The Student Room Group

St. Mary's University Twickenham

Scroll to see replies

Afternoon,
Looks like i am in the same boat as you two (BeckK & icnthelpit)
Looking forward to going?
The reading lists like you said are long.
But i think that some of them are for the whole time that we are there surely.
I mean it should have helpful tips.
Doesnt say that they are just for the first year. So i would have thought that they are for the whole three years and further really.
They will be great books to go back for advice, good investment i have heard. :smile:
I have had a friend on the course just finished her second year at St Marys and said that it was a good investment :smile: so that is all good.
I have applied to De Mac first, i dont mind if i have to get a job, had one since i was 16 :P soo no difference really. nice bit of extra cash as well. :smile:
Have you sent all the forms off? :smile:
We should start a group on facebook for all the people doing Primary Education at St Marys, would you guys be up for joining if it was there? :smile:
James
Original post by Jandersonn
Afternoon,
Doesnt say that they are just for the first year. So i would have thought that they are for the whole three years and further really.
They will be great books to go back for advice, good investment i have heard. :smile:
I have had a friend on the course just finished her second year at St Marys and said that it was a good investment :smile: so that is all good.
I have applied to De Mac first, i dont mind if i have to get a job, had one since i was 16 :P soo no difference really. nice bit of extra cash as well. :smile:
We should start a group on facebook for all the people doing Primary Education at St Marys, would you guys be up for joining if it was there? :smile:
James

Hey :smile: Did your friend on the course get all the books, or just certain ones? Because I think I might get a few, as you said they might be good to refer to, but I don't really want to shed out a small fortune :s-smilie:
Literally just finished in filling out the forms, ready to post tomorrow. And praying that the primary school replies to me and says I can do the extra two weeks :/
Facebook thing sounds good :biggrin:
Reply 102
Original post by Jandersonn
Afternoon,
James

Hi :smile: I hope they're for the whole time, and it is rather expensive. My friend did suggest just getting the best/important ones and getting the others when and if needed, but he isn't doing our course so it's not the most experienced advice :smile:
I'm okay getting a job (as lons as i can get one! still looking for one for the summer) so i can have an en-suite :smile: And yep, all forms sent off the other day, finally! Makes it seem so much more closer! :smile: I agree, the facebook idea sounds great, definately be joining it :smile:
hey, I am on Primary Education too. I got Old House for my accomodation
Reply 104
Hey Guys, St Mary's is my firm choice for primary ed too :smile:

You know the observations we were told to make... How many are you going to do? They don't specifically say, but I was thinking one a day?????

I've started getting my books, mostly from eBay, but if you look on the St Mary's facebook page, I think I saw some students trying to sell theirs.... the 2nd hand ones are cheaper, and mine are all in great condition :smile:
Original post by sophier1993
hey, I am on Primary Education too. I got Old House for my accomodation

Same! :biggrin: for both! :P What room number? (Im second floor, rm 245)
Original post by archbaby
Hey Guys, St Mary's is my firm choice for primary ed too :smile:

You know the observations we were told to make... How many are you going to do? They don't specifically say, but I was thinking one a day?????

I've started getting my books, mostly from eBay, but if you look on the St Mary's facebook page, I think I saw some students trying to sell theirs.... the 2nd hand ones are cheaper, and mine are all in great condition :smile:

Hey :smile: I was thinking do time table of what they do during the day, and notes on teaching methods etc of each subject. eg. English first thing. What activities they do, incl spellings, reading etc. That way most of the notes are taken in the first week, and anything extra can be added throughout the rest of the time there.
Have you got/getting all of the books? or jsut one from each section? Thanks for suggesting the facebook page, I didn't think of looking there!
Original post by icnthelpit
Same! :biggrin: for both! :P What room number? (Im second floor, rm 245)

I am Second Floor too, Room 202 :smile: Was it your first choice?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending