Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham 2012 Firmers!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by Jin3011
Thank goodness they saw something in me. I was stuttering like a bitch in my interview; I knew next to nothing about the career itself haha:tongue:. Ah I see. That price is very reasonable:biggrin: && How could you hate chemistry?:unimpressed: I mean, it's like the best A-Level out there XD. As for Psychology however, that's a whole different story.

I quote what I said to Olivia a few weeks ago on facebook while moaning about my AS retake "How can you stand doing a chemistry-related course?!" :tongue: All the organic reactions made me go dizzy. Urgh.. The only time during chemistry class I look forward to is the lab where I can make all sorts of funny coloured compounds :biggrin:

Clearly the best A-level is Maths! HAHAHA
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Jin3011
In college, chem was more my thing. I enjoyed the fact that once you learnt he theory behind something, you can apply it to anything:tongue: Biology was more of a chore. I cannot tell you the last time I managed to stay awake during a 2-hour biology lesson:indiff:. Though in all fairness, I doze off in 2-hour chemistry lessons too. Damn my short concentration span:mad:! lol. We've dissected a sheeps heart and cows eyeball - quite fun; makes you appreciate how tough our organs are. Was funny one time when a girl forcefully poked the cow eye with a scalpel, and the watery vitreous humour squirted on her face.

Yeah I think Biology is more of a self-study subject, can't count the numerous times my mind wandered in class, even better yet, sometimes I didn't show up for class because of the double period. (it counts as 2 absentees :unimpressed:) Worst thing was the teacher went to the same uni as my mum so I had to be on my best behaviour (I tried). :frown:

Original post by Akiraryuu
I quote what I said to Olivia a few weeks ago on facebook while moaning about my AS retake "How can you stand doing a chemistry-related course?!" :tongue: All the organic reactions made me go dizzy. Urgh.. The only time during chemistry class I look forward to is the lab where I can make all sorts of funny coloured compounds :biggrin:

Clearly the best A-level is Maths! HAHAHA

OMG Maths?? I'm so bad at Math it makes me want to cry, especially statistics! Will you have to learn any Math in Law though? Yes funny coloured compounds are the best, but not when you get them on your lab coat though. :colondollar:
Reply 982
Original post by oliviagunapalan
OMG Maths?? I'm so bad at Math it makes me want to cry, especially statistics! Will you have to learn any Math in Law though? Yes funny coloured compounds are the best, but not when you get them on your lab coat though. :colondollar:

Nope, you don't do maths in Law. Oooh, I hate statistics! Actually, I hate doing applied maths - statistics, mechanics etc.. I was complaining the entire semester when I had to take stats and mechanics :tongue:

I know what you mean! That iodine stain on my lab coat refuses to go away! :angry: And I remember having a compound with concentrated acid overflowed in my test tube and my fingers were feeling the pain for the whole day!
Nope, you don't do maths in Law. Oooh, I hate statistics! Actually, I hate doing applied maths - statistics, mechanics etc.. I was complaining the entire semester when I had to take stats and mechanics :tongue:

I know what you mean! That iodine stain on my lab coat refuses to go away! :angry: And I remember having a compound with concentrated acid overflowed in my test tube and my fingers were feeling the pain for the whole day!

Ooh yes the acid is nasty stuff. When we handle like really strong acids my teacher would be constantly yelling and warning us to keep it in the fume cupboard. Though she did like to scare us quite a bit. :P
Reply 984
Ooh yes the acid is nasty stuff. When we handle like really strong acids my teacher would be constantly yelling and warning us to keep it in the fume cupboard. Though she did like to scare us quite a bit. :P

I was doing that experiment in the fume cupboard. Was supposed to put in the acid drop by drop but I just squeezed the whole dropper amount in one shot :tongue: The whole solution in the test tube became super hot and bubbled up!
Anyone know how lenient Nottingham are with people who miss their offer by one grade? For language courses in particular. I need AAB to do French and Spanish, but after my History exam on Tuesday I really think ABB is more likely. Would I still have a chance if I got these grades, d'you reckon?
Original post by adam.farrow
I'm firmed for Politics and American Studies. Guessing I'll be seeing you in September as long a we both get out grades!

Oooo yay!! However after my philosophy today I'm not to sure!! What have you put as your accomadation?? What are studying at the moment??

X x x
I was doing that experiment in the fume cupboard. Was supposed to put in the acid drop by drop but I just squeezed the whole dropper amount in one shot :tongue: The whole solution in the test tube became super hot and bubbled up!

Ouch! So that's how the acid got on your fingers? :O Did you get any burns?
Reply 988
Ouch! So that's how the acid got on your fingers? :O Did you get any burns?

Nope, no burns. Dropped the test tube on the fume cupboard and ran to the sinks like a mad woman because I don't know how to operate the water pipe built into the fume cupboard :tongue:
Original post by Liam6993
Anyone know how lenient Nottingham are with people who miss their offer by one grade? For language courses in particular. I need AAB to do French and Spanish, but after my History exam on Tuesday I really think ABB is more likely. Would I still have a chance if I got these grades, d'you reckon?

It totally depends on if they've still got places available. They over-subscribe because they know some people will miss their offers and drop out. You've got a fairly specific joint honours so it may be more likely because of that, I don't know. Notts is a popular uni though.

Don't worry, you're not the only one though; I'm thinking I'm going to miss mine by one grade too!
Original post by mg21093
Planning on studying BA Music at Nottingham! Also got accommodation in Ancaster Hall :smile: anyone else with either of those?

im also hoping to do music at notts and im in lincoln hall.. although im so worried im not going to get the grades at this point :s-smilie:
Reply 991
Do you guys think I'll still get in even if i miss my offer by one grade? D:
Because its for a foundation year in engineering, d'you think its under subscribed and they'll still let me in?
Reply 992
Original post by Meganjones
Oooo yay!! However after my philosophy today I'm not to sure!! What have you put as your accomadation?? What are studying at the moment??

X x x

I'm in private accom off campus, at the minute I'm studying history, media studies and the sciences. You?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Galaxy Nexus
Reply 993
Msc in Occupational Psychology at the Uni of Notts 12-13.. Thinking of staying at Opal 1 .. Anyone at Jubilee Campus?...
Kindly Reply
Nope, no burns. Dropped the test tube on the fume cupboard and ran to the sinks like a mad woman because I don't know how to operate the water pipe built into the fume cupboard :tongue:

LOL. I'd love to see you in a lab. Get the popcorn!
Has anyone applied for History and Russian? I'm applying for that next year and have so many questions and have never met anyone taking my course :confused:
Reply 996
Original post by The_Super_Nerd(:
Same here! Woo someone else for English :biggrin: I'm so ridiculously excited about notts. When is the visit day?

Also English here! What accomodation did you get? I'm shared ensuite, Hugh Stewart Hall.
Reply 997
Original post by Ps3SuperSRG
Cavendish!!!!

Oh god must get those grades!

Firmed Bsc Environmental Science.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100

Hey I live in Cav at the moment (In my first year)! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:
Original post by ekta9
Hey I live in Cav at the moment (In my first year)! Let me know if you have any questions :smile:

Omg,so excited,can't wait(providing i can get in that is :tongue:).
Just wondering,i could'nt find any pics and only checked derby on open days, what is it like in general, is it new,old?!?!?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 999
Original post by ekta9

do you mean Cav as is Cavandish Hall or something else :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending