The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ClaraCluck
there's no ensuite left in broadgate i don't know what to do now :frown: any ideas, i've confirmed childrens nursing for september xx

Try and apply for Raleigh Park? Popular with the nurses, pharmacists and medical students, its loads closer to the QMC and nursing school but obvs a little further away from the main campus. Im doing adult nursing in september and it is really nice at Raleigh. I went to visit a show room and it was lovely. That could be another possibility? :smile:
Heres the link to their website: http://www.derwentstudents.com/student-accommodation/Nottingham/Raleigh_Park/
Theres also pictures on the Notts website :smile: x
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by lthomas
Hi I have a conditional offer for nursing and have applied for rayliegh park ! :smile: any other nurses? or people that are going to stay in rayliegh park? x

Yup mee! :smile: Im doing Adult Nursing starting in September :smile: good thing as well, at Raleigh Park like to put a few nurses together so we are not lonely which i though was good ahaha x
Original post by Sampanther101
yessss meee! :biggrin: :biggrin: x

:biggrin:...where abouts will you be? I'll be in madison court flat 6 if I get the grades :smile:
Original post by BeccaAnne94
:biggrin:...where abouts will you be? I'll be in madison court flat 6 if I get the grades :smile:

Im in sillitoe court flat 16 :biggrin: xx
Original post by Black_Jack
Thought I’d start a thread for everyone who’s received an offer and is firming Nottingham for 2012! Good opportunity to meet people you’ll be starting with in September and ask any questions about Nottingham life etc to people already there! :smile:

Quote me with the subject you'll be studying - and it should make it easier finding people starting the course with you!

Mental Health Nursing! :smile:
been given St Peter's Court, studying child nursing, anyone else in this accommodation?
Electrical and Electronics Engineering with MAnagement Studies, anyone? (:
Original post by lauraax
Anyone staying at Peverell block C?? :smile:

I'm in block C! :smile: 1st floor :biggrin:
Reply 868
Original post by BeccaAnne94

hey I'm in madision court flat 8 ! It's great to know some people who are close :smile:
Reply 869
Planning on studying BA Music at Nottingham! Also got accommodation in Ancaster Hall :smile: anyone else with either of those?
I've firmed this university. I'm going to be doing Mechanical Engineering but I'll most probably attempt to switch over to Mathematics because it's the best :party2:. It's because my sixth form didn't host further maths so I didn't feel secure applying as my friends told me I needed further maths, but that was because I was originally applying to Cambridge which I never did in the end.

I'm most probably staying in University Park or some place 15 minutes out with a gym.
Reply 871
maths!
lincoln halls
hopefully! :smile:
Reply 872
Can someone tell me how big is a single study in lincoln hall
and is the hall nice overall?
Reply 873
Hello everyone!
I've been given an offer (single study) for Sherwood Hall, can anyone tell me how it is?? :smile:

I'm sure all of the halls are really nice, just wanted to know if you guys like it there!
Original post by mg21093
Planning on studying BA Music at Nottingham! Also got accommodation in Ancaster Hall :smile: anyone else with either of those?

Yes to ancaster :smile: But Physics instead :biggrin:
Original post by br2pi5
Hello everyone!
I've been given an offer (single study) for Sherwood Hall, can anyone tell me how it is?? :smile:

I'm sure all of the halls are really nice, just wanted to know if you guys like it there!

I've seen Sherwood hall and been inside and it's pretty nice yeh. Good location if you're into sports and the rooms were good.
Reply 876
Hi there!
I've been given an offer for shared ensuite in Lincoln Hall - does anyone know what it's like there? :smile:
Reply 877
Anyone at Lincoln hall studying Mechanical Engineering?
Reply 878
Hi, I know I'm quite late at this, but I havent applied for any accomodation and single study's the only one left! :frown:

Can anyone recommend me an accomodation that is

1) Near the law faculty and
2) Has a sink as I udnerstand that not all rooms have sinks
3) Has a relatively larger international community

Thank you for your help!
Reply 879
Original post by tyt93
Hi, I know I'm quite late at this, but I havent applied for any accomodation and single study's the only one left! :frown:

Can anyone recommend me an accomodation that is

1) Near the law faculty and
2) Has a sink as I udnerstand that not all rooms have sinks
3) Has a relatively larger international community

Thank you for your help!

Hugh Stewart and Cripps Hall are closest to the Law and Social Sciences building. They're both only about 5 minutes away. I was in Cripps and the rooms are big and I think all of them have sinks, all the people I knew had them. There wasn't that many international students at Cripps but there were some exchange students from US and Germany.

I think nearly all of the halls have sinks in the rooms but when you apply you can ask for one in the other requirements box if you want. I'm not sure about the percentages of international students in different halls though, I imagine it's about the same. Broadgate Park has lots of international students but that's off campus and is self catered.

I hope that helps a bit!

Quick Reply