The Student Room Group

TSR Biology Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
shiny
Well you'd def have the support of Helenia, JoyAbbot, Daveo, Elles, Madly and other current med students! :biggrin:

a medicine-dentistry one would probably be better, that way prospective students could all help each other out.
I'll be the 3rd member, in that case :biggrin:
Reply 82
ShOcKzZ
a medicine-dentistry one would probably be better, that way prospective students could all help each other out.

but medicine and dentistry are still a lot different in different ways. for example, oxbridge dont do dent.
Reply 83
hihihihi
but medicine and dentistry are still a lot different in different ways. for example, oxbridge dont do dent.

so..people applying for them 2 courses tend to do similar a-levels..bio, chem..etc and people could help each other with applications etc..anything generally.
Reply 84
hihihihi
hi, i'd like to join

i'm currently doing AS biology and will defo continue it next year

i also really hope to do medicine as my first choice, or something biological/chem sciences.

You've been added :smile:
Reply 85
shiny
I'll join. I always wanted to be a member of a Med Soc! :biggrin:

Medsoc here isn't that great, but if you want me in the UKL one, I'll join.
Reply 86
Hmm, I hear my name mentioned in this outpost of a sub-forum.......where I'd never been till today cos its got 'academic' in the title.... :rolleyes: Of course, this is when I should be revising...etc.etc.

A UKL med soc sounds alrite, though medics already have a whole subforum.....but we have to share with the vets, like everytime else!!!:biggrin: :P Only kidding, I have some very nice Vet m8s :wink:

I think I'll join this fledgling group, might become important in shaping the nation one day!! :biggrin:
Reply 87
Has a Med Society been started yet?
Reply 88
LS.
Has a Med Society been started yet?

I don't think so (I can't see it anywhere)
Reply 89

Can i join?
Reply 90
Sarky

Can i join?

Yes, I'll add you to the members list. (I'm assuming you study/studied AS/A2 bio)
Reply 91
me too... i'm doing A-level biology next year...
Reply 92
LS.
Yes, I'll add you to the members list. (I'm assuming you study/studied AS/A2 bio)

I was the one that gave you the list of biology A2 options when you asked. You don't remember me :frown: . I'm doing AS/A2 in one year and i'm a resit candidate.

That good enough for ya? :tongue:
Reply 93
Sarky

I was the one that gave you the list of biology A2 options when you asked. You don't remember me :frown: . I'm doing AS/A2 in one year and i'm a resit candidate.

That good enough for ya? :tongue:

That's good enough for me. I do remember you being very helpful too me, I just couldn't remember what for! I blame revision for ruining my memory :tongue:

Me2 - I'll add you to the list.
Reply 94
Hey hey... can I join! It might jus bring me some luck come Tuesday (AS Bio AQA).
Reply 95
Oo lemme join. I'm doing GCSE Biology (separate sciences)...definitely doing A-level in it because I want to be a surgeon (preferably a brain surgeon because a:the name "neurosurgeon" sounds so cool and b:the brain is the so cool!)...anyone doing MedSim at Nottingham Uni this summer?
Reply 96
zombie - you're added. Looks like everyone has bio on the 8th - much luck to you all!

glance - you're added too. I haven't heard about the MedSim at Notts, care to post some details? [Like you, I'm also into neuroscience...plus notts is my local uni!]
Reply 97
i went to medlink december 2003- it was ok, but medsim sounds better as there's proper 'clinical' experience. try http://medlink-uk.com/
and try www.medschoolguide.co.uk for medschool application help
Reply 98
MedSim is basically a "hands-on" experience, and like hihihihi said, it's "clinical." It takes place in July, at Notts, and what you do is perform things like simulated keyhole surgery, and taking blood pressures and stuff like that. I can't remember all the details, but I'm sure you can look it up on the web. It takes place over a few days, and it should be really useful for anyone thinking of going into medicine. It's also an experience to find out whether you really could cope with life in a hospital! They were fully booked up for this summer so they've added an extra week, but I'm not sure how many places are left. Medlink is in December, which I think is more like lectures (am I right hihihihi?).
Reply 99
Thanks hihihihi & glance :smile:

I have to admit MedSim looks really good from what I've read, but I think I'm a bit pushed for time to get the cash together for this summer. I am intrested in medicine - but not planning on being a doctor - that's why I think this would be better for me than medlink. Maybe I'll go for it next year...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending