The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Interview for Adult Nursing at Essex (Southend campus)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by transmitter
So I had my test and interview on the 1st and received a letter telling me I have a place today. I somehow did surprisingly well in the test!
Just waiting to hear back from Anglia Ruskin as I had the two interviews with them yesterday, I'm really not sure which one I'll go to if I get in, is anyone else having to decide between those?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was the choice I had. I choose Anglia, as I have a family you get 3 weeks more holiday at Anglia. You are at uni straight through August at Essex. Plus the placement weeks are 37.5 at Essex. At Anglia you have 30 hour placements with 7.5 study time. Essex would have been an easier commute and the uni has a good rep though so its was really the family reason that led me to decide
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
hi ya, pls l also have an interview in Essex but its in June, really worried about the maths and literacy as well. what kind of question do they ask at the interview. pls I need ur help asap
hi ya, pls l also have an interview in Essex but its in June, really worried about the maths and literacy as well.

what kind of question do they ask at the interview. pls I need ur help asap
Original post by cessybaby
hi ya, pls l also have an interview in Essex but its in June, really worried about the maths and literacy as well.

what kind of question do they ask at the interview. pls I need ur help asap

the tests were both quite easy and you're allowed a calculator, the inly thing is that you have to be very quick as you don't have. lot of time to think. look over other unis test samples to get an idea of what will be on it, although the maths at essex was a lot simpler, the questions were long written ones. literacy was a lot of finding and correcting spelling and grammar, matching up words to meanings i think, putting instructions in order, and a few sentences on a question. interview questions differed depending on who you were seen by but mine were very nice and it was as relaxed as an interview can be. they asked what i thought the ole of an adult nurse is, and i used working on a ward as a specific example but mentioned that nurses work in all sorts of environments such as schools, in people's homes, in prisons etc.
they asked what equality meant to me, how would ideal with stress and stuff. they're not really there to try and trip you up, so try not to worry too much. definitely just make sure you've read over nursing roles, things like the mid staff report, and what the nmc is.
best of luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know how many weeks the academic year is at Essex for Adult Nursing?
Hi I have an interview with Essex for Adult Nursing this Friday please can you tell me what kind of questions came in the Numeracy and in the Literacy. Was there any essays?. Very nervous please be honest about how hard it was .Thanks
Original post by F Ellen
I've got an interview at Essex at the Southend campus in March for Adult Nursing BSc, very nervous but excited! Are there any other prospective Essex student nurses here? :biggrin:

Yes! I have an interview this month end as well.Very nervous about the Maths. Do you have any idea on the type of question being asked in Essex, in Numeracy and Literacy?
Original post by ClaireMarie95
Hey guys! i had my interview for Essex nursing on 7th Feb and have already heard back :smile: I got in :biggrin: if you have any questions about the specific interview process just ask me :smile: and let me know who else gets in :biggrin: GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Hi please I have an interview with Essex next week. So worried about the maths and English. Can you please give some hits of what kind of questions to expect from the maths and English?
I will so much appreciate you replay.
Reply 48
Original post by scotiawright
Yes! I have an interview this month end as well.Very nervous about the Maths. Do you have any idea on the type of question being asked in Essex, in Numeracy and Literacy?

Hi, sorry not sure about the Essex interview as I didn't go to it, I ended up going to Herts instead - this thread is old as I'm now in third year :smile:
Sorry for the late reply, how did you get on?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm having an interview for South end in 17 days, has anyone got any advise for the interview part? Been doing the practice tests and fairly confident about those I'm just worried i'll mess up the interview.
Original post by emmalou001
I'm having an interview for South end in 17 days, has anyone got any advise for the interview part? Been doing the practice tests and fairly confident about those I'm just worried i'll mess up the interview.

It will be ok I went there in July , their Literacy and Numeracy are all very easy.
Anybody needs nursing job contact me please
Reply 52
Hello, please can anyone tell me what the numeracy and literacy test is like. I have an interview at Colchester for Adult Nursing Msc. So nervous please help!
Reply 53
Does any know if bursary is still available for masters in nursing please??
Original post by Queensly
Hello, please can anyone tell me what the numeracy and literacy test is like. I have an interview at Colchester for Adult Nursing Msc. So nervous please help!

Hi , how was ur interview for nursing . Can you give me advice on what to expect pls ? Any clue will be appreciated. Thanks
Reply 55
Hey , can someone tell me likely question for numeracy test please.
Congrat! Please how is the maths, english and interview?
So thrilled, I scored 100% in literacy and numeracy for Southend and received an offer letter which I've accepted!
could anyone update what the maths and literacy test was like? Ive got a literacy and maths interview coming up in two weeks and i am nervous but really excited!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending