Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sockpirate's Transformation Blog

Announcements Posted on
    • 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sockpirate)
    Yeah, convincing my DoS that at the start of term was the main issue :p: don't think turning up to my DoS meeting in my rowing kit having come straight from an outing was the best idea ever - he's not a massive fan of rowers... :laugh:
    Double chem and materials I'm really enjoying it, although have definitely neglected work so far this term! Tomorrow is going to have to be a big work day I think...
    Ah so you'll be doing a 4th year then? Definitely no worries about work! It's only 3 days into term, you can't be THAT far behind
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, convincing my DoS that at the start of term was the main issue :p: don't think turning up to my DoS meeting in my rowing kit having come straight from an outing was the best idea ever - he's not a massive fan of rowers... :laugh:
    Double chem and materials I'm really enjoying it, although have definitely neglected work so far this term! Tomorrow is going to have to be a big work day I think...
    I always found people went one way or the other with rowers. Some hated it (I hid behind the fact that my tute partner was women's captain and so they all knew she "was the rower") while others pointed out that the fact we were both on the river at 6am meant we were rarely in Bridge at 3
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SoapyDish)
    Ah so you'll be doing a 4th year then? Definitely no worries about work! It's only 3 days into term, you can't be THAT far behind
    Yeah, think so if only because it means I get another year before I have to actually decide what I want to do with my life! :p: and yeah, I'm not THAT far behind - as long as I get stuff done tomorrow it'll be fine. however that will be post-bop, so highly dependent on level of hangover.... :laugh:

(Original post by Cirsium)
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I always found people went one way or the other with rowers. Some hated it (I hid behind the fact that my tute partner was women's captain and so they all knew she "was the rower&quot while others pointed out that the fact we were both on the river at 6am meant we were rarely in Bridge at 3
    [/COLOR]
    Yeah, my DoS said in this meeting that if he thought I wasn't doing enough work because of rowing he'd write a letter to the senior tutor saying I wasn't allowed to row :rolleyes: however that's exceedingly unlikely to happen - I'm generally pretty up to date with my work, I've just not quite gotten out of the christmas holiday vibe yet.... Luckily our master absolutely loves rowers though, so I think in the few cases in the past where the senior tutor did stop someone from rowing, the master just stuck his foot in :p:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:

Yeah, my DoS said in this meeting that if he thought I wasn't doing enough work because of rowing he'd write a letter to the senior tutor saying I wasn't allowed to row :rolleyes: however that's exceedingly unlikely to happen - I'm generally pretty up to date with my work, I've just not quite gotten out of the christmas holiday vibe yet.... Luckily our master absolutely loves rowers though, so I think in the few cases in the past where the senior tutor did stop someone from rowing, the master just stuck his foot in :p:
    Crikey, your DoS sounds well mean! That said, I don't think I ever mentioned quite how much sport I was playing during term time...
    Anyways, I didn't see times put up for ergs, I'm pretty sure it's worth having for your own record(and competition here:p:)
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Righty-ho, so erg times. Being a short person who hates ergs, they are really not that good, so something I need to work on. I'll put them down here as a benchmark though
    2k - ~8:20ish - used a dodgy erg and forgot to take note of the finish time because it didn't stop automatically after 2k

Food-wise, I've eaten the contents of my graze box throughout the day (4 little packs between 100-200 cals each, mostly dried fruit/seeds/nuts.
    Also had soya mince around lunch time
    Yoghurt 1 hr before erg
    Think I'm going to have an omelette for dinner after I have a shower
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    So I was meant to be doing circuits this morning, but had a work crisis and ended up having to stay up 'til 3am to finish the work due in today, so sort of overslept, missed circuits and was 10 mins late for my lecture... oops. Oh well. Will try and get to the gym this eve if I have time, but have so. much. work. :work:
    Yoghurt with muesli for breakfast, yum. :yum:
    • 16 followers

ReputationRep:
    How's it going

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: February 2, 2012
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.