Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Firmed it about an hour ago but I am getting

"You are not permitted to login because:

Our records indicate we are not your FIRM choice from UCAS."

When trying to apply for accommodation.

Worth giving them a ring tomorrow or will this sort itself out?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Bea492
But it's not really fair. They opened the accommodation apps very early a month before all decisions SHOULD be in. I can't help it that certain places are dragging their feet. I applied in early October so I couldn't have given much more time. And a lot of Unis do allocate Unconditionals first as they know they will definitely be taking their place. I think I'll call admissions and see what they say. If I don't get UP I don't really want to come:s-smilie:

I don't know what the actual policy is, but it seemed that it was very much first-come-first-serve. The chances of you not getting UP is pretty low considering many who ended up on the waiting list got housed. One of my friends who had Notts as an insurance managed to get onto the waiting list and into a hall. I'm not saying you won't definitely, but I wouldn't leave it until May.
Reply 402
Original post by Vom

It'll sort itself out.. it can take up to 2 working days for UCAS to 'officially' inform the university. Mine went through in about 2 hours so just give it some time and try every hour or so.. :redface:
Reply 403
Original post by yahyahyahs
I don't know what the actual policy is, but it seemed that it was very much first-come-first-serve. The chances of you not getting UP is pretty low considering many who ended up on the waiting list got housed. One of my friends who had Notts as an insurance managed to get onto the waiting list and into a hall. I'm not saying you won't definitely, but I wouldn't leave it until May.

Hi, what would you say the latest you could apply for accommodation and still safely get UP?
Original post by Ouzo
Hi, what would you say the latest you could apply for accommodation and still safely get UP?

Probably end of this month - there's like 4000 bed spaces on UP, so don't worry just yet, but as I said, last year the waiting list had to close by mid-April.
Original post by Bea492
But it's not really fair. They opened the accommodation apps very early a month before all decisions SHOULD be in. I can't help it that certain places are dragging their feet. I applied in early October so I couldn't have given much more time. And a lot of Unis do allocate Unconditionals first as they know they will definitely be taking their place. I think I'll call admissions and see what they say. If I don't get UP I don't really want to come:s-smilie:

Well they allocate it to the people who firm first because they are the ones who know as soon as they visited/got accepted that they want to attend. I withdrew from one of uni's last year so that I could apply early. Also its easier for them to do it on a rolling basis (so start allocating housing as soon as people apply) due to the high number of first years.
Original post by Vom

it took about a day for me last year. so leave it a few days and it should sort itself out. Also at this point you should still get your top choice.
Original post by Ouzo

probably end of this month or right at the beginning of april. But a lot of people got it even if they end up on the wait list however you might not get your first choice of room type.
Reply 408
Are there specific types of UP catered accommodation that get filled up more quickly than others? I'm decided on firming whatever other offers I get but still have two replies pending and am keen on seeing the result of these. If I apply late march/early april, is it reasonable to say there will still be all room categories to choose from?
Reply 409
Hello, I've firmed Nottingham and confused by accomodation. I know i want to go self catered but was wondering where others are applying..? I've heard there aren't as many first years at BGP is this true? and that most first years are at St. Peter's Court, which looks good but is so far away from university park, are the buses to and from uni really regular and convienient?? Any help would be much apprciated, thaaaaanks.
Original post by KC*
Hello, I've firmed Nottingham and confused by accomodation. I know i want to go self catered but was wondering where others are applying..? I've heard there aren't as many first years at BGP is this true? and that most first years are at St. Peter's Court, which looks good but is so far away from university park, are the buses to and from uni really regular and convienient?? Any help would be much apprciated, thaaaaanks.

SPC buses are free, run every 20 mins, and from 8am to 9pm.
Original post by KC*

Wrong about BGP. Around 85% of the people here are first years and the rest are other years + postgrads. Bare in mind there are over 2200 people at Broadgate in comparison to the 300+ at St Peters Court, so I think you must've got your wires crossed at some point. But there are buses from St Peters are regular intervals to campus and back so if you did decide to go there you'd be able to get back and forward easy enough :smile:
Original post by NAC06
Are there specific types of UP catered accommodation that get filled up more quickly than others? I'm decided on firming whatever other offers I get but still have two replies pending and am keen on seeing the result of these. If I apply late march/early april, is it reasonable to say there will still be all room categories to choose from?

Based on what it was like last years it's unlikely. Though there isn't much difference between the quality of the rooms regardless of what room type you go for. They're all pretty big.
Reply 413
Original post by CharleyChester
Wrong about BGP. Around 85% of the people here are first years and the rest are other years + postgrads. Bare in mind there are over 2200 people at Broadgate in comparison to the 300+ at St Peters Court, so I think you must've got your wires crossed at some point. But there are buses from St Peters are regular intervals to campus and back so if you did decide to go there you'd be able to get back and forward easy enough :smile:

Thanks, Yeah I'm getting quite confused by lots of different information! But thats really good to know! Do you by chance know anything about cost of taxis to BGP from town..? Or how late buses run from town to BGP? Thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Reply 414
Original post by dsinghdahiya257
SPC buses are free, run every 20 mins, and from 8am to 9pm.

Thanks, very helpful! :smile:
Original post by KC*
Thanks, Yeah I'm getting quite confused by lots of different information! But thats really good to know! Do you by chance know anything about cost of taxis to BGP from town..? Or how late buses run from town to BGP? Thanks a lot for your help :smile:

Taxi from town to BGP is around £9 or £10, but if there are like 5 of you getting a taxi back then it's pretty much nothing. Friday and Saturday night, the buses run all night past BGP and then on weekdays and Sunday I think they run til like 1/4 to 1? But theres always the Indigo bus which although much more expensive at night, runs 24/7 :smile: The orange line buses (34/35/36/37) and the Y36 and Y34 are all £1 with your student id too.
Reply 416
How is the nightlife in Nottingham? Anyone that has also been out in brighton compare the two?
Reply 417
Original post by CharleyChester
Taxi from town to BGP is around £9 or £10, but if there are like 5 of you getting a taxi back then it's pretty much nothing. Friday and Saturday night, the buses run all night past BGP and then on weekdays and Sunday I think they run til like 1/4 to 1? But theres always the Indigo bus which although much more expensive at night, runs 24/7 :smile: The orange line buses (34/35/36/37) and the Y36 and Y34 are all £1 with your student id too.

Brilliant, thank you I have chosen BGP for my first choice :smile: Thanks for all your help! :smile:
Reply 418
hey you guys I was just wondering what your portal says? cause mine hasnt changed since I got my unconditional offer! Shouldn't it say I firmed or something atleast? :s-smilie:
Original post by ggurl3
hey you guys I was just wondering what your portal says? cause mine hasnt changed since I got my unconditional offer! Shouldn't it say I firmed or something atleast? :s-smilie:

Underneath the green banner saying 'Conditional' mine says:

We are delighted that you have chosen this course at the University of Nottingham as your Firm choice. Thank you for choosing to study at our University.

You will need to meet any outstanding conditions to your offer of a place at the University before you can register.

We look forward to welcoming you here in September.In the meantime, if you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.

So yes, I think it is supposed to change. Give it time though, it might just take a while :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending