Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Edexcel Physics Unit 1 January 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raheem94)
    I will advice you to retake. I am in a similar position as you, i got 98/120 in unit 1 which i am disgusted about. However, i only prepared in the last 2-3 days. Will probably be retaking it in june.

You have dropped 26 marks at unit 1 which isn't good for an A* student. I got an A* in chemistry last year and dropped only 28marks out of 600, and all papers were first attempts. So dropping 22 marks in one paper is extremely disappointing for me.

If you think you can get an A* than repeat it, unit 1 doesn't requires much preparation and getting A* in A2 units and doing poorly at AS doesn't looks good.

Good luck
    Still pretty good though 98 is an A. Dropping 28 marks out of 600 you monster! :eek: Yeah I can get an A next time this paper was just unlucky for me (sounds pathetic but it's true).

Thanks good luck to you too!
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uttamo)
    Still pretty good though 98 is an A. Dropping 28 marks out of 600 you monster! :eek: Yeah I can get an A next time this paper was just unlucky for me (sounds pathetic but it's true).

Thanks good luck to you too!
    Are you aiming for A* or A?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    98/120, an A. Happy given that it was the hardest exam I've ever sat.
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Are you aiming for A* or A?
    A* but I meant A for the paper cos you can only get a max of A.
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uttamo)
    A* but I meant A for the paper cos you can only get a max of A.
    Lets hope both of us get an A* .
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I only got a c, with 80 on the results sheet, so kinda disappointed. Does anyone know what you needed for a B?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGrumpyMole)
    I only got a c, with 80 on the results sheet, so kinda disappointed. Does anyone know what you needed for a B?

Any tips for my resit?

And, I left the question which asked to find the volume (wind farms) and used value from the question to do other ones. And after that, I did that question. Are the questions I'd done further with given value still counted?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    Lets hope both of us get an A* .
    Haha yeah thanks you too
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dog4444)

Any tips for my resit?

And, I left the question which asked to find the volume (wind farms) and used value from the question to do other ones. And after that, I did that question. Are the questions I'd done further with given value still counted?
    I did the exact same thing, and I got an A, so I suppose yes.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got unexpected 120 ums!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: March 10, 2012
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.