The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

For future reference for anyone who has firmed and wants questions answering, just quote either myself, alex2606, Rachel08 or yahyahyahs and we'll try and answer any questions you have :smile:

alex2606
hello

Rachel08
hello

yahyahyahs
hello

Original post by natty_d
Quote me too :h:
<-- done :wink:

We're always happy to help! :biggrin:
(edited 12 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
It's my firm choice! American and Canadian Studies :smile:
Planning to firm Computer Science, not actually been to the UNI yet, but have been invited to book an applicant day.
Reply 4
Original post by Black_Jack
Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!

I've just firmed for Pharmacy. I hadn't been until my interview and it won me over straight away! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Black_Jack

Firmed for pharmacy, unconditional! :smile: what are you going to be studying?
Reply 6
Original post by Panamanap
I've just firmed for Pharmacy. I hadn't been until my interview and it won me over straight away! :smile:

yay fellow pharmacist! see you in september! :biggrin:
Reply 7
I plan on firming nottingham when the rest of my Uni's get back to me.
Firmed!!!!
I don't think I will be firming it, I will possibly insure it. :smile: I've heard the campus is rather beautiful and it does have prestige in the UK.
Reply 10
Planning to firm - Computer Science :smile:
Original post by Sophie1805
Firmed!!!!

Firmed over Durham?
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
Firmed over Durham?

Not everyone is a prestige whore. I'm turning down LSE for Warwick or Nottingham.

Shock horror.
Reply 13
Original post by Tsunami2011
Not everyone is a prestige whore. I'm turning down LSE for Warwick or Nottingham.

Shock horror.

You've ruined your life

Im going to the LSE

go Shottingham and bye bye to a 6 figure salary

Shock horror.

But the majority are, and Nottingham is hardly lacking prestige so your argument is invalid anyway, unless you can read my mind you can have no idea what I was implying. Although you are right, the main reason being it would be better to study his/her chosen subject at a target uni. I.e Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, Durham. Just saying.

As for yourself it depends on the course, if it's economically based then let's just say you haven't done yourself any favors by rejecting LSE and Warwick. But like I said, Nottingham is a great Uni, I wouldn't have applied if it wasn't.
But the majority are, and Nottingham is hardly lacking prestige so your argument is invalid anyway, unless you can read my mind you can have no idea what I was implying. Although you are right, the main reason being it would be better to study his/her chosen subject at a target uni. I.e Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick, Durham. Just saying.

As for yourself it depends on the course, if it's economically based then let's just say you haven't done yourself any favors by rejecting LSE and Warwick. But like I said, Nottingham is a great Uni, I wouldn't have applied if it wasn't.

I don't think that's quite true to be honest. It's the minority who have the mentality of 'top six are bust' That 'target' uni ethos is only relevant to investment banking, so unless the person in question is interested in banking, then I doubt her prospects will be affected much. Also, Durham isn't actually a 'target' it's on the same scale as Nottingham for banking.

It's not Economics. It's Law, and Nottingham is one of the top law schools in the country, so If I did choose to go to Nottingham, I doubt I'd be doing myself much harm. it'd probably only be my insurance anyway. Are LSE/Warwick really seen as considerably superior to Nottingham? I'm not sure.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
Hopin to firm nottingham soon... Got an interview next week !!
:/ Wish me luck :smile:
Original post by Mid2011
Hopin to firm nottingham soon... Got an interview next week !!
:/ Wish me luck :smile:

Good luck:smile: Don't mind the imbecile above.
I don't think that's quite true to be honest. It's the minority who have the mentality of 'top six are bust' That 'target' uni ethos is only relevant to investment banking, so unless the person in question is interested in banking, then I doubt her prospects will be affected much. Also, Durham isn't actually a 'target' it's on the same scale as Nottingham for banking.

It's not Economics. It's Law, and Nottingham is one of the top law schools in the country, so If I did choose to go to Nottingham, I doubt I'd be doing myself much harm. it'd probably only be my insurance anyway. Are LSE/Warwick really seen as considerably superior to Nottingham? I'm sure.

I agree, it is only relevant to IB, not just IB, but a few other related fields also. I'm hoping to enter finance, possibly IB, so Warwick would give me a guaranteed shot at a job at the end of my degree/masters. Yeah you're right on the Durham point, sorry my fault.

Warwick is considerably only for Maths (by miles) as is LSE, althoug Notts is not too far behind for Economics at all. Nottingham has one of the best economic departments in the country. Warwick isn't great for Law but LSE would give you an egde, one of my best friends did a two week work experience at Pincent Masons where he learnt about their firm and also increased his knowledge of the Magic Circle, the top law firms who recruit selectively, give you an advantage coming from LSE/Oxbridge. Glad to hear you won't be firming Nottingham if your plan is to go into Law.
I agree, it is only relevant to IB, not just IB, but a few other related fields also. I'm hoping to enter finance, possibly IB, so Warwick would give me a guaranteed shot at a job at the end of my degree/masters. Yeah you're right on the Durham point, sorry my fault.

Warwick is considerably only for Maths (by miles) as is LSE, althoug Notts is not too far behind for Economics at all. Nottingham has one of the best economic departments in the country. Warwick isn't great for Law but LSE would give you an egde, one of my best friends did a two week work experience at Pincent Masons where he learnt about their firm and also increased his knowledge of the Magic Circle, the top law firms who recruit selectively, give you an advantage coming from LSE/Oxbridge. Glad to hear you won't be firming Nottingham if your plan is to go into Law.

I guess that's true. I have no intention of going to LSE, so hopefully Warwick will be a sufficient springboard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending