The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 880
Hii, I'm doing psychology with cognitive neuroscience, and got a place for Willoughby for a shared ensuite, anyone else? :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 881
Original post by Ameena
Hii, I'm doing psychology with cognitive neuroscience, and got a place for Willoughby for a shared ensuite, anyone else? :smile:

I'm in Willoughby too! :smile: But I've got a single study. But I'm doing Biochemistry and Molecular Medicine
Anyone else going to be living in Newark hall? :smile:
Reply 883
Original post by tyt93
Hi, I know I'm quite late at this, but I havent applied for any accomodation and single study's the only one left! :frown:

Can anyone recommend me an accomodation that is

1) Near the law faculty and
2) Has a sink as I udnerstand that not all rooms have sinks
3) Has a relatively larger international community

Thank you for your help!

Oh hi! I'm a Law student too! :biggrin: In terms of distance, catered halls in UP are nearest to the LASS building as catered halls are actually in the campus itself. Unfortunately, you cannot choose which hall you prefer as catered halls are randomly allocated. So there is a chance of you getting a hall that is at the opposite end of the campus. Self-catered halls are located outside of the campus and Broadgate Park is the nearest to the Law faculty. I don't think Broadgate have sinks in their rooms, but some catered halls do have them. As far as I know, there are quite a number of international students in Broadgate.

Hope this helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Ameena

I'm going to be in a shared ensuite in Willoughby too! Hi there!
Hi, for halls in University Park campus are we supposed to receive confirmation of our acceptance of the accommodation offer? Thanks :smile:
Original post by giraffegiraffe
Hi, for halls in University Park campus are we supposed to receive confirmation of our acceptance of the accommodation offer? Thanks :smile:

I don't think we receive confirmation cause I didn't, but you should be able to check the status of your accommodation in the portal. my.nottingham.ac.uk

Same sign in details as the applicants portal. :smile:
Original post by BeccaAnne94
I did a pros and cons list because I couldn't choose between Broadgate and Raleigh Park :smile:.

I think the thing that won it in the end is that Raleigh is between the 2 hospitals and it's the cheapest accommodation :smile:.

Let me know when you've decided!

I finally decided on St Peters. Court, its like 5 mins away from Raleigh and I really wanted an en-suite! Free bus to QMC and free gym too :smile: Just got to wait to hear back now! xx
Reply 888
Hey guys!
Is there any way one could change the hall they were assigned (within the campus)? :K:
Original post by br2pi5
Hey guys!
Is there any way one could change the hall they were assigned (within the campus)? :K:

If you email accommodation office there may may be a small chance you can change.

I know someone changed a few weeks ago, but it was when accom offers had just started to come out so there was more flexibility with changing.
Original post by inceje
Hey :smile:
Im going to be studying psychology and cognitive neuroscience, what about you? :smile: x

Politics *fingers crossed* where abouts are you from? x
Original post by ClaraCluck
been given St Peter's Court, studying child nursing, anyone else in this accommodation?

Hi, I just applied for accommodation at St. Peter's Court and i'm doing Mental Health Nursing! How long did it take for you to hear back once you'd applied for accommodation and was st. peter's your first choice? x
Reply 892
Original post by semi-skimmed
Yes to ancaster :smile: But Physics instead :biggrin:

I'm in Ancaster too! But doing Pharmacy.
Original post by d-maryellen.
Hi, I just applied for accommodation at St. Peter's Court and i'm doing Mental Health Nursing! How long did it take for you to hear back once you'd applied for accommodation and was st. peter's your first choice? x
yeah st peters was my first choice, i did have a look at broadgate but there were no ensuites left, it took about 2 weeks in total before i got my offer, really excited about starting in september, just hope i get the grades now xx
Original post by Wendy21
I'm in Ancaster too! But doing Pharmacy.

We're getting a few of us at Ancaster! Hopefully see you there :biggrin:
Reply 895
Original post by Victoriiia:)
Politics *fingers crossed* where abouts are you from? x

Good Luck!! :smile: Berkshire, you? x
Original post by oliviagunapalan
I don't think we receive confirmation cause I didn't, but you should be able to check the status of your accommodation in the portal. my.nottingham.ac.uk

Same sign in details as the applicants portal. :smile:

thanks!!:smile:
Original post by ClaraCluck
yeah st peters was my first choice, i did have a look at broadgate but there were no ensuites left, it took about 2 weeks in total before i got my offer, really excited about starting in september, just hope i get the grades now xx

I'm thinking of firming Nottingham. are accommodation first come first served? x
Original post by coco-pops3
I'm thinking of firming Nottingham. are accommodation first come first served? x

Yep, and applications opened in March, so people are beginning to be told they'll have to wait till August to know what accommodation they're getting, so if you decide to go to Notts, apply as soon as possible! :smile:
Reply 899
Original post by d-maryellen.

Hey I am in St Peters Court, it took my application 10 days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending