The Student Room Group

How many languages can you speak?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
English (obv) and French.

Just because you did a GCSE in a language, doesn't mean you can speak it....
Reply 61
English and Swahili
Native English,semi fluent in German :smile: (at A2 level and hope to progress to degree level)
Reply 63
English
Bengali
and got an A in French at GCSE so i think i can speak it relatively well, not so fluent :tongue:
English and broken French. I wish I could speak more!
Reply 65
Depends what you mean by speak?
If you mean speak fluently then just one, English.
If you mean being able to hold a decent conversation then three more, French, Spanish and BSL (well you don't really speak sign language but you know what I mean)
And if you mean knowing bits and pieces then two more, Mandarin and Swiss German.

But if someone on the street asked me how many languages I speak, I'd say one...
Reply 66
English, Czech, Slovak, Polish, a very small bit of Russian, German, Spanish, Dutch and Italian.
fluent Farsi, English, French, italian...really wanna learn Russian :frown: but farsi impresses people the most :biggrin: funny once they know it's iranian however.. :/
Original post by Rosalind

Original post by Rosalind
I'm going to study French and Spanish too :biggrin: And hopefully a bit of Italian!

What unis are you looking at? I tried and failed for Cambridge so its Sheffield or Birmingham for me :smile:

aww awesome, excellent choice :P
Edinburgh, St Andrews, Birmingham or Essex...haven't decided yet though!! :biggrin:
Original post by splendidsun
I can speak Arabic (and English) fluently

I would love to be able to speak Spanish/Italian fluently (GCSE doesn't get you very far)

I can speak English (obviously! lol) and Spanish fluently.
I know French and German and Italian..up to GCSE :L Which isn't very useful. :/
Reply 70
Portuguese (native)
English (fluent)
Spanish (fluent but can't really write it)
Currently learning German and then Im going to pick up on my French...
Two in English and Gujarati.

I can speak a little bit of Spanish as well.
Reply 72
2 fluently: English [native] + Cantonese [my parents are from China!]

my French is decent (around B2?) so I would have no problems communicating in French.

I'm learning German & Russian :tongue:
Reply 73
English y Espanol :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by Scarface-Don

Original post by Scarface-Don
*Hi5's back* :tongue:

Are you applying to any uni's yet?
Reply 75
I speak English as my first language and I am also doing Spanish and French for A level- I am conversational in these two but I would love to be fluent in them some day
English
Urdu
French
and learning Spanish: me encanta las patatas fritas?
Original post by jaez121
Are you applying to any uni's yet?

Yh I've applied to Barts, Keele, Southampton and Leeds for medicine and pharmacy at Kingston as my insurance for which I got an offer. Have you applied?
Original post by splendidsun

Cantonese, Korean and English.
Reply 79
Czech - native tingue, fluent
English - fluent
Spanish - advanced
French - lower intermediate
Arabic - lower intermediate
Persian - beginner
Latin - everlasting beginner :tongue:

Would like to learn German, Hungarian, Albanian, Chinese, Ancient Greek, Tibetan, Turkish, Hindi, Mongolian, Japanese and possibly few others :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending