The Student Room Group

AQA English Language and Literature Specification B Unit 1 Exam? HELP.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by figuresk8rstudent
Thanks for your encouragement.
Sadly im a Home Student - only have an Online Tutor, sure do miss the whole classroom experience LOL
Currently studying Register and Language in Context whilst working on my Coursework - decided to write about a Memory and maybe an informal, persuasive review of my favourite holiday place at the moment - what did or are you doing for your coursework?
Im Dale btw ;-)

I DID for AS- Jane Eyre and Widesargasso sea...the theme of independence of women - High A grade achieved

For A2 shakespeare OTHELLO and transformed a scene into a dramatic monologue
For my next bit in A2 we do war poems...and I am transforming one into a letter

2BH your idea is good, but to reach the HIGHER levels you need to do something 'exciting' and 'interesting' that the injudicator would find amusing ...it states in the indicitive content to do so..try to do something that you can talk A LOT about language points in ...

Hope this has answered your question?? and HI DALEEE! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Yellowranger
Well I've never been one for that but I'll try it thank you for the encouragement!

No problemo....and always the one to love to put smiles on peoples faces :smile: ...
Original post by ToyosiBaby
No problemo....and always the one to love to put smiles on peoples faces :smile: ...

Awwhh :biggrin:

I DID for AS- Jane Eyre and Widesargasso sea...the theme of independence of women - High A grade achieved

For A2 shakespeare OTHELLO and transformed a scene into a dramatic monologue
For my next bit in A2 we do war poems...and I am transforming one into a letter

2BH your idea is good, but to reach the HIGHER levels you need to do something 'exciting' and 'interesting' that the injudicator would find amusing ...it states in the indicitive content to do so..try to do something that you can talk A LOT about language points in ...

Hope this has answered your question?? and HI DALEEE! :smile:

Wow congrats on your A Grade - now thats what I want to aim for. Would you like to be a study buddy? Would really appreciate any tips advice etc
D x
Wow congrats on your A Grade - now thats what I want to aim for. Would you like to be a study buddy? Would really appreciate any tips advice etc
D x

Thanks ..flopped in exam though..hence the retake lol + Of course...that is what this forum is for after all :smile: I really enjoy helping people :smile:
Oh dear, hope you did well this time? Doing it the 2nd time round, has it made you realise what initially went wrong in the 1st place? I can be an expressive person when it comes to writing, have a powerful imagination that sometimes I can get lost in it but when it comes to analsying text and breaking/dissecting it all i'm puzzled! :-(
Oh dear, hope you did well this time? Doing it the 2nd time round, has it made you realise what initially went wrong in the 1st place? I can be an expressive person when it comes to writing, have a powerful imagination that sometimes I can get lost in it but when it comes to analsying text and breaking/dissecting it all i'm puzzled! :-(

Yeah I did, I got my paper back and went through it with my teacher! :smile: and yeah sameeee!! ahaah dw ...what you should do is set your transformation down, and do similarities and differences between your text and the original text LANGUAGE POINTS ONLYYYY!!!! that helps...:smile:
Can anyone remem what the question was for the jan exam? The unseen was about America (i think) and the seen was about distaste and something? THANKS
Original post by ColourDog
Can anyone remem what the question was for the jan exam? The unseen was about America (i think) and the seen was about distaste and something? THANKS

I think you're talking about the food one right? If so, this thread is specifically for the Travel + Locomotion from last year.
I cannot help you, unfortunately, but I think you should make a thread specifically for your unit. :smile: ...
However, the one that we did:
Unseen- A novel adventure about two male germans
A travel guide for London trains

Anthology Text's- How travel can be exciting or enriching / both ..how is this shown in the author's writing (something along those lines) lol
Hope this has helped. Hope you get the answer you're looking for! :smile: :smile: :biggrin:
can someone help me i am doing edexcel english exams in 3 weeks time and i cant find any past paper plz can some one tell me a website so i can go on it plz asap

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending