The Student Room Group

F582 - OCR 18th January 2012

Hey guys, realised there isn't a thread on this module, so I just thought of starting one.

So any thoughts of what might come up this year?

Scroll to see replies

Any ideas on what the last question may be on?
Reply 2
Any ideas for popular defination? Like GDP, OR INFLATION?
Reply 3
Well I don't think it's gonna be on economic growth, because it just came up. Possibly on the effectiveness of policy measures I think.
Reply 4
Started revision today; my teacher reckons the last question will involve taxes of some kind.
Reply 5
Original post by 94george94
Started revision today; my teacher reckons the last question will involve taxes of some kind.

Really? I would be so happy if it's going to be on taxes! :smile:
Reply 6
Does anyone have the tutor2u hand out or any cool websites to visit? please x
Reply 7
Is it even useful to do papers that was the old specification?
Reply 8
Original post by Aimanos
Does anyone have the tutor2u hand out or any cool websites to visit? please x

I have 2 good revision guides I can send you. PM me your email.

Original post by fiona23
Is it even useful to do papers that was the old specification?

Yes, of course its useful. Are you doing past papers?

Would you be able to put a link to them on this forum?
Reply 10

Yes, of course its useful. Are you doing past papers?

Yh I'm doing past papers now. How are you revising this?
Original post by fiona23
Yh I'm doing past papers now. How are you revising this?

Just reading through revision guides, might do some past papers if I can be bothered.
I think the last question is going to be something on or to do with the balance of payments as it would have been a current issue around the time when the paper would have been written. Taxes is also an option.

As for a few of the shorter questions, i am expecting difficulties is measuring GDP and possibly the definition for GNP as it is a left wing answer that hasn't come up in a while. Think they may also ask us to differentiate between actual and potential economic growth as well.
Reply 13
Original post by gracehousden
I think the last question is going to be something on or to do with the balance of payments as it would have been a current issue around the time when the paper would have been written. Taxes is also an option.

As for a few of the shorter questions, i am expecting difficulties is measuring GDP and possibly the definition for GNP as it is a left wing answer that hasn't come up in a while. Think they may also ask us to differentiate between actual and potential economic growth as well.

Possibly taxes. I Can see BOP as a short question like 6 marks, but I don't really think there is much to write if it was an essay?
Reply 14
As long as the essay isn't on BoP/CA, i'm cool.

Any of the other 3 main macro objectives linked with any policy, and i'll be happy.
Reply 15
may be different kinds of unemploymeng in short answers
Original post by uxa595
As long as the essay isn't on BoP/CA, i'm cool.

Any of the other 3 main macro objectives linked with any policy, and i'll be happy.

Won't be, June 2011 was about the current account.
Reply 17
Won't be, June 2011 was about the current account.

Nope. The june 11 Q was:
Discuss the effectiveness of lowering the rate of interest in order to stimulate economic growth.

That has nothing to do with BoP/CA really.
Reply 18
I am resitting this module tomorrow morning and feel even less prepared than last time, but that is probably just because im stressing!!

AS now seems a lot easier than A2!!!

I have a feeling that the 18 marker will be on either taxes or a macroeconomic policy
Original post by uxa595
Nope. The june 11 Q was:
Discuss the effectiveness of lowering the rate of interest in order to stimulate economic growth.

That has nothing to do with BoP/CA really.

Yeah, sorry I got confused, that was what my teacher predicted would be the essay question. In that case I'd expect a question on CA.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending