The Student Room Group

11th Jan 2012 OCR maths GCSE

Did anyone do an Exam yesterday for maths ocr paper gcse level? :confused:
Reply 1
Me!
i did! how did you both find it?
Reply 3
does anyone know when the answers and papers will be released, I desperately need to check it out!
what did you get for that 7 mark solve question?
daizy, how did you think you did, what did you think to the exam overall and do you think, to achieve an A* it will be a high mark out of 100? :smile:
Reply 6
I thought it was tricky, a lot of M10 stuff in there! My teacher told me about 35/50 on each paper for an A. Hopefully the boundaries are lowered, think they should be...
Reply 7
lol seems like alot did, well i think i got a big fat lousy low A minus!! it was hard ...will post answers soon
think i'm on about a completely different exam because i did a maths GCSE ocr exam paper on jan 11th but the exam was out of 100 and today i have done another exam maths GCSE ocr and it was out of 100. The first one was unit 3 and the 2nd was a unit 4 paper. Did all of you did these two papers or not?:smile:
Reply 9
oliver, I've done the same papers as you.
Paper 3H on the 11th of January, I wasn't very happy with how that one went.
However Paper 4H on the 16th January went so much better. They're both out of 100 and to reach the A* mark you need to achieve 84% overall.
Having calculated what I think I did I may have achieved it, how do you think you did??????
:smile: good luck!
hmmm, my maths teacher said you had to get around 70% on each paper to achieve an A*? and if we're on about the same paper, was the 1st question on paper 4H about the difference between a book in different currency and it said what is the difference between both books and it gave you an exchange rate between £'s and euro's? and well done you must have done pretty well and i think if it is around 70% on both papers then i might have done it and if it is 84% and we actually are on about the same paper then im screwed ahaah. :smile:
Reply 11
what did u get on paper 4 for the 5 mark cylinder and sphere question i got 2.5 did anyone get that answer?
daizy, in the second paper was their a 7 mark question about pantomime tickets?
Reply 13
oliver-
i DON'T remember there being a seven mark question on pantomine tickets :s
but then again maybe there was!!
when do you get your results?
I have to wait until March.
.Ahhhh so I need around 70% on both to get an A* then you reckon? Or is that just for your paper????????
Reply 14
oliver this is the link to the paper 3H i sat, was yours the same as this one????????????

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1893084
ahhh no i did a different paper to you!

Renegade or Wilson did you do a paper with a 7 mark pantomime question on it?
Reply 16
Original post by eco123
what did u get on paper 4 for the 5 mark cylinder and sphere question i got 2.5 did anyone get that answer?

i am 100% sure that u got the correct answer, ... i got the same.
how did you all do in your math results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending