The Student Room Group

Would retaking my GCSE's affect my chances for a top law school?

My GCSE's are not as good as they should be (extenuating circumstamces), as i got 3A's, 4B's and 1C. But my intentions is to take a gap year and redo them. If i was to achieve atleast A*AA for A-Levels, with a B at AS. Do you think i can get into warwick, kings or bham for law? Or would they see retaking GCSE's as a weakness?

Thanks.
Have Warwick got back to you? and I would probably say if you manage to get A*AA at A-level it'd probably not make much difference.
Reply 2
Original post by Tsunami2011
Have Warwick got back to you? and I would probably say if you manage to get A*AA at A-level it'd probably not make much difference.

I got rejected and i'm so gutted :/. My AS's wasn't that strong to be honest, AABC. I'm hoping with retakes this jan to make that AAAB (at least). And if i achieve atleast A*AA, i'm sure i'm in for a better chance next year.
Original post by madrid90
I got rejected and i'm so gutted :/. My AS's wasn't that strong to be honest, AABC. I'm hoping with retakes this jan to make that AAAB (at least). And if i achieve atleast A*AA, i'm sure i'm in for a better chance next year.

ah man that's sucks :frown: Ask for feedback! I'm not sure if it was your GCSEs since my friend in with 1A 3B 3C 1D, admittedly he got AAAB at AS, so I'm not sure really. Did you angle your personal statment in the way which they teach the course?:s-smilie:
Reply 4
ah man that's sucks :frown: Ask for feedback! I'm not sure if it was your GCSEs since my friend in with 1A 3B 3C 1D, admittedly he got AAAB at AS, so I'm not sure really. Did you angle your personal statment in the way which they teach the course?:s-smilie:

Sad times :/. I'm hoping to reapply next year if things go to plan. What was your friend predicted grades? Btw how have you done? Have you heard from warwick?
Sad times :/. I'm hoping to reapply next year if things go to plan. What was your friend predicted grades? Btw how have you done? Have you heard from warwick?

He was predicted A*A*A. He applied through the Warwick AWARDS scheme though, maybe you should have. I got 12 A* at GCSE, AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A at A2. I got an offer:biggrin:, rejected by Cambridge though.:tongue: You going to re-apply to oxbridge?
Reply 6
He was predicted A*A*A. He applied through the Warwick AWARDS scheme though, maybe you should have. I got 12 A* at GCSE, AAAA at AS and predicted A*A*A at A2. I got an offer:biggrin:, rejected by Cambridge though.:tongue: You going to re-apply to oxbridge?

Damn those grades sound hot to me. I am most likely as i got half decent feedback. Is warwick your firm? Congrats on your offer too.
Damn those grades sound hot to me. I am most likely as i got half decent feedback. Is warwick your firm? Congrats on your offer too.

Oh really? what did your feedback say? I haven't got mine yet.:redface: Most probably, offers from Birmingham and LSE waiting on Notts.
Reply 8
Oh really? what did your feedback say? I haven't got mine yet.:redface: Most probably, offers from Birmingham and LSE waiting on Notts.

You have an offer from LSE, WOW. Surely your going to choose LSE as your first choice? According to homertom they narrowed down all the 'suitable' applicants and i was amongst them. But the amount of applicants was greater than usual, and so they narrowed it down even futher to the strongest AS grades. Here i lost out :/
(edited 12 years ago)
You have an offer from LSE, WOW. Surely your going to choose LSE as your first choice? According to cambridge they narrowed down all the 'suitable' applicants and i was amongst them. But the amount of applicants was greater than usual, and so they narrowed it dowm to futher to the strongest AS grades. Here i lost out :/

I know I'm crazy, but I've sought advice from knowledgeable people who've said going to Warwick will not harm my prospects. I'm still thinking about it, I live in London and really want to escape. Wow really? that's reallt specific, how long did your feedback take?

EDIT: did Birmingham reject you aswell?
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending