The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Black_Jack
I hope so... Accommodation applications next month - exciting times. Really torn between UP and Broadgate... hmmmm :s-smilie:

Broadgate, Broadgate, Broadgate!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
Which is a good catered accommodation close to the Law school?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82
Original post by CharleyChester
Broadgate, Broadgate, Broadgate!

Hahaha, bias much? :wink:
Original post by MoonUnit2
Which is a good catered accommodation close to the Law school?

HughStu and Cripps are pretty close. Sherwood, Derby and Lincoln are within 10 minutes away. I'd say Rutland too, but everyone hates them...

EDIT: I don't know if this will be the case this year, but people applying for UP last year didn't get a choice about where they were placed.

Hahaha, bias much? :wink:

Bias? Whatever do you mean :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
What are HughStu and Cripps like as halls? Everyone seems to want to stay there on UP but I have no clue as to why? :confused:
Reply 85
What are HughStu and Cripps like as halls? Everyone seems to want to stay there on UP but I have no clue as to why? :confused:

Because they are near to most of the academic buildings. That does not mean that they are the only good halls.
Reply 86
HughStu and Cripps are pretty close. Sherwood, Derby and Lincoln are within 10 minutes away. I'd say Rutland too, but everyone hates them...

EDIT: I don't know if this will be the case this year, but people applying for UP last year didn't get a choice about where they were placed.

Bias? Whatever do you mean :wink:

Everyone does not ahte Rutlanders. Tnhey are just told they ought to on arrival but it all soon goes away. A bit childish really.
Reply 87
Why the initial hate for Rutlanders then? People must be gutted if they end up there
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by olddad
Everyone does not ahte Rutlanders. Tnhey are just told they ought to on arrival but it all soon goes away. A bit childish really.

Are you from Rutland? (i'mjokingobviously)

Why the initial hate for Rutlanders then? People must be gutted if they end up there

No idea really, Broadgate just has a hate for everyone in Catered halls. It's not even hate, it's just we have a cool chant about them haha.
Reply 89
Are you from Rutland? (i'mjokingobviously)

No idea really, Broadgate just has a hate for everyone in Catered halls. It's not even hate, it's just we have a cool chant about them haha.

Please share - I want to hear this :colone:
Please share - I want to hear this :colone:

I'll message you, i don't think the mods would like it...
Reply 91

Never did work out where it came from but it was quite silly. People I know who were in Rutland really liked it.
Reply 92

there is an actual story/reason behind the hate, you get told it during freshers week.

the only times it is an issue are freshers week and mr/mrs nottingham
Reply 93
Original post by Sandra1993
there is an actual story/reason behind the hate, you get told it during freshers week.

the only times it is an issue are freshers week and mr/mrs nottingham

There are a number of stories, I know. But they all relate to the past and have nothing to do with new Rutlanders.

Just did some digging, it's because they cheated in Karni by getting loads of people to write cheques for them, which then bounced after the final totals had been counted.
Reply 95
Just did some digging, it's because they cheated in Karni by getting loads of people to write cheques for them, which then bounced after the final totals had been counted.

:gasp::unimpressed:
Reply 96
Original post by Sandra1993
its fine! don't worry about!
there is a personal preference block where you can say if you have a disability/ need storage and thats where i put which hall i wanted to be in.
Well for breakfast there is cereal, hot food and toast (plenty of options though i never actually go to it, I'm not a morning person)
Lunch, you can eat anywhere on campus so it shouldn't be an issue, you can get chinese, pasta, soup, omelets, baguettes, pretty much anything
Dinner, there are usually 2 meat options and 1 or 2 vege options for a main plate plus sometimes they have quiches or something you can get instead. There is also yogurt and fruit available, plus a potato and 2 or hot vegetables plus a salad bar and also soup and bread.

For my single study, the first floor has 6 people and one bathroom, the second floor has 6 people and 2 bathrooms and the third floor has 3 people and 2 bathrooms plus a tutor flat which has its on bathroom. But this totally depends on the block you are. But there has never been an issue of there not being a bathroom free plus if you are in a single study then your bathrooms get cleaned every week day. So i don't think you really need to pay the extra for a private shared bathroom or a ensuite. Also I find ensuite bathrooms are not big. In Cripps the private shared bathrooms are big and do have bathtubs which can be a plus but its not the same in all halls.

If you have anymore questions let me know!

Hi I'm sorry really stupid question but will going for a Private shared bathroom mean that there will be less people on my floor? Cause you said your third floor has on three people :frown: Im supppper excited and I would prefer sharing my bathroom with less people but I want to be on a floor with like lots of people the bathroom is really my second concern :tongue: any help? im sorry again for the dumb question :tongue:
Reply 97
Original post by ggurl3
Hi I'm sorry really stupid question but will going for a Private shared bathroom mean that there will be less people on my floor? Cause you said your third floor has on three people :frown: Im supppper excited and I would prefer sharing my bathroom with less people but I want to be on a floor with like lots of people the bathroom is really my second concern :tongue: any help? im sorry again for the dumb question :tongue:

no.. it just depends on the set up of your block. My third floor has 3 people because there is a tutors flat. But not all block have tutors flat. And the set up of the blocks is different from hall to hall. So what you get in Cripps will be different then what you get in say Florence Boot
Reply 98
anyone thinking of OPAL?
Just firmed Nottingham for Economics and International Economics (L160) :smile:

Quick Reply