The Student Room Group

Should France be allowed to build nuclear weapons?

Poll

Should France be allowed to build nuclear weapons?

???

Scroll to see replies

Haven't they got them anyway?

And I'm not hearing any arguments against from you?

So I guess yes...
Reply 2
they already have Nuclear Weapons and if they want to build more than of course! We can trust them.

/sarcasm.
Reply 3
Just like most other nuclear nations I'm fairly sure they'll have enough in stock already to destroy most of the world if they wanted to.

So there's not too much need to make any more.
Reply 4
Bit of closing the door after the horse has bolted no? There is nothing we can do about nuclear armed nations to get them to disarm
Reply 5
They should disarm because the next country to make them surrender will then have all the French nukes.
Reply 6
Original post by Aj12
Bit of closing the door after the horse has bolted no? There is nothing we can do about nuclear armed nations to get them to disarm

So you support the French nuking us but not Iranians? double standards you either support nuking us by all sides or no sides.
Reply 7
Yes; because they are on the right side of the global hegemony.
Reply 8
Original post by Hopple
They should disarm because the next country to make them surrender will then have all the French nukes.

Indeed
Reply 9
Original post by lambert1
So you support the French nuking us but not Iranians? double standards you either support nuking us by all sides or no sides.

Can't see the French doing that. I am against Iranian nukes but not because they might nuke us but because of the geopolitical consequences in the Middle East.
Reply 10
Original post by Aj12
Can't see the French doing that. I am against Iranian nukes but not because they might nuke us but because of the geopolitical consequences in the Middle East.

What about the geo political consequences in Europe? France has had nukes since the 1950s what if Greece and Germany now want to get nukes? it is a disaster.
Reply 11
What about the geo political consequences in Europe? France has had nukes since the 1950s what if Greece and Germany now want to get nukes? it is a disaster.

There was never any chance of there being extreme consequences of French nukes though. If France (Iran) supported a terrorist group in Italy (Hezbollah in Lebanon) and armed them with missiles to attack Germany (Israel) with, and Austria (Saudi Arabia) said they would pursue a nuclear bomb if France got one I would have opposed a French nuclear program.

But you can't seriously tell me you'd think a European power pursuing nukes could ever cause the same problems and tensions as a Middle Eastern power pursuing them.
Reply 12
Original post by Aj12
There was never any chance of there being extreme consequences of French nukes though. If France (Iran) supported a terrorist group in Italy (Hezbollah in Lebanon) and armed them with missiles to attack Germany (Israel) with, and Austria (Saudi Arabia) said they would pursue a nuclear bomb if France got one I would have opposed a French nuclear program.

But you can't seriously tell me you'd think a European power pursuing nukes could ever cause the same problems and tensions as a Middle Eastern power pursuing them.

Hezbollah is as much of a terrorist group as La resistance was when France was occupied Nazi Germany.
Reply 13
Hezbollah is as much of a terrorist group as La resistance was when France was occupied Nazi Germany.

Whatever man I'm not getting into the morality or whatever here. You can see what i was getting at with the analogy, Europe is nothing like the Middle East nor do French nukes pose anywhere close to the same consequences as an Iranian bomb . I don't want to drag this threat OT
Reply 14
Original post by Aj12
Whatever man I'm not getting into the morality or whatever here. You can see what i was getting at with the analogy, Europe is nothing like the Middle East nor do French nukes pose anywhere close to the same consequences as an Iranian bomb . I don't want to drag this threat OT

If the consequence is Saudi Arabia gets a nuclear bomb then i don't care. So Saudi Arabia has nukes then what? nobody is going to use them.
Reply 15

America runs the world. America decides who gets nukes. End of story.

Stop trying to apply internet forum morality.
Reply 16
Original post by Organ
America runs the world. America decides who gets nukes. End of story.

Stop trying to apply internet forum morality.

America is run by rich corporations, therefore if I own a rich corporation I decide who gets nukes.
Reply 17
If the consequence is Saudi Arabia gets a nuclear bomb then i don't care. So Saudi Arabia has nukes then what? nobody is going to use them.

They don't have to. North Korea does not use its nukes yet its nukes allow it to carry out terrorist attacks, kidnap countries citizens turn, itself into a concentration camp and use its military to attack South Korea without fear of reproach.

Lets say Iran decides to sponsor a couple of terrorist cells, they carry out 9/11 times ten killing thousands of people. Will it be your problem when your country comes under massive attacks and can do nothing about it?

Will it be your problem when Iran decides to launch terrorist attacks against Saudi oil fields and manages to cause massive damage to the world economy?

I could go on with this. Simply put you will feel the consequences of a nuclear tipped Middle East.
Reply 18
America is run by rich corporations, therefore if I own a rich corporation I decide who gets nukes.

Yeah. But you don't. You are a nobody on a student forum.
Original post by Aj12

beef between the sunnis and shias? (taking any sides?)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending