The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by d_94
How are people revising for this exam ? And any prediction on what's going to come?

revising by doing topicwise pastpapers.....i think one question will come from sampling methods...and procaryotes and eukaryotes......wht do u think???? hw r u revising???
Reply 2
I'm revising. But I don't feel that I have much time to finish fully. With solving all the past-papers and questions from other books. What did you get in AS Bio.? Did you do Unit 1 Bio.?
Reply 3
Original post by d_94
I'm revising. But I don't feel that I have much time to finish fully. With solving all the past-papers and questions from other books. What did you get in AS Bio.? Did you do Unit 1 Bio.?

Yes I did on this January,but for the first time.Do you have any notes for unit 2?
Reply 4
anyone using the CGP book as their main source of revision?
Reply 5
Original post by arnab
anyone using the CGP book as their main source of revision?

Wish I had that book. Do you have any resources for Unit 2 Bio. ?
Reply 6
Mitochondria are organelles found in eukaryotes. Biologists think that mitochondria originated from prokaryotes. Suggest 2 structural features of mitochondria that provide evidence for this theory. need an answer,please...
Reply 7
http://www.biologycorner.com/bio1/cellcycle.html , check this out.....might be helpful...revice well friends..best of luck
Reply 8
Original post by cisne
Mitochondria are organelles found in eukaryotes. Biologists think that mitochondria originated from prokaryotes. Suggest 2 structural features of mitochondria that provide evidence for this theory. need an answer,please...

errm they are small??
Reply 9
Original post by cisne
Mitochondria are organelles found in Eukaryote. Biologists think that mitochondria originated from Prokaryotes. Suggest 2 structural features of mitochondria that provide evidence for this theory. Need an answer, please...

I'm not sure how to answer it, but I'll give it a try...

I think that because Biologists think that they evolved from Prokaryotes (ex.bacteria); because both mitochondria and chloroplasts have their own DNA and can manufacture their own proteins.

I'm also guessing that maybe they have the same DNA/RNA, ribosomes, or even the same enzymes, as inside the mitochondria contain enzymes for respiration....

Hope it answers your question [:
Reply 10
Original post by arnab
errm they are small??

is that correct? i mean i don't know how t answer to that question,...:confused:
Reply 11
Original post by cisne
is that correct? i mean i don't know how t answer to that question,...:confused:

I'm not sure if it is correct. Check online to make suree.
Reply 12
Original post by d_94
I'm not sure how to answer it, but I'll give it a try...

I think that because Biologists think that they evolved from Prokaryotes (ex.bacteria); because both mitochondria and chloroplasts have their own DNA and can manufacture their own proteins.

I'm also guessing that maybe they have the same DNA/RNA, ribosomes, or even the same enzymes, as inside the mitochondria contain enzymes for respiration....

Hope it answers your question [:

yeh may be.. thought about darwins theory but didnt knew how to write a simple answer,that was for 2 marks....thanks..
Reply 13
Original post by cisne
yeh may be.. thought about darwins theory but didnt knew how to write a simple answer,that was for 2 marks....thanks..

Welcomee. (: What do you think you will get in this exam??
Reply 14
Original post by d_94
Welcomee. (: What do you think you will get in this exam??

obviously i aim for an A* ...but think its impossible...yet, i'll try my level best..Insha Allah i can get an A* if i try:smile:not only me...anybody can get if they try...right???
Reply 15
Original post by cisne
obviously i aim for an A* ...but think its impossible...yet, i'll try my level best..Insha Allah i can get an A* if i try:smile:not only me...anybody can get if they try...right???

yess course u can....with hard work and a BIT of luck, anyfing is possible. btw i am aiming for an A* too, so that way, evn if i get B at chem, it should make up for it!
Reply 16
Original post by arnab
yess course u can....with hard work and a BIT of luck, anyfing is possible. btw i am aiming for an A* too, so that way, evn if i get B at chem, it should make up for it!

well,i cant say that cause i am very weak in chem and physics:frown: never got above C in physics and above B in chem
Reply 17
Original post by cisne
well, i'm going to upload some notes on fertilization in plants,...i think that its going to come up on this exam

thanks
Reply 18
Sorry to interrupt you guys but, i am curious on which examination you guys are attempting? IGCSE or any other?
Reply 19
Wow, sorry. Did'nt read the topic of the thread..

Latest

Trending

Trending