The Student Room Group

OCR Biology F212: Molecules, Biodiversity, Food & Health - 21 May 2012

Poll

How many times have you retaken this exam, or is it your first sitting?

For those sitting it for the first time, or retaking it after multiple attempts, this beast of an exam awaits us in May, accounting for 50% of our AS Biology.
Really early to open this thread, but time flies doesn't it?
Let's try and get some good, fresh material to help people out in the meantime and let's hope we won't get an exam similar to that of F211 Jan 2012 (oh God).

Scroll to see replies

You're a bit keen....
F211 was hard? I'm curious I did it last year, hope it doesn't follow suit with f212.
Reply 3
Original post by 66310346671011
F211 was hard? I'm curious I did it last year, hope it doesn't follow suit with f212.

You don't even want to to know, it seemed like my solid 1 month revision for that exam was practically gone to waste. Hardly anything directly from the specification came up, so many suggest questions, nothing about o2/co2 transport + harder topics people likely spent their time on came up.
OCR couldn't of produced a worse exam. Definitely hoping better for F212.
Original post by Syans
You don't even want to to know, it seemed like my solid 1 month revision for that exam was practically gone to waste. Hardly anything directly from the specification came up, so many suggest questions, nothing about o2/co2 transport + harder topics people likely spent their time on came up.
OCR couldn't of produced a worse exam. Definitely hoping better for F212.

Shame.. had a similar experience with unit 1 resits last week :frown: F212 shouldn't be too bad, just hope the exam isn't vague like a few of the past papers.. then again the grade boundaries for ocr biology in general are somewhat low, good chance to make up for low isa marks.
This will be the third time I've done F212. I just hope this June's won't be as much of a plane-crash as January's paper :nooo:
I worked out just 65 days until the exam so I'm starting now with the revision...which should have been started ages ago. Hows it going for you guys?
subbed - doing this exam in May.
Reply 7
Original post by Syans
let's hope we won't get an exam similar to that of F211 Jan 2012 (oh God).

:banghead: That exam was pure evil! I only knew two people who were truly happy with their results. I'm definitely retaking!

<3 x
Reply 8
i am retaking this again got a C in jan 2012 want to push it up!!!! hated the parrot questions
Reply 9
Original post by RandomPeopleDancin
This will be the third time I've done F212. I just hope this June's won't be as much of a plane-crash as January's paper :nooo:
I worked out just 65 days until the exam so I'm starting now with the revision...which should have been started ages ago. Hows it going for you guys?

Starting proper revision from now as well, putting it like that it really doesn't seem that far away along with all other revision... hoping to put in all the effort and do it properly first time round, absolutely hate retaking, already have to do F211 resit.
If you start now I'd still think you're early compared to how late most people leave their revision.. Hopefully third time lucky with your exam:rolleyes:
Agreed F211 in January was dire. First time doing F212 in May. Just wondering how much of the syallbus people have covered so far? I've done biological molecules and up to immunity on the health and disease module :smile:
Reply 11
Hi there can someone upload the June 2011 paper for this and Mark scheme that would be nice thanks
Reply 12
got an A for this!! thought i would flop again...went from a U to an A...it's possible !!!!!!!
Reply 13
Original post by Raj K
got an A for this!! thought i would flop again...went from a U to an A...it's possible !!!!!!!

Well done!! And thank you you gave me hope!! This is my first time but i am soo scared for this exam, and i badly need an A. Have you got any advice?? And how did you feel before and after that exam?? Because i am a mess before and after :/
Reply 14
Original post by Amiraa
Well done!! And thank you you gave me hope!! This is my first time but i am soo scared for this exam, and i badly need an A. Have you got any advice?? And how did you feel before and after that exam?? Because i am a mess before and after :/

lol no problem..i hated this exam soo much..so that's why i had to prepare for it so much..what i did was i made my notes from the ocr main textbook revised them regularly..and used some really good notes from the internet..i'll send them to you)..and did every past paper available..(keep doing them again and again)..hope that helped!
Reply 15
Original post by Raj K
lol no problem..i hated this exam soo much..so that's why i had to prepare for it so much..what i did was i made my notes from the ocr main textbook revised them regularly..and used some really good notes from the internet..i'll send them to you)..and did every past paper available..(keep doing them again and again)..hope that helped!

That sounds good, Thank you.
Original post by otrivine
Hi there can someone upload the June 2011 paper for this and Mark scheme that would be nice thanks

Here you go. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
I wanted to ask a question, how do the corner method on a quadrat?? and how would the table be?? Yep, im trying to revise for my quantitive and evaluative practical exam and yes it is a retake. :frown:
Original post by Syans
Starting proper revision from now as well, putting it like that it really doesn't seem that far away along with all other revision... hoping to put in all the effort and do it properly first time round, absolutely hate retaking, already have to do F211 resit.
If you start now I'd still think you're early compared to how late most people leave their revision.. Hopefully third time lucky with your exam:rolleyes:

Thanks =) I'm revising solidly now, in my free periods, break lunch, on the bus etc because I hate resits and I can't afford to do this one again >< It must stay in my brain! But with 4 exams it feels like putting cups of water in a cardboard box and then shaking it; some will be lost, some will remain and some will be soggy and only vaguely remembered =/ I'll find a way to remember it somehow...
I tend to be fairly early with my revision. After all, the earlier the better, right?
Good luck with your revision and your exams =)
Subbing :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending