Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

no housemates for 2nd year?

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 14-09-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a messy situation so I'm moving out, and they already have a replacement so i can't stay. One of my friends showed interest in moving in with me, and she told me she may have two other girls moving in so we can be a four. However, those two girls are dropping out, so it will be just us two, and I'm worried bills may work out more expensive. It may be lonely with just two people as well.

I have a group of lovely friends who I'd like to live with though, and one of their housemates (the idiot who know one likes) is moving out. I know living with them would be awesome! But I can't leave my friend, because she wont have anywhere to stay, what do i do? Should i ditch her (I wouldn't have the heart to), or should i live with her and find new roomies through the internet? What do i do?
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    The first thing I would be extremely keen to do in your situation....Learn to spell and address the grammar issues you have, as well as learning to reiterate in my head that posting on TSR is not the equivalent of a text message.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TruetoMyself)
    The first thing I would be extremely keen to do in your situation....Learn to spell and address the grammar issues you have, as well as learning to reiterate in my head that posting on TSR is not the equivalent of a text message.
    this, OP, your post is a little confused, what exactly is your problem?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelshmaylevel92)
    im in a messy situation so im moving out, and i alredi have a replacement so i cant stay, one of my friends showed interest inmoving in with me, n she told me she may have 2 other girls moving in so we can be a 4, but those 2 girls are dropping out, so then it will be just us 2 and im worried bills may work out more expensive wit just 2 people, n it may be lonely with just 2 people aswell, i have a group of lovely friends who id like to live with though, n they hav 1 of their housemates ( the idiot who know one likes) is moving out n i know for sure living with them would be awesome! but i cant leave my friend, cuz she wont have anywhere to stay, what do i do? should i ditch her?(i wouldnt have the heart to) should i live with her n find new roomies through the internet? what do i do?
    Would it not be possible to find a house in which all of you can live? Explain your friend's situation to the other group to see if there is room for compromise.

It would pretty much be a friendship-breaker if you leave her when she is relying on moving in with you... If you can't find a house in which all of you can live, I suggest you see if you can find any other friends that are looking for residences and ask if they want to live with you two.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alison1992)
    this, OP, your post is a little confused, what exactly is your problem?
    OP and her friend were originally going to live in a house with two other girls, but those two other girls have now dropped out. Two people living together may be lonely and the bills will be expensive. OP has another group of friends with whom she can live, but that would mean ditching her friend who has nowhere else to stay. Should she stick with her friend and see if she can find other people who want to live with them, or should she ditch her and move in with her other group of friends?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    im in a messy situation so im moving out, and i alredi have a replacement so i cant stay, one of my friends showed interest inmoving in with me, n she told me she may have 2 other girls moving in so we can be a 4, but those 2 girls are dropping out, so then it will be just us 2 and im worried bills may work out more expensive wit just 2 people, n it may be lonely with just 2 people aswell, i have a group of lovely friends who id like to live with though, n they hav 1 of their housemates ( the idiot who know one likes) is moving out n i know for sure living with them would be awesome! but i cant leave my friend, cuz she wont have anywhere to stay, what do i do? should i ditch her?(i wouldnt have the heart to) should i live with her n find new roomies through the internet? what do i do?

Aside from the grammar issues...
    I think you should talk to your friend about the possibility of you taking that room with your other friends and see what she thinks about it. She might be happy for you to live with them so that she can find somewhere on the internet or something.
    It's possible that she might have another option and not want to ditch you for it, but if she hasn't and she doesn't want you to live with your other friends, then you're going to have to find some new housemates online realistically. Living with 3 other people can be lonely, let alone 1 :/
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    TruetoMyself, don't be a ****.

The OP's is actually asking for genuine advice. Grow up.

-First of all, make sure you talk to all of you're friends and slip in the conversation your looking for someone (just talk about who they are living with etc nd where)
    -Purpose to your group of friends that they have an extra person on board and look for a different property?

I wouldn't suggest ditching her tbh, Uni is a time for friend making not losing friends
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have corrected the spelling and grammar issues now

(i.e. please just give advice from now on)
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a messy situation so I'm moving out, and they already have a replacement so i can't stay. One of my friends showed interest in moving in with me, and she told me she may have two other girls moving in so we can be a four. However, those two girls are dropping out, so it will be just us two, and I'm worried bills may work out more expensive. It may be lonely with just two people as well.

I have a group of lovely friends who I'd like to live with though, and one of their housemates (the idiot who know one likes) is moving out. I know living with them would be awesome! But I can't leave my friend, because she wont have anywhere to stay, what do i do? Should i ditch her (I wouldn't have the heart to), or should i live with her and find new roomies through the internet? What do i do?
    lol A mod modified your message because of incorrect text speak and bad sentence structure.
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    stay in Student accomadation???? Just a suggestion

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 4, 2012
New on TSR

Writing your personal statement

Our free PS builder tool makes it easy

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.