The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
yhupp! i applied there for economics and politics.......... still waiting..
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Some people last year didn't hear back until the March deadline even though they had applied in October!
It depends on a variety of factors but it is true that some people don't hear until March, though some people hear as early as October.
Reply 4
does the uni have a deadline when they HAVE to reply to you? ie. march?
They took maybe... 3 months to get back to me, they were the last uni to reply to me at least.
I only just got an offer, and I applied in October. I still know some people waiting on it, although I know someone else who found out before Christmas. I think it really depends.

Hope this helps

http://francesca-fogg.blogspot.com. (it's got a bit about Durham in it:smile: )
Reply 7
i loved your blog by the way, very witty. im taking a gap year too - thats pretty much the only thing im certain about. i know that if i wait till after uni i'd find enough reasons to put it off until im 60 and its too late!
Reply 8
Original post by jjjjjessie
does the uni have a deadline when they HAVE to reply to you? ie. march?

Yes they have to reply by the end of March! But that's so far away!!! :frown:
Reply 9
thank you! i know, its ages!
Reply 10
I got my offer last year like a week before the post-offer open day in March. Pretty much as late as possible even though I applied in October. I don't know what it's like in general though.
Reply 11
took them about 4 months to let my friend know she had an offer..
Original post by kirino1
yhupp! i applied there for economics and politics.......... still waiting..

Me too =/
Original post by alexa3218
Yes they have to reply by the end of March! But that's so far away!!! :frown:

Actually, it's only a guideline. The date by which they have to reply, or UCAS will make any outstanding appliations unsuccessful, is May 10th this year.
http://www.ucas.com/students/importantdates

And yes, Durham take ages for most people.
I applied 11th of October 2011 and received my offer on the 15th of December. But I did get a direct email about 4 weeks before that saying I had been processed and would hear soon but with no indication of what the result would be.....I guess to the Archaeology department 4 weeks is the blink of an eye.......

I don't think a gap year will put any Uni off some ones application, I have just completed my 3 gap decades :smile:

Good luck
Original post by evening sunrise
I applied 11th of October 2011 and received my offer on the 15th of December. But I did get a direct email about 4 weeks before that saying I had been processed and would hear soon but with no indication of what the result would be.....I guess to the Archaeology department 4 weeks is the blink of an eye.......

I don't think a gap year will put any Uni off some ones application, I have just completed my 3 gap decades :smile:

Good luck

Allow me to congratulate you as one mature person to another.:smile:
Original post by carnationlilyrose
Allow me to congratulate you as one mature person to another.:smile:

Thankyou
Well it is in my case. I submitted my application on the 28th of October... and I'm still waiting. I had replies from all my other choices by the 5th of December, I don't know what's taking so long really.
I applied in November and I haven't heard anything since.
In fact, only 2 people from my school have heard: one acceptance and one rejection (both have got a place at Cambridge.)

I'm more than a little bit freaking out...
I applied in October, still haven't heard anything.
Applied for History and I know two people who have applied to Durham, for history, who have got offers. I also know another person who applied for Geography and has her offer... :/
Will have to be patient I guess....

Latest