The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

First year accomodation choices for Aberdeen Uni

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I got Fyfe, I'm really unhappy about being in single sex so do you think I could phone in to get it changed?

Don't want to live in single sex halls at all :frown:
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Original post by judzi
Think you might be in the same flat as me, I'm 172C

awesome. The parties in our flat are going to be crazy
Original post by andrew17
I got Fyfe, I'm really unhappy about being in single sex so do you think I could phone in to get it changed?

Don't want to live in single sex halls at all :frown:

yeah just call up, they'll still be loads of space in the mixed sex one for sure
Reply 203
Original post by cgraham15
yeah just call up, they'll still be loads of space in the mixed sex one for sure

cheers mate :smile:
Reply 204

I wonder why the numbers are so high. Im in a couple of flats along from you. Bet we have the mission of climbing to the top of the building whilst pissed.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by kirsti
I wonder why the numbers are so high. Im in a couple of flats along from you. Bet we have the mission of climbing to the top of the building whilst pissed.

what numbers? :L and yeah haha, I'm in 172A :biggrin: do you know what floor thats on? :s-smilie:
Reply 206
what numbers? :L and yeah haha, I'm in 172A :biggrin: do you know what floor thats on? :s-smilie:

174B :biggrin: I'm with Alt_x ! ha, + not a clue.

Reply 207
The office said they've changed me to Wavell, pretty happy now haha
Original post by kirsti
174B :biggrin: I'm with Alt_x ! ha, + not a clue.

oh yeah the room numbers! Maybe that means we're near the top of the building? And yeah? :biggrin: whats the chances haha :smile:
Original post by andrew17
The office said they've changed me to Wavell, pretty happy now haha

yea? haha nice
Reply 210
oh yeah the room numbers! Maybe that means we're near the top of the building? And yeah? :biggrin: whats the chances haha :smile:

Well if your on your laptop you could go on the website and see how many people it houses ? you could probably roughly work out where we are from that. I wonder why we got such high numbers though since we applied so early!! :P

Original post by kirsti
Well if your on your laptop you could go on the website and see how many people it houses ? you could probably roughly work out where we are from that. I wonder why we got such high numbers though since we applied so early!! :P

yeah same, although maybe flat 1 is at the top? it says online that we move in on the 15th of September, it's all getting real now haha
Reply 212
yeah same, although maybe flat 1 is at the top? it says online that we move in on the 15th of September, it's all getting real now haha

Doubt it haha!, + i know :biggrin: super excited.

I don't think South House has a flat 1. According to the map I have the SH flats are 170-206 and they're in 4 blocks with (i think) 3 flats a floor although I'm not entirely sure. :smile:
Can anybody confirm the layout of Wavell? I've got a room on the first floor, will this be an all-girls floor or is it completely integrated? I don't really mind either way but it would be nice to know what to expect.
Reply 215
Original post by CocaineSquirrel
Can anybody confirm the layout of Wavell? I've got a room on the first floor, will this be an all-girls floor or is it completely integrated? I don't really mind either way but it would be nice to know what to expect.

Will be an all girls floor, each floor is single sex but the building is mixed
Original post by Katieee156
I don't think South House has a flat 1. According to the map I have the SH flats are 170-206 and they're in 4 blocks with (i think) 3 flats a floor although I'm not entirely sure. :smile:

ah I can kinda judge where my flat will be then, first floor I think :smile:
Original post by atomos
what are the chances that my flat in south house will be a mix of boys and girls?
on the form i put no preference for single sex accomodation, but that was more for wavell over adam smith...but thinking about it now i don't really know if i'd want to share a flat with a mix hmm

I think flats are single sex only. I put "prefer single sex" because I wanted a flat and thought it would be easier to be just guys, and I got a South House offer which was my first choice, so the flats are probably single sex.
Original post by atomos
i phoned them up there to check, yeah i am in a flat of all girls phew, i agree think it will be a lot easier/less hassle just having single sex for halls anyway (but thats just me). i bet the accomodation people are getting harrassed by a load of people phoning in for the next wee while :tongue: the woman was very nice on the phone though!

haha yeah I think its better. Besides, the whole building is mixed so you only need to walk like 3 meters to see girls/guys!
Reply 219
Original post by atomos
Got south house! :smile:

Whats your room number ? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending