science at GCSE and feel at a major disadvantage to everybody else in the year and the country taking Biology!! But yeah I guess so far it's ok...

Ah I was with WJEC :redface: admittedly a while back now.

If you need any help feel free to message me, I'll reply as and when I can (current finalist with my research project going on and coursework/ revision). If not post on here and someone will answer any question or queries you have :smile:
Original post by lilGem
Ah I was with WJEC :redface: admittedly a while back now.

If you need any help feel free to message me, I'll reply as and when I can (current finalist with my research project going on and coursework/ revision). If not post on here and someone will answer any question or queries you have :smile:

Thank you so much! :smile:
Thank you so much! :smile:

no worries :smile: we're all here to help in any way we can, we all have varying degrees of experience
Original post by z33
when a 2004 thread is still alive... the maker must be proud :tongue:

Would say that too many students are too focused on exams to appreciate this thread and to have a passion for this natural science. I suppose so.
Original post by Ramaya
I'll join :biggrin: i did 3 hours of revison for biology in the library today and forgot my food and drink so i was pretty hungry.

Yeah, I have that issue when wanting to study in library for hours. You forget to have food I usually: skip it and starve/ spend tonnes of money using the vending machine.
I also usually, if I remember, eat before I go to the library and get a meal from town. that's a good tip. I've never liked carrying food around in my bag as it gets too warm.
Original post by Aishraat
Yeah, I have that issue when wanting to study in library for hours. You forget to have food I usually: skip it and starve/ spend tonnes of money using the vending machine.
I also usually, if I remember, eat before I go to the library and get a meal from town. that's a good tip. I've never liked carrying food around in my bag as it gets too warm.

I would always eating hours before going to the library. Just because it is so difficult to study and being focused on biological subject matters, if you have a full stomach. :wink: That does not apply for revision in Biology, but also for another subjects.
Why are biology societies so dead ?Sigh.
Reply 714
Original post by bobby147
Why are biology societies so dead ?Sigh.

I thought you're not allowed to bump a thread which has been inactive more than a year?
Original post by S2M
I thought you're not allowed to bump a thread which has been inactive more than a year?

I have no idea.This is a society thread so like the ISOC or any other kind of society thread,it should be exempt from the rules.
Reply 716
Original post by bobby147
I have no idea.This is a society thread so like the ISOC or any other kind of society thread,it should be exempt from the rules.

Oh ok, that's fine then. :smile:
A man walks into a bar and asks for some adenosine triphosphate.

The barman replies "that'll be 80p"
Whoa, it is really been a while that this society had inspiring conversation, but I don't know where I can ask this special question.

@charco maybe you can help me (I am sure you can):

When a bonds of amino acids to peptides are exactly considered as a polypeptide? at 20 bonds? 100? does a certain number of a sequence exist anyway?
Reply 719
Original post by Kallisto
Whoa, it is really been a while that this society had inspiring conversation, but I don't know where I can ask this special question.

@charco maybe you can help me (I am sure you can):

When a bonds of amino acids to peptides are exactly considered as a polypeptide? at 20 bonds? 100? does a certain number of a sequence exist anyway?

Generally oligopeptides are up to around 20 residues and polypeptides are thought of as have 50 residues (amino acids)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending